Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10933 10934 [10935] 10936 10937 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794631 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #164010 on: October 20, 2015, 04:07:38 pm »

I think the point was there's nothing wrong with it, but it seems a bit unnecessary.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164011 on: October 20, 2015, 04:08:29 pm »

Do you do that a lot? Honestly haven't seen it before.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #164012 on: October 20, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »

This is the firsts time I've seen it but looking through his post history he uses it a lot.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #164013 on: October 20, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »

I think the point was there's nothing wrong with it, but it seems a bit unnecessary.
Then let the newbie do it, I'd say.  If they want to make more work for themselves and have a different text color than the rest of us, there's no reason they can't, and no real reason to judge them for doing so.  I've seen forums where that kind of thing is relatively commonplace.

Do you do that a lot? Honestly haven't seen it before.
It depends which iteration of me is online at the moment.  This iteration disappeared for quite a while before resurfacing recently with this text color.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #164014 on: October 20, 2015, 04:12:10 pm »

]really though we all know  there is one true way of colouring text
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164015 on: October 20, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »

Yeah, having an identifying text colour is a bit... well.
But when a longtime forum resident does it, it's okay?  Because I've yet to receive complaints about my use of this text.  Amused comments, yes, but no complaints.
You have a glow.  I don't think glows are complaint worthy.  Text colors can be unreadable depending on which theme you have.
But really, I don't care so long as the color isn't transparent.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164016 on: October 20, 2015, 04:13:45 pm »

But when a longtime forum resident does it, it's okay?  Because I've yet to receive complaints about my use of this text.  Amused comments, yes, but no complaints.
You have a glow.  I don't think glows are complaint worthy.  Text colors can be unreadable depending on which theme you have.
They did say they were looking for a color that wouldn't mess with themes, did they not?
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164017 on: October 20, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

Personally, no. I think it's quite silly you do it as well. Pointless snowflake-y stuff.
But since it hadn't come up in conversation previously, I hadn't gone out of my way to mention it, because I don't care that much.

Then let the newbie do it, I'd say.  If they want to make more work for themselves and have a different text color than the rest of us, there's no reason they can't, and no real reason to judge them for doing so.  I've seen forums where that kind of thing is relatively commonplace.
This, however, is not one of those forums, and praise Jesus for that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #164018 on: October 20, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »

Instead, this is a forum with gianthuge threads that would've gotten chopped into 852 parts by now to be less forum-dominating in their post-containing amounts elsewhere.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164019 on: October 20, 2015, 04:17:32 pm »

Mmm.  I think we should probably drop the subject of text color, otherwise we might convince the newbie we're much more draconian than we really are.

My happy for today is that... damn it, now I have to think.  I guess that I got to meet a newbie?  Idk.  IRL isn't the greatest right now.  I guess that I got to take a nap is good.

Instead, this is a forum with gianthuge threads that would've gotten chopped into 852 parts by now to be less forum-dominating in their post-containing amounts elsewhere.
:D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #164020 on: October 20, 2015, 04:17:36 pm »

Being an oldfag doesn't excuse anything, and there really isn't a difference between a glow and a color. If your personality consists of seniority and colorful text, you might want to relocate to the Roblox forums.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164021 on: October 20, 2015, 04:19:03 pm »

Being an oldfag doesn't excuse anything, and there really isn't a difference between a glow and a color. If your personality consists of seniority and colorful text, you might want to relocate to the Roblox forums.
I can't tell whether you're being serious or not.  That post of mine was highly sarcastic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164022 on: October 20, 2015, 04:24:55 pm »

you might want to relocate to the Roblox forums.
do not remind me of those dark times
i'm only glad that i've changed my online username since then

And yeah text colours are pretty insufferable. They don't add anything and are just kind of ugly. This isn't Tumblr.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164023 on: October 20, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »

I was of the opinion that we mostly don't care about individual idiosyncracies.  Eh, whatever.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164024 on: October 20, 2015, 04:30:12 pm »

And yeah text colours are pretty insufferable. They don't add anything and are just kind of ugly. This isn't Tumblr.
Yeah, there's really not any benefits.

If you post interesting stuff, people will remember you, obnoxious coloured text or not. Aim for that instead, perhaps.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 10933 10934 [10935] 10936 10937 ... 13325