Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10706 10707 [10708] 10709 10710 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768291 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160605 on: July 23, 2015, 10:19:53 pm »

Spoiler: Cakeday Tribute (click to show/hide)
It's like one of those animes.

Dinner with friends was very good, and it was actually my first time having ramen, which was fun. We also wandered around for a bit and got like candy and stuff and was really great.

Also I think I may be like getting feelings or something for very cute guy friend and just hnnnng
Good Sir, I Must Advise Thee to Apply Thine Hand to His Buttocks.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:25:47 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160606 on: July 23, 2015, 10:25:08 pm »

oops
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160607 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:42 pm »

I MADE SOUFFLÉ OMELETTES

WITH BAKED BEANS

THEY COLLAPSED

oops
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #160608 on: July 23, 2015, 10:56:38 pm »

and there it is thank you cinder

although im not sure if its like an actual crush or just WOW THIS CUTE HUMAN HAS MADE WORDS AT ME AND IS NICE AND FUN or w/e but idk im gonna wait and see

and if not well then
oops

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160609 on: July 23, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »

and there it is thank you cinder

although im not sure if its like an actual crush or just WOW THIS CUTE HUMAN HAS MADE WORDS AT ME AND IS NICE AND FUN or w/e but idk im gonna wait and see

and if not well then
oops

That's pretty much what a crush is, especially at your age.  :P

Positive human contact feels good even if you're a grumpy social recluse, and it's super-effective on teenagers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160610 on: July 23, 2015, 11:21:53 pm »

Wait, really? All human contact seems to do is make me grumpier and more recluse-y.

In other news, collapsed soffle omelette nonsense was tasty but would have been tastier if the baked bean can hadn't been rusty.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160611 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:17 pm »

Note: Positive. Like having a good conversation for a couple hours, playing drinking games until you're all silly, making out while watching Disney movies together, being praised for hard work, &c.

So about 3% of your average daily intake of social interaction.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160612 on: July 23, 2015, 11:29:26 pm »

Oh. I think I worked out what the problem is, then.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160613 on: July 24, 2015, 01:35:15 am »

I just have no idea what it is I love about Bridge Building Sims, but there's just something very rewarding about it.

I bought Bridge Constructor Medieval from Humble Bundle at a great discounted cost a while back. There's a dumb story where you are the Royal Architect for your king, and your kingdom is being invaded by a large warrior nation known as the Urcks. Considering the dialogue introducing the Urcks, you might think they're Orcs or Goblins or something, but you get to see them and they're just regular humans, so I can't help but feel there's a racist allegory being presented here, but dumb story short, you gotta start building bridges.

Each mission has two objectives, a mandatory one that is usually simple enough, and an more difficult one that awards a gold medal. You start with your regular bridge job, just bridge it good enough to support the weight of a friendly army passing over it. The game then throws you curveballs with the missions though, in that some require you to build bridges that not only allow friendly units to pass over, but also to survive and shield the units from boulder catapults that are bombarding the bridge. You get special roofing you can use, it's neato.

Then the second curveball is to build a bridge that is NOT meant to support troops, it's meant to act as a trap to enemy Urck troops, and you get the gold medal for killing ALL OF'EM! But building deliberately shoddy bridges has never been more challenging.

It gets really challenging near the end, cause to get the gold medals you are placed on a TIGHT budget, with heavy cargo caravans that are determined to crush your supports, and your only building materials are: Balsa wood, cardboard, and dental floss. I spent something like 2-3 hours staring at one particularly tough level, racking my brain to decipher the mystery of physics, searching my soul to find the taboo secret of bridges, becoming increasingly desperate for an answer. I had to pick it up and put it down several times to let my brain rest and tackle it from a new angle. Then finally, *finally*, finding an answer that allowed all the gratuitously morbidly obese bastards celebrating fat pride throughout the kingdom to cross the bridge safely, their overweight plodding pushing every single beam and support to its absolute limit, and I managed to do it while remaining under-budget. Granted it was only by a few cents, but under-budget nonetheless, and the coveted gold medal was all mine.

And then, once I finished, I visited Steam, and on the front page, perhaps waiting for me, was a brand new Bridge Building Sim, just announced and still in Early Access, but it has the clear markings of a great bridge building sim...

*BRIDGE SWEAT INTENSIFIES*

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #160614 on: July 24, 2015, 02:22:49 am »

Found some sick loot in Diablo 2.

Spoiler: loot (click to show/hide)

Suddenly my summoner necro can double as a melee necro, dealing 300 to 800 damage with his scythe.

Admittedly I stayed up 2 hours later than I intended and I need to go do errands early in the morning but I regret nothing, I got loot.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160615 on: July 24, 2015, 05:48:34 am »

Found some sick loot in Diablo 2.

Spoiler: loot (click to show/hide)

Suddenly my summoner necro can double as a melee necro, dealing 300 to 800 damage with his scythe.

Admittedly I stayed up 2 hours later than I intended and I need to go do errands early in the morning but I regret nothing, I got loot.
WANT.
I don't even OWN Diablo in any form.  STILL WANT.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #160616 on: July 24, 2015, 06:02:20 am »

I had about 250ml of Kraken left and drank it all, got reasonably impaired.  Fun times.  Still a little off.  My motor skills have returned but there's a nagging strangeness in my brain.  I don't have a headache but I guess this is what a hangover feels like.  I'm pretty hard to get drunk, I'm a large dude and take it pretty well so I've never been super hungover.
It was fun though, we watched troll 2 and I did a bad thing.
Shoes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160617 on: July 24, 2015, 06:16:44 am »

I had about 250ml of Kraken left and drank it all, got reasonably impaired.  Fun times.  Still a little off.  My motor skills have returned but there's a nagging strangeness in my brain.  I don't have a headache but I guess this is what a hangover feels like.  I'm pretty hard to get drunk, I'm a large dude and take it pretty well so I've never been super hungover.
It was fun though, we watched troll 2 and I did a bad thing.
The last bit is kind of disturbing/mysterious, but still... booze! Yay!
Even if it's rum. (Rum tends to make me spew. A lot.)

On food-related Happies, I just ate a $5 pizza and managed not to get rained on when I went to pick it up.
I made sure to heartily mock my friends who paid extra for delivery to avoid the weather. Whilst eating my pizza, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #160618 on: July 24, 2015, 06:17:06 am »

I LEAVE ON HOLIDAY AND THEN COME BACK AND ORANGE WIZARD'S BEARD HAS TURNED INTO AN EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL, HAIRY, TITAN OF THE UNDERWORLD.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160619 on: July 24, 2015, 06:22:19 am »

Oh, you know, shenanigans.

Pages: 1 ... 10706 10707 [10708] 10709 10710 ... 13325