Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10664 10665 [10666] 10667 10668 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757244 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #159975 on: July 04, 2015, 07:40:52 pm »

if you can't walk under 20 meters of sand you're probably a peasant
That's because that fall-through-the-world glitch is only in the shoddy PC port.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159976 on: July 04, 2015, 07:45:40 pm »

if you can't walk under 20 meters of sand you're probably a peasant
That's because that fall-through-the-world glitch is only in the shoddy PC port.
Glitch? I used console commands and activated noclip.</pc_masterrace>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159977 on: July 04, 2015, 08:34:56 pm »

Got online recently and hello 9 new messages in PMs. Most of which are :D in tone and with many other nice notes in them.
That implies someone sent you a message which wasn't nice? :c
x3
I don't get messages which aren't nice. Sure, some may be gruff and  >:( or worded in a way that shows frustration...and other somethings at times, but its all ok.

Thanks all for the messages and well wishes. :)

E: Very sorry if I wasn't there to greet anyone --PM or otherwise-- their Happy Birthday back before though. :-\
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:53:03 pm by Tiruin »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159978 on: July 04, 2015, 08:37:20 pm »

My phone wasn't charging, turned out to be years of hard dust in the port rather than a hardware issue, and was easily fixed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #159979 on: July 04, 2015, 11:46:49 pm »

*No quotes please*

It's lovely when certain information dispensing websites update at midnight Monday morning....

Fraudulent, life ruining lawsuit for an ungodly amount dismissed with prejudice (forever)? Yes, thank you.

Other side's high priced lawyer beating me down right in front of the judge with statements like, "It just must be eating you up inside. Sad, fake, brave face, but behind that pretend stoic demeanor hides a scared little boy seething with inner turmoil. The pressure must be unbearable, diamonds would shoot out of your ears if there was anything half as valuable as coal in your empty head just from the strain. Just settle now early and inexpensive, because I can't imagine what sad thoughts just must be gnawing around at you."

Answer: [hands papers and disc] "Your guy's on tape admitting he made the whole thing up, calls me too stupid to pull this off, calls me several choice words, and calls the President a few choice and racist words including but not limited to that N one. My favorite is where he threatens bodily harm.... Bye"

I was second guessing myself and all my worth/abilities over this crap forever. I swore I didn't do shit wrong, but I kept torturing myself by playing everything over in my head a thousand times a day.

*No quotes please*
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:52:57 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #159980 on: July 04, 2015, 11:59:25 pm »

Wait, since when are lawyers allowed to literally insult someone in the face right in the court room? From what I know of the situation by your previous posts, that statement seems completely irrelevant with no bearing on the case; was the lawyer not penalized for it in any way?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159981 on: July 05, 2015, 12:06:45 am »

maybe real law rooms have far more shit in them than movie ones.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159982 on: July 05, 2015, 12:09:14 am »

Seems like the quality of the opposing professionalism dropped to an all-time low because they couldn't make a good case. :-\

Go Tru! [Emotional attacks are out of line, with or without context.]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159983 on: July 05, 2015, 12:11:01 am »

Wait, since when are lawyers allowed to literally insult someone in the face right in the court room?
When you've got no evidence you've got to go all in on dramatics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159984 on: July 05, 2015, 12:15:50 am »

Wait, the person spouting the garbage and N word, was that the lawyer or his guy on tape?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #159985 on: July 05, 2015, 12:28:13 am »

Hang on, does the legal system in the US revolve around verbal abuse?

You done good, Tru. Better, perhaps, than even my grammar.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159986 on: July 05, 2015, 12:33:54 am »

Hang on, does the legal system in the US revolve around verbal abuse?
Nah, that's just interpersonal communication.
"I am aggressive and I am confident so bow to my will."
It is a form of emotional manipulation to try to get the desired end goal by exploiting any and all fear/uncertainty.

Notice the quote says "settle early" which means that they likely have not reached the courtroom yet and so ruthless lawyers can do that kind of shit without legal reprimand.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159987 on: July 05, 2015, 12:43:00 am »

Wait, since when are lawyers allowed to literally insult someone in the face right in the court room?
When you've got no evidence you've got to go all in on dramatics.
Hey man, it works for Phoenix Wright. Half Most Just about everything that guy does is slamming his desk and hoping that the witnesses let some vital hint slip from the shock.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #159988 on: July 05, 2015, 12:45:32 am »

All I'm going to say is, there's what's supposed to happen and then there's what really does. There's a reason I'm trying to get back into accounting and the hell out of this.

Point being, I'm no longer getting sued for made up crap.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:52:02 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #159989 on: July 05, 2015, 12:53:55 am »

Truean: 1
World: Weeping Defeated In A Corner
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 10664 10665 [10666] 10667 10668 ... 13325