Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11025 11026 [11027] 11028 11029 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766372 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165390 on: November 20, 2015, 06:35:39 pm »

Why would you eat wet sand
Zero calories, twice the taste
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165391 on: November 20, 2015, 06:37:06 pm »

Yeaaah, people don't eat raw grits-
Wait, no, I actually did that in the Boy Scouts.  Because cooking involved messing with a gas stove and stuff, and I liked to snack as I hiked...  I just got used to it, just had to drink a lot of water.  Also it was paper packages of salted "instant" or "minute" grits, IE not fully dehydrated.

Cooked though, grits are really nice (particularly with butter, which I don't usually go for).  The individual grits do stay just a little chewy, making it like a fine cereal.  Except a different cereal that fine would become mushy gruel when cooked.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165392 on: November 20, 2015, 06:51:20 pm »

Cheese is for grits, grits are for cheese.* Probably a lil'bit of meat, too, if available. Bacon is a standard, sausage very normal, too. Pretty regular thing that's done in my area is to take grits and eggs (usually over light, or whatever they call it elsewhere) and smoosh 'em together, meat/season to taste. Stuff's more or less like particulate rice or summat, usable about in the same way. Butter very normal but not really needed. Bullion is fine for salt substitute, pepper is wonderful, just kinda' do whatever to it.

Occasionally throw grits in with mac & cheese, m'self. It's tasty. Not entirely sure what they usually make them out of in this area, and I also don't want to know. They're tasty, and sometimes knowing isn't worth it.

*Though if you're going for cheese grits, make sure it's actually grits and not roe. The color and appearance can get... very similar. The taste is very not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165393 on: November 20, 2015, 07:09:16 pm »

I am the drunkest I've been ever and have been around friends and been hit on by a fat ginger. Is this what being a normie is like?

Edit: oh yeah, also they do cinnamon flavoured Jack Daniels. Whiskey and cinnamon is very probably my favorite combination of flavours that I've found so far.

Also why are you taking about eating grit? Grit is for icy roads, not people mouths.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:15:04 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165394 on: November 20, 2015, 07:14:19 pm »

Why are you asking any of us about normal anything?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165395 on: November 20, 2015, 07:15:52 pm »

I am the drunkest I've been ever and have been around friends and been hit on by a fat ginger. Is this what being a normie is like?

Edit: oh yeah, also they do cinnamon flavoured Jack Daniels. Whiskey and cinnamon is very probably my favorite combination of flavours that I've found so far.

Also why are you taking about eating grit? Grit is for icy roads, not people mouths.
Dude touch their butt

And no u
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165396 on: November 20, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »

Nah I am Home and about to go to sleep so I am not touching any additional butts today.

(and no u)^3

Edit again: I'm pretty sure I have a good imbibement yo drunkenness ratio compared to other people. I blame superior genetics. Praise be to slav.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:24:29 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #165397 on: November 20, 2015, 08:17:36 pm »

Cleaned half my desk today. Going to get the other half tomorrow. I feel pretty pleased with myself now.

"Cleaning", in this case, meaning removing three or four years of stray drawings, long overdue forgotten schoolwork, several-year old advertisements, long-expired coupons, and the occasional unopened business letter. All that's left now (on this half, anyway) are my computer monitor and one speaker, a few CD cases, some spare change, a couple of stray knickknacks, and half a pound or so of scrap paper and writing utensils.

Tomorrow's going to be a doozy, though, the pile of paper on that half looks like it could be knocked over by a stiff breeze.
It took around 120 minutes, but there is now three square feet of additional desk space for me to use.

And it's freaking beautiful.

I also stumbled upon my old cordless USB controller, and with any luck I'll be able to find the USB plugin and use a vaguely PlayStation-esque controller with any video games I've got with customizable controls.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #165398 on: November 20, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »

I tried biscuits and gravy alongside grits once.

why does the south love cement and wet sand so much
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #165399 on: November 20, 2015, 08:52:01 pm »

you actually have to cook the food koss

Well, cook the grits and not burn the biscuits. There should be no crunch to grits, and biscuits done well are not hard, at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165400 on: November 20, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »

Honestly. Good grits are delicious, and well-made biscuits & gravy are the same. Just because they look like sick doesn't mean they're supposed to taste that way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165401 on: November 20, 2015, 09:04:03 pm »

Why are you asking any of us about normal anything?
SIG'D.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #165402 on: November 20, 2015, 09:06:28 pm »

Honestly. Good grits are delicious, and well-made biscuits & gravy are the same. Just because they look like sick doesn't mean they're supposed to taste that way.
I agree about biscuits and gravy but I still maintain grits are bad even when good.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #165403 on: November 20, 2015, 09:56:59 pm »

I agree about biscuits and gravy but I still maintain grits are bad even when good.
Such are the blasphemies with which I must contend.
BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE YANKEE

I'm not the biggest bread fan, but when you find a place that knows how to do a good biscuit, it's like eating a soft cloud of butter. With more butter. Or honey. Or white gravy.
Likewise, most people who have "tried" grits got a packet of Quaker Instant rather than the real deal. Real stone-ground grits are more like cream of wheat crossed with the taste of cornbread.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165404 on: November 20, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

Such are the blasphemies with which I must contend.
BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE YANKEE

I'm not the biggest bread fan, but when you find a place that knows how to do a good biscuit, it's like eating a soft cloud of butter. With more butter. Or honey. Or white gravy.
Likewise, most people who have "tried" grits got a packet of Quaker Instant rather than the real deal. Real stone-ground grits are more like cream of wheat crossed with the taste of cornbread.

Wait, people actually eat those? That's like saying that homemade steel-cut oats with cinnamon, molasses, and milk is nasty because you've had a package of... fittingly enough, Quaker Instant.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11025 11026 [11027] 11028 11029 ... 13325