Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10928 10929 [10930] 10931 10932 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796160 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163935 on: October 19, 2015, 12:17:51 pm »

Nope, PS3 can't run PS1 games, since it only reads Blu-ray. PS2 can, though. I know from experience with all three consoles and their games. I don't know about PS4.
Interesting.  I have empirical evidence that disagrees, considering I just popped Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure into my PS3 to test this (in case I was going completely crazy, which is not beyond the realm of possibility).  Wiki also says this is true of all models in the system specs sidebar, so it's probably not the fact that I have a late model (which, if I recall, were actually cut down from the original launch models to save on costs); I'd have gone to Sony's website, but that thing is a metric pain to navigate. 

But yes, I did it mostly for the extrapolation joke. :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:19:33 pm by Culise »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163936 on: October 19, 2015, 12:22:41 pm »

I have empirical evidence that disagrees
The problem is, I have empirical evidence which does support my claim. This shouldn't be possible. Clearly, we've somehow broken science and now all we have left is SCIENCE. Brb, setting PS3 on fire.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163937 on: October 19, 2015, 12:31:40 pm »

I have empirical evidence that disagrees
The problem is, I have empirical evidence which does support my claim. This shouldn't be possible. Clearly, we've somehow broken science and now all we have left is SCIENCE. Brb, setting PS3 on fire.
Sounds great.  I'll ignite a few PS1 discs on my end and test further. :3

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163938 on: October 19, 2015, 12:36:32 pm »

Nope, PS3 can't run PS1 games, since it only reads Blu-ray. PS2 can, though. I know from experience with all three consoles and their games. I don't know about PS4.
Interesting.  I have empirical evidence that disagrees, considering I just popped Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure into my PS3 to test this (in case I was going completely crazy, which is not beyond the realm of possibility).  Wiki also says this is true of all models in the system specs sidebar, so it's probably not the fact that I have a late model (which, if I recall, were actually cut down from the original launch models to save on costs); I'd have gone to Sony's website, but that thing is a metric pain to navigate. 

But yes, I did it mostly for the extrapolation joke. :P
Are you sure its not a different device? Yours appears to have backwards compatibility. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163939 on: October 19, 2015, 12:40:27 pm »

Legend says that the very first PS3s had full backwards compatibility, a feature which is absent on devices produced later. I for one had a friend who actualy did ran some of his old PS1 games on his PS3.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:42:57 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #163940 on: October 19, 2015, 12:43:16 pm »

Are you sure its not a different device? Yours appears to have backwards compatibility. :P
If it does, it's incomplete; for all that it handles PS1 games, mine does not play PS2 games due to being a later-model Slim.  As I noted, though, apparently all models should be able to play PS1 games from disc, so it is interesting to find some that do not. 

EDIT: Ach, their official site is still a pain, but I managed to find this on the official Sony website.  If you're curious about model specifics for PS2 compatibility, that is.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:48:33 pm by Culise »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163941 on: October 19, 2015, 12:51:08 pm »

If you're REALLY wanting to play ps1 and ps2 games on your PS3, its supposedly possible to install linux on it, then run an emulator on that OS, but its probably a massive pain in the ass to do so and its something I've never done myself :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #163942 on: October 19, 2015, 12:54:36 pm »

Legend says that the very first PS3s had full backwards compatibility, a feature which is absent on devices produced later.
This would make sense, since I got my piece for Christmas only two years before the PS4 was released. I just opted to keep my PS2 to play my older games.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163943 on: October 19, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »

It's funny y'all are talking about this, since I just bought a PS4 :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163944 on: October 19, 2015, 01:20:56 pm »

If you're REALLY wanting to play ps1 and ps2 games on your PS3, its supposedly possible to install linux on it, then run an emulator on that OS, but its probably a massive pain in the ass to do so and its something I've never done myself :v
They killed that along with the backwards compatibilty because some hacker embarrased them or something. Lots of complaints ensued.

Edit: For what, descan? Theres not much on the ps4 I've heard of thats not a f2p game or kinda eh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163945 on: October 19, 2015, 01:41:44 pm »

Legend says that the very first PS3s had full backwards compatibility, a feature which is absent on devices produced later. I for one had a friend who actualy did ran some of his old PS1 games on his PS3.
I have one of these. It is not one of the one's with wifi capability but being able to play any of the playstation(1,2,&3) games in my house is totally worth it.

This would make sense, since I got my piece for Christmas only two years before the PS4 was released. I just opted to keep my PS2 to play my older games.
You are missing out on dem virtual memory cards bruh. But I suppose if you already have multiple it isn't as big a deal.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163946 on: October 19, 2015, 01:54:14 pm »

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 + 3, one is exclusive and the others are better than my computer can run.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163947 on: October 19, 2015, 02:34:18 pm »

I need to either hope and pray my computer can run some of the games I want to get, get a next-gen, or both.
Or get a new computer.
BLAAHHHH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #163948 on: October 19, 2015, 02:41:05 pm »

I need to either hope and pray my computer can run some of the games I want to get, get a next-gen, or both.
Or get a new computer.
BLAAHHHH
i dont need to do any of those because im too busy trying to get all the last gen games and consoles i want
At any rate, there is a reason I kept my PS2 when I bought a PS3.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163949 on: October 19, 2015, 02:45:05 pm »

Mine PS2 broke, I'm fairly certain, right around the time I got my PS3.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10928 10929 [10930] 10931 10932 ... 13325