Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10623 10624 [10625] 10626 10627 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787348 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #159360 on: June 21, 2015, 10:18:17 pm »

It's also an exceedingly bad idea to not be nice to cats. (See also: the Duchess, the Tiger Keeper, or tigers, lots of tigers. Dear god.)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159361 on: June 21, 2015, 10:19:41 pm »

It's especially a bad idea to not be nice to me.
imma fuk u up.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159362 on: June 21, 2015, 10:27:57 pm »

[isn't nice]
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159363 on: June 21, 2015, 10:29:59 pm »

[isn't nice]
You probably don't want this guy to get cross.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159364 on: June 21, 2015, 10:32:45 pm »

It's also an exceedingly bad idea to not be nice to cats. (See also: the Duchess, the Tiger Keeper, or tigers, lots of tigers. Dear god.)
Isn't there a deity in Lovecraft's works that will murder you dead if you abuse cats?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159365 on: June 21, 2015, 10:39:38 pm »

Isn't there a deity in Lovecraft's works that will murder you dead if you abuse cats?
You mean Lovecraft himself wouldn't personally hunt you through space and time?

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159366 on: June 21, 2015, 10:42:45 pm »

According to Atomic Robo, that's perfectly plausible. Lovecraft is himself a Lovecraftian horror that wants to consume the universe from its point of observation that lies outside of time.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #159367 on: June 21, 2015, 10:47:10 pm »

(Also add me flame? :3 Same name here, over there).
At Zee at the moment
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159368 on: June 21, 2015, 10:58:31 pm »

As far as I remember, that was just the cats themselves.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159369 on: June 21, 2015, 11:24:24 pm »

According to Atomic Robo, that's perfectly plausible. Lovecraft is himself a Lovecraftian horror that wants to consume the universe from its point of observation that lies outside of time.
That's actually true because Ethan Carter became Yog Sothoth, and Ethan Carter is Lovecraft.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159370 on: June 21, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »

Battlebots

Sad to see that the boring people are still allowed to enter floor-hugging wedges-on-wheels. :I

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159371 on: June 21, 2015, 11:29:57 pm »

Battlebots

Sad to see that the boring people are still allowed to enter floor-hugging wedges-on-wheels. :I
Hey, what works, works.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159372 on: June 21, 2015, 11:46:35 pm »

Battlebots

Hey, what works, works.

Battlebots is all about the spectacle. Interesting robots losing to a metal box driving at them for three minutes is fun-killing. It's been made worse because we haven't had any good wedge-beaters show up. The best part of the Nightmare v. Warrior Clan fight was when Nightmare exploded the minibot, everything after that was just pathetic. The worst part is when the wedges don't even have any real weapons so you have to spend a couple minutes watching a flipped bot try to right itself.

I'm also wondering why they did away with the weight classes; that helped somewhat because most of the shitbots ended up fighting each other while the real monsters entertained us.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159373 on: June 21, 2015, 11:49:31 pm »

Like what I think when it comes to fake gladitorial combat, there should be a popularity rating. Like, sure, winning helps, but also have a system in place so that the boring munchkin lose.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #159374 on: June 22, 2015, 12:09:43 am »

Battlebots is all about the spectacle. Interesting robots losing to a metal box driving at them for three minutes is fun-killing. It's been made worse because we haven't had any good wedge-beaters show up. The best part of the Nightmare v. Warrior Clan fight was when Nightmare exploded the minibot, everything after that was just pathetic. The worst part is when the wedges don't even have any real weapons so you have to spend a couple minutes watching a flipped bot try to right itself.

I'm also wondering why they did away with the weight classes; that helped somewhat because most of the shitbots ended up fighting each other while the real monsters entertained us.

I didn't even think about weight classes when I was watching tonight. Good point.

Wedgebots in Battlebots are slightly more entertaining than non-Battlebots fights. Battlebots has the arena full of hazards for the wedgebots to push shit into. Without hazards literally all they can do is push and try to upend the opponent. Boring as hell. Like sumos but with less fat people and more wheels.

I think another good idea would be to have a class or tier focused around non-wheeled bots. Or maybe a completely separate show. Tyrannosaurus Wrecks was probably the coolest looking bot I saw on there tonight -a sawblade with legs that waddles and uses the sawblade momentum to push itself is a dope as hell concept - but it was completely outclassed by Plan X because Plan X had wheels and mobility and could easily evade the waddling sawblade that is T. Wrecks. Having bots with more unique locomotion would make for a really entertaining fight, I'd think. Would also provide a new option for winning: immobilize the opponent by severing limbs.

Hope that T Wrecks doesn't abandon their design though. Maybe make it a four-legged crawler with sawblades on both ends.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 10623 10624 [10625] 10626 10627 ... 13325