Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10936 10937 [10938] 10939 10940 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791670 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #164055 on: October 20, 2015, 07:45:14 pm »

What do you mean you guys don't like personal styles? I've written my posts like this for years and nobody has said a thing

underkill: Gray is a great choice but you should go a bit darker.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #164056 on: October 20, 2015, 07:45:34 pm »

yeah there's basically nothing wrong with doing things you like to do when you're putting in the effort to make sure they work with things other people like, so good on ya

also neat with the independence thing, good luck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164057 on: October 20, 2015, 07:47:57 pm »

If there's anything I've learned about Bay12: if you want to be recognized its all about the post count.

That's lower board.  Upper board its about participating in the creation of one of their obnoxious memes.

I shitpost like no tomorrow but people still don't know who I am. :V

4mask's right, though: people remember people that they talk to repeatedly, and people who make an impression. Negative works as well: one of my strongest memories of a forum-goer is of an absolute raging douche-nozzle popularity hound from one of the major Runescape fan forums. I haven't seen that bastard for a decade or so but I still remember the exact style of condescending behavior he enjoyed, and the stupid fucking avatar he used. That's also, not coincidentally, where I picked up my seething, vitriolic distaste for postcount-wank and the poisonous worship it engenders, even if I try not to let that show too much.

well then, now that that's settled, i've also been able to get a few aspects of my life into more reasonable order and am on track to total and complete independence....within a year, but it's something.

It's not a value judgement, but if you need a special-snowflake tic to make people remember you, you probably aren't a very memorable person.

Most of the people I remember the most distinctly from here I remember because they had distinct personalities which shone through in what they said, usually in positive ways....Also you should totally use colored text to fuck with the Darkling users.  :P

it's literally just a thing i like. i enjoy colored text. that's literally the only reason i'm doing it. however, i will see what i can do to actually make it readable

Hey, congrats on getting your life sorted, all this other crap aside!

...That shade of grey is pretty invisible on the default theme, too. The suggestion for using a glow was a good one, since those don't obscure the base text.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164058 on: October 20, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »

Its a readable gray in darkling tho :p
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164059 on: October 20, 2015, 07:50:59 pm »

That's about what I figured. RIP us plebe scum.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164060 on: October 20, 2015, 07:51:50 pm »

Yeah, there's two extremes here.
Either dark background, or white background.  And gray just doesn't work.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #164061 on: October 20, 2015, 07:52:29 pm »

Maybe you could use Green?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164062 on: October 20, 2015, 07:53:04 pm »

Maybe Green?
In use to ask Toady questions.  Sorry.
Blue is clear though?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #164063 on: October 20, 2015, 07:54:01 pm »

Maybe Green?
I'm not the one who wants the text color, was just suggesting something.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164064 on: October 20, 2015, 07:55:33 pm »

I can't be asked to find the post I made about this a few weeks ago, but I've decided not to date my ex. We're still made up and good friends. She's matured a lot, and I actually think I like her more than when I first met her. We're really good friends now, and I don't want to damage that. Friends get over spats and misunderstandings, boyfriends and girlfriends get heartbroken and swear they're never going to trust anybody and they're never going to love again yada yada yada. I enjoy being friends with her. There's plenty of attractive girls I could date, but I have very few genuine friends. My ex is now one of them, and I wouldn't risk that for anything.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164065 on: October 20, 2015, 07:55:50 pm »

Maybe Green?
I'm not the one who wants the text color, was just suggesting something.
I know.
Sigtext

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164066 on: October 20, 2015, 07:56:16 pm »

Its a readable gray in darkling tho :p

^This. That's the other big difference between lower boards and upper boards: The upper board's colour scheme defaults to Darkling and the lower boards doesn't.

I like cheese

Gray glow seems like it'd be a good balance of nice colour and also readability.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

underkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164067 on: October 20, 2015, 07:57:54 pm »

well, i'm trying a few different things, see if it works out for me and everyone else.
you call down the fire...

and i'll reap the whirlwind

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164068 on: October 20, 2015, 08:06:16 pm »

I recall that post, glad you have solid reasons to back your decision.

Blue is clear though?
Maybe it's just me but blue on default and darkling messes with my head. It sort of begins to blend with the background. It is too light on default(hurts eyes) and too dark on darkling(can't read but makes me want to squint to try).

well, i'm trying a few different things, see if it works out for me and everyone else.
Barely even notice the difference(from normal text; darkling) but it is more evident after reading other colored posts.

Is it possible to change the background in the post text box? Looking at my posts while typing is starting to hurt my eyes.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164069 on: October 20, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »

I recall that post, glad you have solid reasons to back your decision.

Blue is clear though?
Maybe it's just me but blue on default and darkling messes with my head. It sort of begins to blend with the background. It is too light on default(hurts eyes) and too dark on darkling(can't read but makes me want to squint to try).

Barely even notice the difference(from normal text; darkling) but it is more evident after reading other colored posts.

Is it possible to change the background in the post text box? Looking at my posts while typing is starting to hurt my eyes.
Not besides the preview button.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 10936 10937 [10938] 10939 10940 ... 13325