Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10738 10739 [10740] 10741 10742 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755311 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161085 on: August 06, 2015, 10:33:56 am »

I don't call it America-bashing, rather preferring the term "Eurojerk" to reflect a) the circlejerky nature of the discussion, and b) the fact that many participants are themselves Americans who often have it good here yet pretend America is shit to get victim points.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161086 on: August 06, 2015, 10:48:24 am »

Eurojerk
Hot

b) the fact that many participants are themselves Americans who often have it good here yet pretend America is shit to get victim points.

+1

I never thought of this, but the more times I try to get my illiterate brain wrapped around that sentence the more I think it's true.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161087 on: August 06, 2015, 10:50:17 am »

The only way to win this is to create more stereotypes about the EU.
Isn't the EU being angry at some big companies because they're american? I remember seeing something like that recently.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161088 on: August 06, 2015, 10:51:33 am »

The only way to win this is to create more stereotypes about the EU.
Isn't the EU being angry at some big companies because they're american? I remember seeing something like that recently.

The more I read about this like this the more I think that the hill-folk rednecks are right about Yuropaens

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #161089 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:35 am »

Actually, considering that 9 out of 10 problems that are actually solvable in the united states are the fault of oversized companies... I think the EU is in the right there at least.

But this isn't exactly the politics thread.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161090 on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:36 am »

New computer is finally here and set up! :))

More importantly, I'm done installing a shell and pulling McAfee out by the roots.

Re: Windows 10:

1. It's better than 8, but the start menu kinda sucks because they're still trying to shoehorn apps in.

2. That overblown hysteria about invasion of privacy? It's literally just that that old set of options about sharing data is ticked on by default and you have to untick them when you install the OS.

3. Overall surprisingly not as shitty as I expected.  No fucking Charms thingy, for one.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #161091 on: August 06, 2015, 11:32:15 am »

Actually, considering that 9 out of 10 problems that are actually solvable in the united states are the fault of oversized companies... I think the EU is in the right there at least.

But this isn't exactly the politics thread.

Wait, the EU as in the population or the governments?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161092 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:23 pm »

Population. Governments still want to bend over for the massively powerful corporations, they just don't have as easy a time of doing it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #161093 on: August 06, 2015, 12:50:26 pm »

So today I woke up super early for some wierd reason, I had breakfast, watched some neat cooking stuff on TV while doing it and then had a cup of coffee because I still lacked about two hours of sleep. Then I went to write my essay but after five minutes gave up and just crashed on the bed and fell asleep. Was expecting to have a shitty headache since all naps during the day give me headaches. Except this time there wasn't one, I actually felt damn good :D

Then after a couple of hours a rainstorm descended upon the city, and while the moisture is crazy high right now the temparature dropped from around 40 degrees to a very comfortable 20-ish.

Also pizza, made some with a bunch of different stuff, was extra cheesy and extra spicy.

All in all, great day so far :D

Hope you guys are having one too.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161094 on: August 06, 2015, 04:17:56 pm »

It's like, capitalism is a symbiotic relationship between the government and the companies.
Except now the companies are bigger than the government. Massive oversized leeches all over your body and face, draining your blood in gallons and you have an inch-thick IV jabbed into your inner thigh pumping chinese blood into you so that you don't die but your eternal hell continues unable to move or do anything because it will jostle the oversized company leeches and they'll drink more blood and everything you do costs blood which inevitably goes into these leeches just filling up and dragging you down to the ground crushing the other leeches under your riddled body as you slowly collapse to the earth and then china goes 'hey we want our blood back'.

Fuck our blood. Buy our leeches.
Problem solved 100%
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161095 on: August 06, 2015, 04:20:30 pm »

Got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, and I have basically no swelling or pain. Still keeping ice against it and taking a painkiller before bed to be sure, but everything went better than expected.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #161096 on: August 06, 2015, 04:36:27 pm »

-snip-
On a happier note, of sorts, scary corporations date back at the very least to the colonial era all the way up the modern era.  You think, I don't know, EA games is bad, what about a corporation that rules an entire subcontinent with an iron, profit focused fist?  And that corporation fell.  Everything changes given time, for better or worse we are not locked in to our current path.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161097 on: August 06, 2015, 04:44:17 pm »

Yeah sure they fall but they just get replaced by someone else who profiteers in the void left behind. It's a cycle that goes on forever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #161098 on: August 06, 2015, 04:51:28 pm »

I'm mostly just trying to wrap my head around the idea that a request for me to stop with the Usa-bashing turned into another session of Usa-bashing.

Also, my keyboard works again! Except for the h key, I need to use Ctrl-V every time I want an h.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161099 on: August 06, 2015, 04:54:21 pm »

Welcome to forums OW
Not just this forum, forums in general.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10738 10739 [10740] 10741 10742 ... 13325