Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10809 10810 [10811] 10812 10813 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777330 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #162150 on: September 02, 2015, 11:50:49 pm »

Sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying. Bravery has nothing to do with it.
Not sure if I'd call it fucking terrifying, but it's certainly zero sorts of pleasant. @C, please don't induce suffering on yourself as some sort of silly benchmark of suffering exposure sort of nonsense. No real benefit from experiencing sleep paralysis. Is just undergoing unpleasantness you can't do anything about.

Ain't no shame in freaking the hell out a bit if you experience it, though. Or being scared of it or whatev'. None at all. M'just glad my experiences with it have been few and short, heh. Ruddy unpleasant, it is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #162151 on: September 02, 2015, 11:51:20 pm »

Is it weird that this made me happy today?

A collection of short comics about sleep paralysis.

I love creepy stuff like this.
My best friend once slept on the floor.  She had a dream where she was in the first person walking through the house, and then approached her own sleeping body.  She lunged at herself, and then woke up with sleep paralysis and couldn't move.  And didn't know what it was at the time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #162152 on: September 02, 2015, 11:53:44 pm »

The PS4 has an amazing controller. I'd get cramps from the overly bent bits of the previous playstation controllers, but this? THIS?

I can play something for DAYS with this if I wanted to.

Also casual reminder, you all should be playing MGSV
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #162153 on: September 02, 2015, 11:57:01 pm »

Sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying. Bravery has nothing to do with it.
Not sure if I'd call it fucking terrifying, but it's certainly zero sorts of pleasant. @C, please don't induce suffering on yourself as some sort of silly benchmark of suffering exposure sort of nonsense. No real benefit from experiencing sleep paralysis. Is just undergoing unpleasantness you can't do anything about.

Ain't no shame in freaking the hell out a bit if you experience it, though. Or being scared of it or whatev'. None at all. M'just glad my experiences with it have been few and short, heh. Ruddy unpleasant, it is.

Never experienced it, myself, which I supposed I can also be happy about.

But I've also never experienced any lucid dream at all, or any especially pleasant dream of any kind ever.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi?!] They poi'd us like a DAMN FIDDLE!!! (Happy thread?! Already a poi.)
« Reply #162154 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:29 am »

Condolences, yeah. A robust and primarily happy dreaming experience has been one of the better parts of m'life to date, heh. Lucid's only been in small bursts and inconsistent (plus I usually don't have much incentive to go lucid -- my dreams trend toward ruddy awesome and usually worth going along for the ride :V), but the rest of it's been some of th'best entertainment I've seen. Dream brain loves me, and I love it :3

But yeah, few cases of the whole paralysis thing, usually after/during snapping myself awake from one of the rare unpleasant dreams. Happily very limited in scope and duration, but nasty stuff even then. Confining in a way that's very difficult to experience through other means.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #162155 on: September 03, 2015, 08:06:21 am »

Fiddle dee fiddle poi.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #162156 on: September 03, 2015, 08:22:04 am »

Oh what a poi, WHAT A LOVELY POI

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162157 on: September 03, 2015, 08:38:54 am »

Is it weird that this made me happy today?

A collection of short comics about sleep paralysis.

I love creepy stuff like this.
This made me want to create an RTD about sleep paralysis. I think I might write something up on Roller's Block. Maybe.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #162158 on: September 03, 2015, 11:43:01 am »

We were divided into alphabetical groups for something on our school and I *just* wasnt in the same group as my crush.
On the other hand, I got a chokotoff because of my *just* being in another group.
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #162159 on: September 03, 2015, 12:10:58 pm »

We were divided into alphabetical groups for something on our school and I *just* wasnt in the same group as my crush.
On the other hand, I got a chokotoff because of my *just* being in another group.
It took me entirely too long to realize that a chokotoff is not a long-lost uncle of Kalashnikov or something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162160 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:31 pm »

The PS4 has an amazing controller. I'd get cramps from the overly bent bits of the previous playstation controllers, but this? THIS?

I can play something for DAYS with this if I wanted to.

Also casual reminder, you all should be playing MGSV
WORDS THAT KILL

WOULD YOU SPEEEEAAK THEM TO MEEEE

This is seriously the best game I've played in several years and I'm only 5% into it. And by several years I mean 21 1/2 years. And MGO isn't even fucking out yet.

Kojima Is God.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #162161 on: September 03, 2015, 12:22:22 pm »

It took me entirely too long to realize that a chokotoff is not a long-lost uncle of Kalashnikov or something.
its a delicious belgian chocolate thing fyi

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #162162 on: September 03, 2015, 12:26:30 pm »

choko -> chocolate
toff -> toffee

Sounds like candy to me.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #162164 on: September 03, 2015, 01:15:59 pm »

I pictured a Native American group, similar to the Choctaw Indians. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 10809 10810 [10811] 10812 10813 ... 13325