Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10841 10842 [10843] 10844 10845 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791612 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162630 on: September 13, 2015, 12:10:54 am »

If you're like me and my bro, you took the rules of the game and made new cards out of basic paper and played with those too.

Fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162631 on: September 13, 2015, 01:39:26 am »

If you're like me and my bro, you took the rules of the game and made new cards out of basic paper and played with those too.

Fun.
Heh. A friend and I did that as kids too.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162632 on: September 13, 2015, 02:59:56 am »

There was a phase I went through as a kid (probably when all the cool kids were playing the Pokemon TCG) where I would make these cruddy 'trading cards' on pieces of paper. There was no real 'game' involved, I just sorta drew characters, gave them names, a bunch of hitpoints and some cool-sounding attacks, and that was it.

I think I coerced someone- maybe my brother- into "playing" the game with me, but when they pointed out how pointless the game was and how there was no real skill, luck or strategy involved, I saw their point and lost interest in the whole thing. :P

I guess actually designing a TCG seemed like too much hard work, especially considering I'd never actually played one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162633 on: September 13, 2015, 03:17:24 am »

There are knockoff yugioh cards?
Indeed. Let's look at one of them.

Name: Darkly Big Rabbi
[Warrior Race/Effect]
Description: When the beelzebub, seal was been untied, any enemy will been destroying at minute.
ATK/INFINITY
DEF/INFINITY

It has a picture of Exodia and not even the right one. :P

Unfortunately, it seems my favourite card (Sword Hunter) was a knockoff all along. :(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162634 on: September 13, 2015, 03:25:52 am »

I listened to the Splatoon OST. It's great!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #162635 on: September 13, 2015, 04:45:15 am »

There was a phase I went through as a kid (probably when all the cool kids were playing the Pokemon TCG) where I would make these cruddy 'trading cards' on pieces of paper. There was no real 'game' involved, I just sorta drew characters, gave them names, a bunch of hitpoints and some cool-sounding attacks, and that was it.
Crap, I remember doing that. It was unbelievably dumb, but I had fun doing it, so vov.

I listened to the Splatoon OST. It's great!
YOU'RE A KID NOW YOU'RE A SQUID NOW
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #162636 on: September 13, 2015, 06:02:31 am »

Every time you make trading cards, there's always that kid who make gimmick cards like "The Doppelgänger" which copy your enemy's card or whatever, and you just know they sincerely think that is the most ingenious thing ever in the history of trading cards.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162637 on: September 13, 2015, 06:35:20 am »

new thing for American colleges. may be useful and a step in the right direction at least.

https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/

Okay, I looked up the misandrist fucktards I used to work for. They have an annual cost about 1/3 the national average(not surprising, it's a community college), a graduation rate of 27%(slightly more than half - the national average being surprising), and an estimated post-attendance salary of slightly more than the the national average. Which is $36k.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #162638 on: September 13, 2015, 08:02:09 am »

I gave XCOM: Enemy Unknown another try, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game gets much better once the tutorials end. You still get far too much nagging from Dr. Vahlen, but at least I'm finally having fun about an hour and a half into the game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162639 on: September 13, 2015, 09:52:10 am »

Glad you're enjoying it.
Because it's probably my favorite remake of all time.

Every time you make trading cards, there's always that kid who make gimmick cards like "The Doppelgänger" which copy your enemy's card or whatever, and you just know they sincerely think that is the most ingenious thing ever in the history of trading cards.
Was this kid.
No regrets.

Happy:
Quote from: All Guardsman Party
He wasn't one of the sneering, bureaucratic officers though, he firmly believed he was "just one of the lads" and liked to "get stuck in with the rest of the boys".
To top this all off he actually embraced the moniker Rupert, the insulting guardsman term for a nobby officer, and insisted we call him by it. We would have called him that anyways, he was a complete bloody Rupert, but it just wasn't the same if he liked the name.
Makes me wish there was one of these in the Discworld novels, to offset the Rusts.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:03:58 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #162640 on: September 13, 2015, 10:16:20 am »

Happy:
Quote from: All Guardsman Party
He wasn't one of the sneering, bureaucratic officers though, he firmly believed he was "just one of the lads" and liked to "get stuck in with the rest of the boys".
To top this all off he actually embraced the moniker Rupert, the insulting guardsman term for a nobby officer, and insisted we call him by it. We would have called him that anyways, he was a complete bloody Rupert, but it just wasn't the same if he liked the name.
Makes me wish there was one of these in the Discworld novels, to offset the Rusts.
There WAS. Almost word for word, aside from hidden depths which come into play in some places. Lieutenant Blouse, from Monstrous Regiment.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #162641 on: September 13, 2015, 10:17:24 am »

All Guardsmen Party is basically just Ankh-Morpork City Watch, except in the WH40K universe, and I am 100% okay with that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162642 on: September 13, 2015, 10:28:51 am »

Yeah I can see how the character of Nubby might be borrowing slightly from Nobby Nobbs.

Lieutenant Blouse, from Monstrous Regiment.
Oh dang. Haven't read that one in a long time.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162643 on: September 13, 2015, 10:30:13 am »

It even sort of traces the development away from an incompetent, under-funded, and under-motivated squad to a fairly efficient and effective organization.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162644 on: September 13, 2015, 10:37:17 am »

Yeah I can see how the character of Nubby might be borrowing slightly from Nobby Nobbs.

Lieutenant Blouse, from Monstrous Regiment.
Oh dang. Haven't read that one in a long time.

I think it's somewhat appropriate for Nubby's character to have been mostly lifted from somewhere else.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 10841 10842 [10843] 10844 10845 ... 13325