Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10911 10912 [10913] 10914 10915 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791701 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163680 on: October 09, 2015, 09:03:58 pm »

Guys, can you cut down on the shitposting?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163681 on: October 09, 2015, 09:05:39 pm »

Is this Bay12?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163682 on: October 09, 2015, 09:06:30 pm »

It took me so long to find the "roguelike" to "roguelite" that I responded by fixing the "its" to "it's".

Is this Bay12's Lower Boards?
FTFY
sorry taw
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #163683 on: October 09, 2015, 09:11:49 pm »

I'm not sure whether it's a happy or a rage, but only one of those threads exists so my choice is made for me. I just realized that I spent all night yesterday agonizing over getting a program to do the wrong thing and still hadn't managed to get it to do it properly, and when I realized what the right thing was, getting it to do that properly took about 10 minutes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163684 on: October 09, 2015, 10:20:56 pm »

Can confirm, is difficult to get program to do something very naughty...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #163685 on: October 09, 2015, 10:30:53 pm »

I have imported Dutch tea. It is the best tea I've ever had. So delicious. Also really expensive. I might miss out on some food but at least I have tea.

I spent all night yesterday agonizing over getting a program to do the wrong
I do this all the time, mostly because I'm bad at planning ahead (see above).

Guys, can you shitpost in the shade?
THIS IS BAY12!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #163686 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:09 pm »

Is this Bay12?
I'm happy people realize that even if this is B12--that doesn't make an excuse to spend needless posts without context. :-\
In good humor, at the right time = ok.
...Excusing this all 'because its B12' seriously is pretty shallow. :(

Last week...
Watched Heneral Luna (without student discount due to doing it with family) and it was awesome. Significant and very accurate :D [And totally worth it].
Completed that Critique paper that my friend had. ^ ^ . . . Then we realized a day before the submission that the due date is moved to this week, so hooray pre-finished works!
And basically the enjoyment of friends. Hooray you people for the happies :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:03:26 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #163687 on: October 10, 2015, 02:42:23 am »

Travel 100 minutes to get my blood drawn (two tubes for various tests) and 100 minutes back. Glad that's over with.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #163688 on: October 10, 2015, 03:02:35 am »

Ahh, old IndustrialCraft, how much fun we had before you turned into that weird abomination filled with 10-step techniques to make a Generator, and I still remember you well, old Equivalent Exchange, I knew how unbalanced you were, but you helped me save so much time and busywork that would have been spent chopping trees, or farming, and how sad I was to see them gone in future modpacks of the Technic Persuasion.
BUT NOT ANYMORE, ONCE I SAW TEKKIT: LEGENDS, which gave me ol' IndustrialCraft Classic and ProjectE back once again, upon which I promptly found the crafting process for Biofuel and how to use it in generators, and set upon making three different machines, wired it up with pipes and engines, made some biofuel, found it didn't work, then was forced to rework the system to fit another machine into it just so I could use an incredibly resource intensive and energy inefficient method for generating energy, found out it wasted far too much tin to work, then made plans to use ProjectE in it.

Ahhh IC, it's like you never left.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163689 on: October 10, 2015, 03:33:27 am »

Do you happen to know a good Techniq or Feed The Beast pack with Thaumcraft 2?  I itch for the horribly dangerous taint system, along with buildcraft pipes and hopefully classic IC2.
Because yeah, all these plates and things are kinda annoying.  And I haven't bothered to figure out how power works now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #163690 on: October 10, 2015, 03:40:12 am »

Do you happen to know a good Techniq or Feed The Beast pack with Thaumcraft 2?  I itch for the horribly dangerous taint system, along with buildcraft pipes and hopefully classic IC2.
Because yeah, all these plates and things are kinda annoying.  And I haven't bothered to figure out how power works now.
See, the problem is, IC2 has a ton of busywork, and I mean a ton, just off the top of my head, you need to make a hammer and some iron, use hammer on iron to make it into plates, then those into iron strips, etc. etc.
Though I am pretty certain TestPackPleaseIgnore (Actual name, it's on the Technic launcher) has the mods you need, though, it has dozens of the bastards, and actually has tweaked a bunch of stuff to make it a better experience, but by virtue of just how much stuff it has over Vanilla it requires a lot of RAM to even work.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #163691 on: October 10, 2015, 03:45:03 am »

Okay, Pacifist rerun complete. Doesn't actually make up for the almost-complete Genocide one*, but. My conscience is still feeling a bit better? And it turns out Undertale's no worse at getting tears the second time than the first, which somehow makes it even more impressive. I really like this game >__________>

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163692 on: October 10, 2015, 03:50:55 am »

Make your own modpack, that's what I did for magic mods because I literally couldn't find a magic modpack that wasn't shit. (the best one i got had an "easter egg" that spawned isaac. from the binding of isaac. IT WASNT EVEN AN EASTER EGG EVERY THIRD SKELETON WOULD BE THAT. IT ALSO HAD WEEPING ANGELS. WHY)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163693 on: October 10, 2015, 12:11:30 pm »

Just had the best breakfast in recent memory. It was SO GOOD. I want to go back in time so I can eat it again.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #163694 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:21 pm »

I just went and saw "The Martian". That was fun.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 10911 10912 [10913] 10914 10915 ... 13325