Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10640 10641 [10642] 10643 10644 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778156 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #159615 on: June 26, 2015, 11:40:13 am »

Better get inside before the whole country starts releasing gay spores.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159616 on: June 26, 2015, 12:00:43 pm »

Now, at long last, all Americans can enjoy the nagging annoyances of marriage.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159617 on: June 26, 2015, 12:18:20 pm »

Gay marriage legal in the whole US. So that's cool.

Good job Murrica. You're sorta ten years behind everyone else, but whatever.
"Everyone else"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159618 on: June 26, 2015, 12:20:59 pm »

Now, at long last, all Americans can enjoy the nagging annoyances of marriage.  :P
Are there any reliable statistics yet on the differences between gay-vs-straight marriage and divorce?

I don't know, maybe I'm completely wrong, but I would not be surprised if same-sex relationships including marriages were more stable than opposite-sex ones simply because there's no pointless friction created either legally or emotionally by gender roles.

"Everyone else"
Silly American, everyone knows that the entire world is on the North Atlantic coast!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #159619 on: June 26, 2015, 01:01:26 pm »

I got off work super early!

Also got a proper checking account too so that's nice.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #159620 on: June 26, 2015, 01:07:26 pm »

"Everyone else"
What's that tiny little patch in the mideast?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #159621 on: June 26, 2015, 01:20:57 pm »

"Everyone else"
What's that tiny little patch in the mideast?
Israel, from the look of it. Though it's not exactly endorsed:
Israel does not recognize same-sex marriages performed on their territory. Same-sex marriages performed in foreign jurisdictions are recorded strictly 'for statistical purposes', thereby avoiding official recognition of same-sex marriages by the state.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159622 on: June 26, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »

Oh hey, neat. Can't say that I'm looking forward to the inevitable shitstorm, but progress is always good.

Happiness: Received a very nice thank-you letter of sorts from a friend. Actually made me tear up a bit, it was such an unexpected surprise. Made my whole week a lot better :')
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #159623 on: June 26, 2015, 02:16:59 pm »

The main problem I have with this is that it was definitely a state issue, not a issue for the federal government. Then again, it's not like this is a "dangerous precedent," this wouldn't be the first time the federal govt shat all over state governments. In any case congrats to the lgbbq lobby, these are interesting times we live in.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #159624 on: June 26, 2015, 02:23:22 pm »

The main problem I have with this is that it was definitely a state issue, not a issue for the federal government. Then again, it's not like this is a "dangerous precedent," this wouldn't be the first time the federal govt shat all over state governments. In any case congrats to the lgbbq lobby, these are interesting times we live in.
Don't worry ggamer, I'm sure your government mandated gay-polygamous-socials partners will be very attractive :)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159625 on: June 26, 2015, 02:37:30 pm »

But, Ireland was recent too. We aren't the only ones late to the party!
Plus we managed to leave hetero marriage legal :P

Ahaha read the fucking dissenting opinion. Sour grapes much, Roberts?
Don't forget scumbag Scalia
The excerpts are pretty interesting.  I expected more legalspeak (and I'm sure it's in there), but these read more more like op-eds.  I guess they are only human beings, after all.

Yeah, the quotes are obviously cherry-picked for non-legal audiences.

None of the justices are covering themselves in glory here, legally speaking.  The majority opinion also reads like an op-ed.  Scalia is right when he points out that the decision here isn't based on legal tradition or constitutional law at all, really.  Which isn't something I ever thought I'd say.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159626 on: June 26, 2015, 02:44:21 pm »

The outcome of the decision itself is definitely preferable. I'd like to see a bill of rights rewrite that actually gives us all more autonomy and individual authority than we already have, such as in who we marry.

Definitely don't like seeing the feds having authority over what decisions we are or are not allowed to make, even if they're ruling in our favor.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #159627 on: June 26, 2015, 02:51:30 pm »

The outcome of the decision itself is definitely preferable. I'd like to see a bill of rights rewrite that actually gives us all more autonomy and individual authority than we already have, such as in who we marry.

Definitely don't like seeing the feds having authority over what decisions we are or are not allowed to make, even if they're ruling in our favor.
I think you mean "see new amendments to the bill of rights". A complete rewrite of the whole bill of rights seems incredibly unlikely.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #159628 on: June 26, 2015, 03:39:00 pm »

Oh, so you guys had to be dragged to gay marriage kicking and screaming through mandates.
Meanwhile, everyone in Ireland agreed that gay marriage is cool. We voted on it and almost everyone agreed.
So, in short, America is worse then Ireland forever.
Joking. In reality, congratulations America and the LGBTQ+ community. Go get married and divorced. You earned it.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159629 on: June 26, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »

Which is why marriage law should actually become a subset of contract law, instead of the freaky un-enforceable legal-kinda-sorta contract hybrid it is now. /soapbox

To be fair, there are a lot of people who make decisions that should definitely be stopped (ex, drunk drivers, murderers, slavers).  But US government at least definitely needs pruning and a re-org to focus on the basics.  Instead, we're getting the TPP fast-tracked.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 10640 10641 [10642] 10643 10644 ... 13325