Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10796 10797 [10798] 10799 10800 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782131 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161955 on: August 27, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »

OS finally installed, everything is running great. Gonna not sleep and instead games.

*Builds super powered rig* *Uses to play Dwarf Fortress*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #161956 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:53 pm »

It's 11:00 at night, I'm home from my last class finally, it is now officially the weekend for me. Survived the first week of the new college semester.

Wooooo. Weekends haven't actually felt this good in a loooong time. I'm actually happy it's the weekend. I used to view it as a brief relief from the tortures of weekday life. Feels weird to see clear evidence of me not being depressed as I was earlier this year.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161957 on: August 27, 2015, 11:00:39 pm »

It's 11:00 at night, I'm home from my last class finally, it is now officially the weekend for me. Survived the first week of the new college semester.

Wooooo. Weekends haven't actually felt this good in a loooong time. I'm actually happy it's the weekend. I used to view it as a brief relief from the tortures of weekday life. Feels weird to see clear evidence of me not being depressed as I was earlier this year.
Congratulations from Friday morning!!!!!!!!
((Wait, do you get a THREE-DAY WEEKEND?  Noice!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #161958 on: August 27, 2015, 11:05:44 pm »

((Wait, do you get a THREE-DAY WEEKEND?  Noice!))
I have no class.

That aside, I also have no classes on Friday morning. And I'm unemployed, soooooo...free day to not leave the house.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161959 on: August 27, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »

In honor of my returning home, I reorganized my room. It's now more compact, the bed is in a fuckin' SWEET spot, and I've still got a nightstand. Who needs sleep, amirite?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161960 on: August 27, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »

Hell yeah, returning-home high-five!
I still need to build my new bed, using a futon in the meantime...  I'm actually more comfortable sleeping at ground level now, out of habit.  Brains are funny that way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #161961 on: August 27, 2015, 11:26:06 pm »

I am so pleased with myself for recovering a file from a series of packets. It contains all their silly emails. No further details will issue forth from me. >________________________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161962 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:10 pm »

Thought about playing Pillars of Eternity.
'pparently it's got all the DnD gamers on a nostalgia high.

OS finally installed, everything is running great. Gonna not sleep and instead games.
You would be surprised.

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #161963 on: August 27, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

Been meaning to play PoE, though I'm kinda currently nostalgia-ing out more directly!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161964 on: August 27, 2015, 11:40:06 pm »

You would be surprised.
Yeaaaah, that was actually a major concern when I got this desktop three years ago.  I wanted high individual CPU power instead of going for more cores or something.

(of course I ended up getting dazzled by all the modern games I could suddenly play with more... hrm... ergometric UIs.  Like, QWOP)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #161965 on: August 27, 2015, 11:43:07 pm »

I have been binge-watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, and I have to say:
Wesley Crusher is not as intolerable as modern media (and Wil Wheaton himself) has made him out to be. I find myself enjoying his character immensely. Wesley... and Data, of course.

You would be surprised.
Yeaaaah, that was actually a major concern when I got this desktop three years ago.  I wanted high individual CPU power instead of going for more cores or something.
I dream of the day when I can have a computer that can run DF at a 5000 population, 30 years into a fortress, at 100 FPS. Right now at 200pop I have 7 FPS.
Actually, in the computer I dream about, I have 12 instances of DF at that insanely large population running parallel, three on each core. But that's a near impossibility.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161966 on: August 27, 2015, 11:44:27 pm »

I have been binge-watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, and I have to say:
Wesley Crusher is not as intolerable as modern media (and Wil Wheaton himself) has made him out to be. I find myself enjoying his character immensely. Wesley... and Data, of course.

You would be surprised.
I dream of the day when I can have a computer that can run DF at a 5000 population, 30 years into a fortress, at 100 FPS. Right now at 200pop I have 7 FPS.
Actually, in the computer I dream about, I have 12 instances of DF at that insanely large population running parallel, three on each core. But that's a near impossibility.
Don't all of us?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #161967 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:27 pm »

I've just discovered SS13. I  think this may be the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame, even if all I did was zoom around on my cart mopping up the copious puddles of blood.  :D
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161968 on: August 27, 2015, 11:59:59 pm »

When I played it, I just grow plants or drag crates around as cargo tech!  The most mundane jobs make great vantage for watching more committed players do their exciting things.
My friend generally plays janitor for the same reason, heh.  We also play librarian sometimes, or (if we're feeling particularly robust) engineer.
(Though if I start playing regularly again, I'll inevitably start coding for it again...  and that way lies madness)
She/they

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161969 on: August 28, 2015, 05:10:38 am »

i play janitor and point to signs when people slip. if you're using anything that doesnt leave a slipperly floortile youre doing it wrong

oh and i also code for tgstation but thats lame

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 10796 10797 [10798] 10799 10800 ... 13325