Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10687 10688 [10689] 10690 10691 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783675 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #160320 on: July 14, 2015, 10:10:15 pm »

I have learned that attempting to dissolve styrax absolute in alcohol leaves behind a sticky gum of a residue. I foolishly touched it with my fingers, and even after the application of steel wool and soap, they remain sticky, even an hour later.
If something like that happens again (or it's still sticky after a whole day) you could always try the "rub fingers in the dirt/other powdery substance, then just rub off the powder". I find that tends to help pull off a fair bit more of sticky things since they get pulled off with the dirt, and in a worst case the powder is stuck to your hand and stops you from sticking to things. The strategy is a godsend if you ever find yourself working with very sappy wood.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160321 on: July 14, 2015, 10:17:56 pm »

Ping kitty gave birth! I has little ping kittens :D
D:
THE JEALOUSY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #160322 on: July 15, 2015, 12:04:34 am »

Happy to get a good game up and running, though holy crap the GM workload.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160323 on: July 15, 2015, 01:00:19 am »

I have learned that attempting to dissolve styrax absolute in alcohol leaves behind a sticky gum of a residue. I foolishly touched it with my fingers, and even after the application of steel wool and soap, they remain sticky, even an hour later.
If something like that happens again (or it's still sticky after a whole day) you could always try the "rub fingers in the dirt/other powdery substance, then just rub off the powder". I find that tends to help pull off a fair bit more of sticky things since they get pulled off with the dirt, and in a worst case the powder is stuck to your hand and stops you from sticking to things. The strategy is a godsend if you ever find yourself working with very sappy wood.
Or use a solvent. Acetone should work marvellously.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160324 on: July 15, 2015, 02:27:52 am »

Testing Miku.

i dont know japanese what the hell do i care anyway lets do it
Vocaloid 4 is supposed to come out with some vocaloids made specifically for English. Like Ruby. They sound great. No engrish.

Sometimes voice synth technology sounds awkward but dang did the entire system improve.

GUMI has pretty awesome pronunciation capabilities. Luka's a given. IA sounds very eeerily close to Lia.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #160326 on: July 15, 2015, 04:52:16 am »

Stem cells continue to be sodding amazing.
That's less stem cells being amazing - that's the entire point of them, that's what they are supposed to do - and more clever engineering.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160327 on: July 15, 2015, 04:58:46 am »

"Stem cells, and the advances in research thereof, continues to be sodding amazing"?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #160328 on: July 15, 2015, 05:12:28 am »

"Stem cells, and the advances in research thereof, continues to be sodding amazing"?
Okay, yeah, that was a bit anal of me.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160329 on: July 15, 2015, 11:29:15 am »

My older brother drives a semi truck for his company every now and again. The other day while driving a semi loaded with 80,000 pounds on the interstate, going 60 Miles an hour, a large RV in front of him started to slam on their brakes. Now, the problem with semi's is that they don't really break all that easily, especially with big loads. He looked to see if he could pull into the left lane, and saw cars blocking his way. So he decided to pull onto the shoulder. This would have been fine if it weren't for the RV also pulling onto the shoulder at the exact same time. So my brother had to pull off the road entirely. In doing so, he flipped the semi. The cab ended up fairly well crushed, seeming to imply that there was not much of a chance of anyone getting out alright. My brother stepped out of that semi with one long scratch on his back. And that was it. The RV that held two families in front of him apparently braked for a dog on the road. The fact that he walked out of there just fine was something that made me pretty damn happy.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:49:00 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #160330 on: July 15, 2015, 11:35:37 am »

My grandfather drove big rigs for 30+ years, and told me plenty of horror stories about guys he knew getting killed in various ways in wrecks, especially with runaway truck ramps (he did a lot of driving up through the Appalachians). Glad to hear your brother is okay.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160331 on: July 15, 2015, 02:05:46 pm »

Doing my Master's entirely online, just met with my advisor over Skype... technology is wonderful. :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #160332 on: July 15, 2015, 02:58:56 pm »

Doing my Master's entirely online, just met with my advisor over Skype... technology is wonderful. :))
@_@
How is this?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #160333 on: July 15, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »

@_@
How is this?
His secret is having internet better than ours. Gaze in wonder. Such majestic connection speed. Glorious bandwidth.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160334 on: July 15, 2015, 04:38:28 pm »

Steam says an hour.
I say five minutes.
I'm right. :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10687 10688 [10689] 10690 10691 ... 13325