Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10924 10925 [10926] 10927 10928 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797909 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163875 on: October 17, 2015, 06:39:53 pm »

There is a species of jellyfish that is capable of reverting to its baby state, basically staving off aging forever.

Lobster don't age at all IIRC.
That's the one I was thinking of.
Man there is a lot of weird shit about animals.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163876 on: October 17, 2015, 06:40:59 pm »

And here we are shedding heat and junk code and getting all old like its christmas
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163877 on: October 17, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »

We don't actualy know the max age of lobsters. Its just that they tend to die by becoming a tasty snack to either us or other critters. All we know is that they never stop growing and that they have really really long lifespans. Lobsters do eventualy die on their own, buts its not exactly because of aging, well, at least not in the same way as we die of old age. Its related to some sickness or infection they end up getting as they get bigger and bigger, or just being unable to molt anymore since their shell eventualy becomes fuckhuge. They don't even slow down or get weaker as they age, in fact they get stronger and even more fertile.

Hydras are the things that grow up, reach adult stage, then eventualy revert to baby stage, making them effectively immortal.

Some tiny species of jellyfish apparently kind of regenerates after having sex, as in they actualy replace their old cells for brand new ones. This means that as long as they get some jellyfish booty, they can live on forever.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:59:17 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #163878 on: October 17, 2015, 07:27:53 pm »

So you're saying that immortality could become an STD?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #163879 on: October 17, 2015, 07:34:08 pm »

I can believe it. Have you ever looked up how Jellyfish reproduce? It's freaky!

They start off as polyps that grow like plants on the seafloor, and under certain conditions those polyps will actually start moving and walk across the ocean floor, leaving behind bits of themselves embedded in the rock that grow into more polyps. And then once the polyps mature, they split into a bunch of tiny discs and each of those discs turn into a jellyfish!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:36:30 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163880 on: October 17, 2015, 07:35:39 pm »

... isn't that basically the majority of modern takes on vampirism?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #163881 on: October 17, 2015, 07:38:36 pm »

... isn't that basically the majority of modern takes on vampirism?
With fewer bloodsucking parasites.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #163882 on: October 17, 2015, 07:48:13 pm »

aaa going a bit off the current beaten path again

So, tonight, after having watched an Asterix cartoon (god i love those, makes for a Happy all on its own), my dear brother made an astoundingly astute observation about me. Mind you, this guy typically fails to consider what others might be thinking a two digit number of times per day (i.e. repeatedly causing a semi-loud noise until someone verbally takes notice), though this is probably more out of absentmindedness than anything else. But anyways, after having watched this cartoon, we're both in the kitchen, and then he begins one of his usual "you know what you should?" things, which typically end in something like "play <video game title>" or some other inane thing, but this time, he said:

"Do voice acting."

As it so happens, i've actually thought a lot about that. I have no idea how to get started, and my anxiety wants to be a massive stopping block to it, but... I don't know if it was just another completely random thing from his brainspace, but this one actually struck home. Very unusual when considering our normal conversations. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163883 on: October 17, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »

... pick up some books/online info regarding voice training? Public speaking texts, etc., etc. Start practicing, keep practicing, eventually try getting samples out online (build your portfolio), further on consider aiming for actual lessons -- there's university classes and whatnot, which you may would want to contact regardless just to see if they have advice for getting into the industry. Any acting-related bits in your area could fulfill a similar purpose, and there'd almost certainly be several nearby. Do volunteer bits for indie/freeware projects (games, animation, etc.). Build up some experience, some name recognition, then start working your way into the industry proper. It's really about the same as any art-related industry.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163884 on: October 17, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

And here we are shedding heat and junk code and getting all old like its christmas our birthdays
FTFY.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #163885 on: October 17, 2015, 08:18:35 pm »

... pick up some books/online info regarding voice training? Public speaking texts, etc., etc. Start practicing, keep practicing, eventually try getting samples out online (build your portfolio), further on consider aiming for actual lessons -- there's university classes and whatnot, which you may would want to contact regardless just to see if they have advice for getting into the industry. Any acting-related bits in your area could fulfill a similar purpose, and there'd almost certainly be several nearby. Do volunteer bits for indie/freeware projects (games, animation, etc.). Build up some experience, some name recognition, then start working your way into the industry proper. It's really about the same as any art-related industry.
So in other words, a daunting task. Not impossible, though, so thanks very much! I am, unfortunately, basically completely green besides habitually saying some things in a silly manner for comedic effect (imagine Genie, except as a socially incompetent and anxious human with less talent and a worse voice), so the prospect of being terrible at another thing is kind of scary. It is definitely a thing for me to consider, though, especially in these days where i'm basically just drifting from day to day with no particular goal, trying to find a direction in life. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163886 on: October 17, 2015, 11:22:25 pm »

* Sirus flails happily

We finally got around to actually celebrating my birthday today. Went out to lunch, enjoyed great food and 1-and-a-half alcoholic drinks (a record!). Came home, scored three great gifts: the next book in an ongoing sci-fi series that I've been meaning to continue, a box of Blood Angels Death Company marines, and an awesome
awesome
AWESOME
hard-cover copy of H.P. Lovecraft's collected works of fiction. And later in the evening we all went out for frozen yogurt.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163887 on: October 17, 2015, 11:24:34 pm »

oh my god is that the giant black one with gold filigree? My girlfriend was telling me there's a copy at the bookstore she works at. I'm so jealous.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163888 on: October 17, 2015, 11:28:03 pm »

Nope (although I do have The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide in that style). This one is primarily blue and black, with ridges in the binding and a trippy holographic image of...stars? nebula?...on the front cover, while the pages have silver edges.

No joke, when I saw the word "Lovecraft" on the cover I almost thought it was the Necronomicon or something :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #163889 on: October 18, 2015, 01:52:16 am »

Kept seeing occasional retweets from a neat twitter account that posts interesting, context-free images: https://twitter.com/archillect

oh my god is that the giant black one with gold filigree? My girlfriend was telling me there's a copy at the bookstore she works at. I'm so jealous.
Because Lovecraft is so old, you can actually pick those up pretty cheap. Picked up one of those myself awhile back for about $20 or $30 at Barnes & Noble; though my edition had silver lined pages, rather than the gold from that image. Also has one of those little built in bookmark thingys; pretty nice book, certainly fits the mood much better than a project gutenburg web page.
Pages: 1 ... 10924 10925 [10926] 10927 10928 ... 13325