Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10764 10765 [10766] 10767 10768 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770652 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161475 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:09 pm »

Not to be an American, but A-levels, what?
Either way conglaturations!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #161476 on: August 13, 2015, 01:34:07 pm »

Got to primary school for seven years. Go to secondary school for five years. Do GCSEs. Either drop out after, or go on for two further years to do A levels. The first year you sit ASs, the second year A2s. Depending on what you got, either drop out or go on to university.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #161477 on: August 13, 2015, 01:40:11 pm »

I finally (actually) finished replying to all PMs and emails. [...Ok, not yet finished Meph's PM. Or another one. Or one very important friendabuddy email...]
* Tiruin flops on a pillow.
But yay things are done. Things which aren't actually a burden--its just that the other person didn't get a reply and now they have/are going to have one! Same goes for the unfinished ones.

\o/
But that's not all.

Happy: A good friend PM'd me stuff. Talked with him over a few many PMs. He sent a very touching link at the end part and then I cried.
He's a good lad. :O

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #161478 on: August 13, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »

Lots of good emails today, and I went and picked up that tie clip I ordered. I did so back before I knew how much I was going to have to spend on this stupid computer stuff, so I am now desperately impoverished, but it looks good and will serve my needs well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #161479 on: August 13, 2015, 03:08:50 pm »

Yesterday was full of weird computer stuff here too. Apparently Gunner-chan dreamed of circuit boards.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161480 on: August 13, 2015, 03:10:18 pm »

British final exams you do before you go to Uni. How well you do in these exams will determine which Uni you'll be able to go to, if at all, and is also sometimes used in some jobs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161481 on: August 13, 2015, 03:15:47 pm »

British final exams you do before you go to Uni. How well you do in these exams will determine which Uni you'll be able to go to, if at all, and is also sometimes used in some jobs.
Oh, so kind of like the SAT/ACTs, only you take the ones that are relevant to your field of study.  Seems reasonable.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161482 on: August 14, 2015, 12:48:06 am »

I did the tourist thing today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161483 on: August 14, 2015, 01:47:05 am »

I worked less than 12 hours today! \o/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #161484 on: August 14, 2015, 03:29:20 am »

I got the Tiger H1 in War Thunder.

Second game with it, I'm sitting there in diamond position and a T-34 rolls around a corner and shoots me point blank.  It bounces.  He sits there contemplating his recent life choices while I take careful aim and put an 88mm shell through his turret ring, killing him instantly.

I've been in the same position a hundred times or more against low-tier T-34s.  My shells are powered by pure hate.  It's payback time, motherfuckers.
Shoes...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #161485 on: August 14, 2015, 05:33:33 am »

So I discovered Mixamo Fuse. My big barrier to making the vidya gaemz (besides laziness, school and day jobs) has always been the art assets. I can create a satisfactory retro *bit pixelfuck sprite piece of garbage relatively easily, but that's not really what I like to create. So while randomly browsing to see what software Steam's got, I see Fuse. I had played around with MakeHuman before, but the base meshes are ugly, there's zero community around it and the included clothing basically shrink-wraps a texture on top of the character. But if you want anatomically correct Skyrim-style potato people, boy does it have you covered...

Fuse is like MakeHuman on cocaine. It's my new favorite toy. Even the free included stuff will keep me creating for a long, long time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161486 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:46 am »

So I discovered Mixamo Fuse. My big barrier to making the vidya gaemz (besides laziness, school and day jobs) has always been the art assets. I can create a satisfactory retro *bit pixelfuck sprite piece of garbage relatively easily, but that's not really what I like to create. So while randomly browsing to see what software Steam's got, I see Fuse. I had played around with MakeHuman before, but the base meshes are ugly, there's zero community around it and the included clothing basically shrink-wraps a texture on top of the character. But if you want anatomically correct Skyrim-style potato people, boy does it have you covered...

Fuse is like MakeHuman on cocaine. It's my new favorite toy. Even the free included stuff will keep me creating for a long, long time.
*indicates Games You Wish Existed thread and hopes*
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161487 on: August 14, 2015, 09:41:19 am »

Today's Friday!!
I thought for sure yesterday was Friday, and that I missed my chance to go by the DMV :o  Also I have more time to prepare for a big trip next week, and more time to do a few work-related things.

I'm super happy for an unexpected business day.  I have, at last, become an adult.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #161488 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:28 am »

I just got out of a programming competition I thought I'd been unable to finish just over a sixth of, but it turns out that the last question was a bonus question.

This means that assuming I haven't screwed any of it up, I'm within a hair of full completion, and the hair was my program for a problem involving factorisation, primes, and operations on the factors of factors. The hair? My program wasn't optimised well enough to run over ten (or a hundred, not sure) million numbers in the five minutes I had left at the end. I'm suspicious that was a problem with Java, though, since I don't think I had any extraneous maths.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161489 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:52 am »

I just got out of a programming competition I thought I'd been unable to finish just over a sixth of, but it turns out that the last question was a bonus question.

This means that assuming I haven't screwed any of it up, I'm within a hair of full completion, and the hair was my program for a problem involving factorisation, primes, and operations on the factors of factors. The hair? My program wasn't optimised well enough to run over ten (or a hundred, not sure) million numbers in the five minutes I had left at the end. I'm suspicious that was a problem with Java, though, since I don't think I had any extraneous maths.
Whoa.  I could not do that.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 10764 10765 [10766] 10767 10768 ... 13325