Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10641 10642 [10643] 10644 10645 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776882 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #159630 on: June 26, 2015, 03:57:14 pm »

Yeah, once the Aussie democrats get back into power we might get gay marriage.
Or, considering how our labor party works, a new set of satellite dishes.

Yes. They are the parent who gives you a playstation to get your mind off your dog's terminal illness.
(Yes, I am a liberal supporter. (Aussierepublican). Albeit... not an Abbott supporter.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159631 on: June 26, 2015, 04:07:07 pm »

Does that mean that asian countries like Japan will also legalize gay marriage too? Especially since Japan is just being being homophobic to make America-senpai notice it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #159632 on: June 26, 2015, 04:45:00 pm »

Oh, so you guys had to be dragged to gay marriage kicking and screaming through mandates.
Meanwhile, everyone in Ireland agreed that gay marriage is cool. We voted on it and almost everyone agreed.
So, in short, America is worse then Ireland forever.
Joking. In reality, congratulations America and the LGBTQ+ community. Go get married and divorced. You earned it.
We never really got an option to vote on it. American works mostly on representational government; things like propositions only exist occasionally on state on local levels. At least as far as I know. Someone else who actually knows about politics can feel free to back me up or tell me how fucking wrong I am.
Gay marriage legal in the whole US. So that's cool.

Good job Murrica. You're sorta ten years behind everyone else, but whatever.
"Everyone else"
I feel like that chart should have more color differentiation, if not for legibility, then at least for theme.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #159633 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #159634 on: June 26, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »

Sorry for the potential lack of happies, but whenever I hear of anything sufficiently great to pretty much groundbreaking levels, like the recent events, for example (not that I was a supporter or not; I'm indifferent to it), I generally keep an eye out for anything cataclysmic/disastrous in nature to balance the scales; that or, this could be a way of drawing attention away from a much greater issue.

In other words, everything balances out. For every great good, a great evil must make show as well. Prevention only delays, or dilutes it over time. It is inevitable. Naturally, I also hold this belief for every time I'm miserable as a ray of hope. If I am in the deepest pits of despair, then something ought to come along to balance the scales there, and make up the difference. Of course, given the dilution factor, I can get hit with feeling like crap intensely, and get good will/luck trickling down over the course of 10x-100x the time as it was intense of misery (which I kinda feel is bullshit, if you ask me; it's like 1 week of intense crap, and 4 months of neutral-good luck to balance it out. Mostly neutral (no bad luck, but no good luck either, or at least, the bare minimum of good luck). Like washing away sulfuric acid with only water, and then a sanitizer to finish it off.); although bad luck won't hit again, good luck takes it's time delivering itself, making itself relatively not worth the wait anymore.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:01:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #159635 on: June 26, 2015, 04:59:42 pm »

Oh, so you guys had to be dragged to gay marriage kicking and screaming through mandates.
Meanwhile, everyone in Ireland agreed that gay marriage is cool. We voted on it and almost everyone agreed.
So, in short, America is worse then Ireland forever.
Joking. In reality, congratulations America and the LGBTQ+ community. Go get married and divorced. You earned it.
We never really got an option to vote on it. American works mostly on representational government; things like propositions only exist occasionally on state on local levels. At least as far as I know. Someone else who actually knows about politics can feel free to back me up or tell me how fucking wrong I am.
Huh, really? Wow, that's irritating.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159636 on: June 26, 2015, 05:02:43 pm »

Nah, not really. Many states (most, I think, have held a vote, several of them multiple ones) did vote on it, for or against. It was just determined by the supreme court that those that chose in favor of discrimination were without legal basis, more or less.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:06:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159637 on: June 26, 2015, 05:03:58 pm »

Yeah, once the Aussie democrats get back into power we might get gay marriage.
Or, considering how our labor party works, a new set of satellite dishes.

Yes. They are the parent who gives you a playstation to get your mind off your dog's terminal illness.
(Yes, I am a liberal supporter. (Aussierepublican). Albeit... not an Abbott supporter.
This topic is the whole reason I vote for Abbott. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #159638 on: June 26, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »

I may end up moving out of my parent's place in Texas and instead living with my grandparents in Michigan where I'll likely be facing far less prosecution and have much better prospects for education.

The only major issue is my grandpa isn't quite pro-homosexuality, but it's one bigot who knows and likes me and isn't violently anti-gay versus an entire town o]f people who'd want me dead.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #159640 on: June 26, 2015, 06:25:45 pm »

Nah, not really. Many states (most, I think, have held a vote, several of them multiple ones) did vote on it, for or against. It was just determined by the supreme court that those that chose in favor of discrimination were without legal basis, more or less.
Right, but that was for determining the legality for each individual state, wasn't it? Issues on a federal level aren't up for a direct popular vote.

Which kinda sucks, but it's hard to elsewise considering that the US is the third most populous country. Hell, even my own state has a million more residents than the Republic of Ireland, and it's near the middle in rank as far as population goes. The true middle state, Louisiana, 25th in population, is very close to Ireland in population, though it has about a 40k lead.

So the logistics of counting any sort of popular vote for the entire country is like trying to do so for 50 Irelands at once, and you have to keep in mind, we don't even allow any sort of electronic voting; all votes for the presidential election are counted by hand because people are afraid a computer-based vote will be rigged by a hacker. So I guess it kind of makes sense that we don't have any federal referendums or anything like that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159641 on: June 26, 2015, 06:35:16 pm »

... Jesus Christ, looking at the population, that's a lot of votes to count by hand. Even if people who don't vote are the majority.
Man, I feel kinda bad for making fun there, now. My head hurts trying to picture a federal referendum now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159642 on: June 26, 2015, 07:02:40 pm »

Just put my first load of washing on in the household's new washing machine.
Let's hope it doesn't destroy my clothes, since I kinda guessed at the settings on the console. Also it might be haunted.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #159643 on: June 26, 2015, 07:04:46 pm »

Just put my first load of washing on in the household's new washing machine.
Let's hope it doesn't destroy my clothes, since I kinda guessed at the settings on the console. Also it might be haunted.

Sacrifice a virgin goat and throw it in the load as well. It doesn't hurt to be cautious and get on the washing ghost's good side.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159644 on: June 26, 2015, 07:06:47 pm »

Pffft, it has to actually show its wrath, first. Once my freshly-laundered clothes come out of the spin cycle soaked in blood and/or try to strangle me when I wear them I'll consider making sacrifice to the washing machine. Until then, the Sacred Laundry Liquid shall have to do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 10641 10642 [10643] 10644 10645 ... 13325