Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10798 10799 [10800] 10801 10802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780278 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161985 on: August 28, 2015, 01:09:16 pm »

Ish amazing. I like Baystation, myself. Urist is also great fun.

explains why baystation turned into a total wankerfest lately

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161986 on: August 28, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »

Actually I just did a big PC upgrade.
I should play Dwarf Fortress and throttle it, to try it out.
Honestly been getting my fix from Gnomoria lately. I cast my face downward in shame.

Been meaning to get into SS13
Never actually Found it yet. It a MUD?
Depending on the server you're playing, it's either a multiplayer role-playing (heh) simulation of an insane asylum IN SPACE!, a boring office job IN SPACE! or anything in between. Not a MUD, but now that I think of that, it feels a bit... MUDdy, if lacking a game-mechanical skill system.
Fun fact, BYOND is actually built to support text MUDs (as well as graphical ones, and obviously other games).
Another fun fact, there are technically games besides SS13 on BYOND.  I guess.  Some might be okay, I don't actually know.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161987 on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »

Ish amazing. I like Baystation, myself. Urist is also great fun.

explains why baystation turned into a total wankerfest lately
;3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161988 on: August 28, 2015, 04:33:34 pm »

Honestly been getting my fix from Gnomoria lately. I cast my face downward in shame.

Depending on the server you're playing, it's either a multiplayer role-playing (heh) simulation of an insane asylum IN SPACE!, a boring office job IN SPACE! or anything in between. Not a MUD, but now that I think of that, it feels a bit... MUDdy, if lacking a game-mechanical skill system.
BYOND was originally a MUD maker, and still has datums for this purpose (check out room in the "documentation"). Things like client/North() are also pretty obvious once you know that. As a bonus, take a good look at the quote under the byond download button.

E:
Also, the bomb cap is a thing, yeah. Tg has a machine that tells you how big your bomb could have been.

Anyway, the why of the bomb cap can be traced back to the king of the Rhumba Beat, Cuban Pete. When he shakes his mascaras, the station goes chiky chiky BOOM.

E2: anyway, tgstation is best.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:39:07 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #161989 on: August 28, 2015, 05:05:55 pm »

serber war now
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161990 on: August 28, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »

There is no war when one side has already won :^]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #161991 on: August 28, 2015, 05:45:54 pm »

There is no war when one side has already won :^]
Indeed.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161992 on: August 28, 2015, 06:55:58 pm »

It's just like my Chinese cartoons warlords

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161993 on: August 28, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »

And also Urist McStation (which uses a fork of the tgstation code).

Wait, didn't we go over to BS12 code sometime after I left? If we went back to /tg/ code, I might have to start playing again, damn. 'Course I also heard that we're two engines away from the singularity generator now, so I'll never be able to panic-setup engineering with a stolen ID when nobody picks Engineer on empty rounds. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161994 on: August 28, 2015, 07:58:11 pm »

I got a new computer, its quite sexy. No longer do I play just about every game on its lowest graphics! Far greater graphics I do enjoy!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161995 on: August 28, 2015, 08:17:32 pm »

I gotta get back to playing some SS13 again. I miss doing my usual antics; like obliterating a bomb testing range while cracking a portion of atmos with an experimental bomb (last time I did that, only the frame of the testing range remained, and half of atmos was missing; even my safety shield barely protected me (results were: 7,15,30 iirc; the safety windows shattered, and I was knocked down). That was no traitor, just me doing ‼SCIENCE‼), or teaming up with virology to get some blood for my blood-nades (with special properties) to set off in the church, super-lubing the halls and watching the crew slip 'n' slide into the cafeteria and bowling with other crew members, donning a chicken suit, and infesting escape with a flock of chickens and doing a chicken dance, playing roulette with space drugs and mindbreaker toxin... The list goes on.

EDIT:
I tried stepping up the bomb by enlarging the process with the large tanks and the mixing station (same process as making a normal bomb, except much larger equipment and amounts), but unfortunately, it didn't work as expected (wasn't coded in, I guess), and it was a bust. I wasn't able to magnify the explosion enough to rival a nuke. Instead, I got a hot mixture of CO2 and plasma (which I processed to ragequit the process by letting the container loose in a room and melt it down).
On Urist, you can be extra-evil with your bomb-terrorist antics now - we have Smuggler Satchels, which can be hidden under the floor tiles... and I believe can fit a TTV bomb inside them. They are also very, very cheap. Do the math :D

On the server I play on, stealth storages can hold normal-sized items while being small sized items that can fit in a pocket or box. And they only cost one telecrystal. The last round I played, I disguised some stealth storages as breath masks, put bombs in them and then sleepypenned random people and put the stealth storages in their internals boxes. Then I let them go, which confused the hell out of them, and then detonated the bombs 5-10 minutes later.

Yeah, basically. Baystation is heavy RP, UristMcstation is medium[And unfortunately isn't terribly active], TGstation... I don't know as much about TGstation, but I think its at the lower RP end of things. And then there's Goonstation, which has no RP at all and ranges from douchebag pubbies wrecking things for shits and giggles to people doing neat gimmicks with the numerous in-game systems.

And SS:13 is one of the few games that makes boring repetitive jobs FUN. Like, if I grow the perfect medicinal plants for medbay or make a system that intercepts everyone's PDA messages and sends them to the clown or completely rebuild the cafeteria after it gets bombed, its fun. Or even just mopping stuff so everything is sparkly clean and incredibly slippery feels rewarding.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #161996 on: August 28, 2015, 08:22:07 pm »

I bought Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition... and had no fun whatsoever. I then traded it in for Shadow of Mordor: Game of the Year edition, which I am having significantly more fun with.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161997 on: August 28, 2015, 08:32:08 pm »

You made a good decision, Twinwolf. A very good one.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161998 on: August 28, 2015, 08:53:20 pm »

A particularly good one, in fact.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #161999 on: August 28, 2015, 09:02:59 pm »

I got a new computer, its quite sexy. No longer do I play just about every game on its lowest graphics! Far greater graphics I do enjoy!
I envy your lack of worry. I know graphics aren't my central focus on gaming, but it would feel nice to not be limited to low settings, or even be scared of higher settings because I likely lost my last cards by having the settings too high. On the plus side, classic games (or anything before 2010) can be set to full without worry. So there's that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:04:44 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 10798 10799 [10800] 10801 10802 ... 13325