Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10855 10856 [10857] 10858 10859 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783662 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #162840 on: September 18, 2015, 11:38:42 am »

Please no quoting, for the usual, fairly obvious reasons:

Kind of an oddball question.

Friend introduced me to another friend. She is awesome and we hang out together with me in cute clothes. There are platonic snuggles and TV/movies. Her fiancee is an engineer and she says he is ok with everything she has told him about: the dresses, the cuddles, the TV watching. We'd all like he and I to meet.

Those of you who know me, know that I've had bad experiences with this in the past, but I believe this guy might actually be different/nice. Simply, my female friends (I'm super gay, etc) inevitably find some guy to be their boyfriend and later husband. For years, many have not liked teh gay (me). Oddly enough, some of the more progressive people have actually been changing their views in a fairly improved way towards the whole GLBT community. That said, there's still a backlash and resistance out there and I'm still very careful. Before all this, once bitten, twice shy. Bitten several times, scarred and paranoid....

When I meet him, he'll probably just be coming home from his engineering job for dinner and his wife and I cook for him. I've actually been sorta helping her out in the kitchen a bit in the past few weeks, and most of the time, I've been in a neat dress (with an apron over it, because who wants food stains). I'm thinking when I meet him the first time, maybe I'll be dressed as a boy...? Basically I just feel vulnerable with how I really am out there, especially around anyone I don't trust or ... don't know.

I believe he might actually be a nice person. Meeting him might be nice, but I'm scared.

Constructive ideas and suggestion?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162841 on: September 18, 2015, 11:48:21 am »

The thread title reminded me of this...

Now to go back to ignoring GD.
that's cuz that's what it's referencing
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162842 on: September 18, 2015, 01:15:46 pm »

Got a interview for job in quite an important company next monday, in which they'll also do a technical knowledge test on tax law and related procedures. I'm revising pretty much all I know (and updating my knowledge on newer stuff) about taxation and national tax law and related administrative proceedures today and during the whole weekend.

I'm kinda nervous, but its a really nice opportunity and it'll be great if I get it :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #162843 on: September 18, 2015, 03:06:01 pm »

Snuggling with sister's guinea pig. He seems to be enjoying himself, and so am I.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #162845 on: September 18, 2015, 04:09:20 pm »

spoon hype get

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #162846 on: September 18, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »

So I was in a somewhat crappy mood tonight. Number of reasons, none big but combined they kinda killed my funk. So I went to get some food for dinner, nothing really special, some canned beans, bread and a beer to keep it going. But something happened at the store. Not sure why or when but I smiled, a number of small details and events caught my eye there, each nothing major on its own, but again, each deserving a smile. Like the old man who suprised me with fluent english when he started talking to some spanish teens who were buying bread. Or the two boys swinging madly around the separating rails at the check-out. And each of those smiles came easy and sticked on my face.
And as I was walking home I kept smiling, not really sure why, and it felt great, for the first time in what feels like months, I was smiling for no particular reason and it felt great. It's still kinda going, over three hours later, I'm not smiling, but my insides are, I feel good, not rotten. I just hope it lasts more than an evening.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #162847 on: September 18, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

So I was in a somewhat crappy mood tonight. Number of reasons, none big but combined they kinda killed my funk. So I went to get some food for dinner, nothing really special, some canned beans, bread and a beer to keep it going. But something happened at the store. Not sure why or when but I smiled, a number of small details and events caught my eye there, each nothing major on its own, but again, each deserving a smile. Like the old man who suprised me with fluent english when he started talking to some spanish teens who were buying bread. Or the two boys swinging madly around the separating rails at the check-out. And each of those smiles came easy and sticked on my face.
And as I was walking home I kept smiling, not really sure why, and it felt great, for the first time in what feels like months, I was smiling for no particular reason and it felt great. It's still kinda going, over three hours later, I'm not smiling, but my insides are, I feel good, not rotten. I just hope it lasts more than an evening.
Moon beams and citrus fruits is my guess

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #162848 on: September 18, 2015, 04:53:39 pm »

Starcraft 2 is fuuuuuuun. Reinstalled the game, got Heart of the Swarm expansion for 50% off, $10, been playing zerg campaign all day.

Fun break from college.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #162849 on: September 18, 2015, 04:57:56 pm »

Best of luck. I certainly know it's crazy out there. Review some GAAP and IRSC, but you knew that. Knock 'em dead.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162850 on: September 18, 2015, 04:58:26 pm »

I had sour cream and bacon chips. Deeelish.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162851 on: September 18, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »

For some reason, I thought that was sour cream and potato chips, only instead of potato, it's potato chip-sized/shaped pieces of bacon.

...I've had a very long day, okay?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #162852 on: September 18, 2015, 05:05:01 pm »

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is awesome. Only complaint is grinding for healing items.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162853 on: September 18, 2015, 05:07:36 pm »

Starcraft 2 is fuuuuuuun. Reinstalled the game, got Heart of the Swarm expansion for 50% off, $10, been playing zerg campaign all day.
Don't forget it does have some pretty interesting custom games, even if blizz's handling of 'em did some damage to the creation scene. Might want to give 'em a gander, heh.

... though you don't have to pay to play those, nowadays, iirc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162854 on: September 18, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

For some reason, I thought that was sour cream and potato chips, only instead of potato, it's potato chip-sized/shaped pieces of bacon.

...I've had a very long day, okay?

Mmm, jerky.
On vacation my mom introduced me to fish jerky.  It was heavily spiced and tasted delicious on the trail.  Apparently it was smelly, but that's something I don't have to worry about (:

Sour cream and onion potato chips are good too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10855 10856 [10857] 10858 10859 ... 13325