Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10949 10950 [10951] 10952 10953 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788442 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164250 on: October 25, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

When I first migrated to GD I didn't even realize there was a happy thread because I mentally parsed over the thread where the title was random nonsense.
That's your problem then, isn't it?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Still changing it
« Reply #164251 on: October 25, 2015, 05:04:21 pm »

When I first migrated to GD I didn't even realize there was a happy thread because I mentally parsed over the thread where the title was random nonsense.
...What's my problem then?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164252 on: October 25, 2015, 05:06:24 pm »

Wow someone's in "Act like a sarcastic jerk" mode today.

I don't have the time or inclination to read every single title, so I look at the first few words to see what it's about.  The happy thread is unidentifiable that way.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164253 on: October 25, 2015, 05:07:48 pm »

Don't think I've ever had a hard time identifying the happy thread.

Guess that counts as a happy :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #164254 on: October 25, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

...What's my problem then?
Skimming over the thread, obviously.
There isn't much else I could be referring to.
Wow someone's in "Act like a sarcastic jerk" mode today.

I don't have the time or inclination to read every single title, so I look at the first few words to see what it's about.  The happy thread is unidentifiable that way.
Mmm.
Perhaps I shouldn't be posting with a headache like this, I dunno.

Eh. For what it's worth, sorry. I'm really not in the greatest mood today.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164255 on: October 25, 2015, 05:10:36 pm »

Aw come on, it's perfectly reasonable to miss the Happy Thread because of the rambling nature of its posts and name.  I was confused when I first found it too.

On the other hand, it's always had Happy Thread in the name.  So it's not that hard to find if you hear about it elsewhere, or take the time to investigate.

Everybody's right :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #164256 on: October 25, 2015, 05:13:03 pm »

May start a Shadowrun group at university. Except I am the GM, have no experience GMing (then again, neither does anyone else) and am only the GM because I know more Shadowrun fluff than the rest, even though I'm having to learn the rules right now. Still, quite a happy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #164257 on: October 25, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »

Hey that's exactly how it happened for me and I did fine.

Just try to keep the players patient if you need to check at or look at stuff. And if they're all new too that shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and remember if something seems too confusing, just make a decision and move on. It's more fun if you don't let the game get hung up for too long.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #164258 on: October 25, 2015, 05:17:25 pm »

Most of my dread on the matter comes from probably having to look up stuff in my phone, since we don't got physical books. Thinking of using a premade adventure to start with.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164259 on: October 25, 2015, 05:19:06 pm »

I'm sure there are ways to acquire copies of the books, print or digital.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #164260 on: October 25, 2015, 05:19:43 pm »

Well that would be easier than how I did it, just remember to check the adventure against your players in case things seem off balance.

Never had to run something off a phone though, I actually had the physical book of the edition before this one. I think it's still at my grandmas with most of my other books.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #164261 on: October 25, 2015, 05:25:00 pm »

That thread name.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164262 on: October 25, 2015, 05:27:38 pm »

PDFs on a laptop seemed ideal, at least they were for DND 3.5e.  Which involved a *lot* of splat books, of course.
When my ex-GM visited my place, his brother mentioned he was launching a new game.  Whereas the GM hasn't offered me or my friends spots, this time around.

...  Yes, that's a happy!  The guy's an amazing GM, and we kinda fell apart on him.  Hopefully he finds some better players, who don't have interfering existing relationships.  And hopefully he also knows to run discrete campaigns instead of a 2-year continuous thing with no end in sight.

It was his first time GMing, and we formed a lot of great memories,  I'm sorry it had to end, but his next attempt will be better from that experience.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:29:16 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164263 on: October 25, 2015, 05:33:28 pm »

I can never get enough interest to start a tabletop game, even when I took the simplest RPG that I could find and then cut out a bunch of shit so you could learn the entire thing in one sitting. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164264 on: October 25, 2015, 06:05:55 pm »

I can never get enough interest to start a tabletop game, even when I took the simplest RPG that I could find and then cut out a bunch of shit so you could learn the entire thing in one sitting. :(
I have a hard time getting other people enthusiastic enough to actually organise it. Even when it was their idea.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 10949 10950 [10951] 10952 10953 ... 13325