Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10839 10840 [10841] 10842 10843 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790827 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162600 on: September 11, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »

I ship out to BMT on Tuesday. I have been waiting for this date for quite a long time, and am just happy that the wait is over and done with. People continually ask if I'm nervous about joining the military. I lost all my nervousness long ago, and now am just annoyed with the fact that a solid 80% of my conversations end up being about the military. It's going to be a big change in lifestyle from essentially being a NEET to being a service member, but I am sure that the benefits that I will gain from this far outweigh any reservations I still have. The fact that I'm pretty patriotic probably helps that out a bit too. It'll be a good change for me, and I just want it to begin already. I just want to go away from where I am at this moment, and start with something new. Something that has more hope on the horizon than despair.
Good luck and don't die.
Keep us posted.
Ha ha bad pun.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162601 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:26 pm »

Yeah, good luck. Keep yourself healthy and sane, and don't forget to use what resources you'll have available to make sure you're equipped for life after discharge. Lotta' soldiers find it's not the military life that ends up being the major problem, it's what comes after, so keep an eye on that. It's something you'll need to stay on top of, as much or even more than the military life itself.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #162602 on: September 11, 2015, 09:38:41 pm »

I ship out to BMT on Tuesday. I have been waiting for this date for quite a long time, and am just happy that the wait is over and done with. People continually ask if I'm nervous about joining the military. I lost all my nervousness long ago, and now am just annoyed with the fact that a solid 80% of my conversations end up being about the military. It's going to be a big change in lifestyle from essentially being a NEET to being a service member, but I am sure that the benefits that I will gain from this far outweigh any reservations I still have. The fact that I'm pretty patriotic probably helps that out a bit too. It'll be a good change for me, and I just want it to begin already. I just want to go away from where I am at this moment, and start with something new. Something that has more hope on the horizon than despair.

Good luck, and stay safe!

NEET to service member, all it needs is a training montage and it'd be a movie.

Fakedit: To follow up Frumple, keep a plan in mind. That's about all I've got.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162603 on: September 12, 2015, 02:35:40 am »

I'll be honest: when I saw the new thread title, the first thing that came to mind wasn't woofgrills.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162604 on: September 12, 2015, 03:21:48 am »

Watched the 2011 doctor who christmas special which I somehow missed. Loved the first half hour, which was full of awesome things, and lacked any real conflict, which was actually pretty awesome.
I am also kind of sad that the show is full on moster of the week. Some episodes where he and his companions just explore things and meet normal people in amazing places across the time and space without any monsters or threats would be awesome.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #162605 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:21 am »

Looks like Corbyn got 59.5% of all first preferences in the Labor leadership election. I'm not even British but it still makes me happy :D
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #162606 on: September 12, 2015, 05:49:03 am »

Looks like Corbyn got 59.5% of all first preferences in the Labor leadership election. I'm not even British but it still makes me happy :D
For what reason

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #162607 on: September 12, 2015, 05:51:16 am »

For what reason
He's a leftist, I'm a leftist, it proves that leftists can win even in the face of neoliberalism.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162608 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:50 am »

He's winning the party leadership, not an election. I wouldn't get excited until that starts to appear plausible.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #162609 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:04 am »

Steam just released a free chess game.

Sad:  I have no fucking idea how to play chess.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162610 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:27 am »

Here you go. Just playing is bloody easy, the ruleset is far from complicated. Playing well, on the other hand...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #162611 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:08 am »

Here you go. Just playing is bloody easy, the ruleset is far from complicated. Playing well, on the other hand...

It's like the opposite of DF. It's easy to pick up, but naturally gets more difficult (rather than being hard to pick up and increasingly getting easier without megaprojects).

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #162612 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:53 am »

Playing well, on the other hand...
Requires base memorization of a bunch of boring bullshit.

I personally don't play well because my priorities tend to be skewed. Most people try and get checkmate, BFEL tries to kill entire enemy team with least casualties :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #162613 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:22 am »

Which if you protect your own king, can lead to checkmate. You can't really win when you just got your king and 2 pawns while the opponent has a 2 rooks, a bishop, and their queen.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162614 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:23 am »

Standard Chess should be more like Archon.
Pages: 1 ... 10839 10840 [10841] 10842 10843 ... 13325