Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11018 11019 [11020] 11021 11022 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15907831 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165285 on: November 18, 2015, 02:04:18 am »

oh my god

i mean i know vinny sorta pushed me over the edge into getting binding of isaac but i didn't know he was, like, one of the big streamers for it

that's fun

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165286 on: November 18, 2015, 02:26:11 am »

This is awesome and so are you for just rattling it off like that.

Re: strategy guides: I know pretty much every statistic to do with Age of Kings: The Conquerors. Including ones that aren't available in game, although that's not so much from the manual.

I don't know why, but I love that game so much.
The "Age of X" series seems to have very good manuals. Gives stat info, strategy ideas, and tons of fluff. Learned about it with Age of Empires 3 which I am to understand is one of the less good entries.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #165287 on: November 18, 2015, 02:51:36 am »

3 was pretty good up until Asian Dynasties or Warchiefs - whichever introduced Horse Guns. "Artillery are good, but they have too many drawbacks. Let's make them so fast that there's a research to let them outrun cavalry."

It's completely different stylistically and mostly different mechanically, but I wouldn't say necessarily worse per se.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #165288 on: November 18, 2015, 03:38:18 am »

The Conquerors was pretty much the best of the entire series IMO. Age of Mythology was great back in the day but didn't really age so well. It's a shame no-one really picked up on that again.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #165289 on: November 18, 2015, 03:52:14 am »

So despite the sticks in the wheels, we improved our result -- again. So I'm confirmed as a trade union rep.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #165290 on: November 18, 2015, 04:23:16 am »

I'm beginning to suck less in Dark Souls. Being a new player, my character is anything but optimized, but I'm beginning to get an idea on building an easy block and roll versatile warrior. I even pissed off an invader and took down some of their health before they smacked me to death with their big sword.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165291 on: November 18, 2015, 04:26:15 am »

Cinder, is that you on the Infinity: Battlescape forums?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #165292 on: November 18, 2015, 05:01:29 am »

Nope, I wasn't even aware Infinity: Battlescape had a forum.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #165293 on: November 18, 2015, 05:06:40 am »

Some other cinder, then.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #165294 on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:30 am »

It's a doppelgänger. Alert the agents.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165295 on: November 18, 2015, 08:38:33 am »

The Conquerors was pretty much the best of the entire series IMO. Age of Mythology was great back in the day but didn't really age so well. It's a shame no-one really picked up on that again.

I don't know. I thought that Age of Mythology holds up very well compared to The Conquerors (and the two recent expansions we got on top of that). Not having to reseed farms cuts down on micromanagement and need for wood, trading with your town centers gives you a useful source of gold in the late game, and removing the stone resource makes building defenses slightly more viable. The four completely different civilizations and the opportunity to choose between gods at each age was very interesting first getting into the game, even if it turned out that some choices were much better than others. Apparently Egyptians are the best overall, especially with their fast, long-range chariot archers that can reenact the Mongol hordes. Also they're releasing a new expansion for the game soon, which sounds interesting as it is based on Chinese mythology, so maybe Age of Mythology will start to pick up again. Who knows?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165296 on: November 18, 2015, 08:38:50 am »

DAYMAN
OAAAAaaaaaaah!
So pretty.  The Daymanstep remix is great too, particularly the visuals...  Made me have to see the actual show to see wtf it was about.  (Show's alright)

It's a doppelgänger. Alert the agents.
FUCK I mean, yes, burn him!  Not me!

So despite the sticks in the wheels, we improved our result -- again. So I'm confirmed as a trade union rep.
Abuse your power!

i have pi memorized to 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841972

that's, like, way more than you need

if you want to know the exact number of atoms in a one-dimensional circle of a kilometer diameter, you need 3.1415926535898

you don't need that much

but i was bored in middle school
Did you listen to the Pi Song a lot?  If I'd known about it, I probably would have memorized it back then.
Hard n' Phirms video for it is pretty nice and creepy, kinda gets in the way of the holy numbers tho

Game I'm really excited about is about to get kickstarted
Football?  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #165297 on: November 18, 2015, 08:54:52 am »

DAYMAN
OAAAAaaaaaaah!
So pretty.  The Daymanstep remix is great too, particularly the visuals...  Made me have to see the actual show to see wtf it was about.  (Show's alright)
this is both my wtf for today, because WTF???? and my happy because it made me happy, for some reason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165298 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really love when CK2 bugs out.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165299 on: November 18, 2015, 10:40:52 am »

That does seem pretty suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 11018 11019 [11020] 11021 11022 ... 13327