Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10606 10607 [10608] 10609 10610 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836931 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #159105 on: June 16, 2015, 10:08:06 am »

I honestly think competitive gaming for competition's sake can go fuck itself. I honestly don't see the point in playing a game that isn't fun. I have no idea what a wavedash is and I don't ever want to find out. Yeah I'm probably crap at the game, but I don't care :P

I love me some Smash. I remember spending hours playing the original with my little brother on the N64 console they had in the local electrical store - My family went the playstation route rather than N64, soooo that was our only chance. Picked up the latest for my WiiU (Actually the reason I bought one) and my girlfriend and I can easily kill a couple of hours playing that.
Didn't we used to play video games to have fun?

I'm officially old now, aren't I?

Late to the party on this.

Competitive smash is about fun though. Most people at tourneys are there to play the game and have fun and play with other people. The only difference between "competitive" and "casual" smash is that one tends to have a more tournament based scene and more developed metagame, like usually 1v1 with 4 stocks and no items, while the other is just freeform playing and having fun with friends with no holds barred. Both are fun.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #159106 on: June 16, 2015, 10:29:05 am »

Didn't we used to play video games to have fun?

I'm officially old now, aren't I?
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

We have our own ways of having fun. There'll never be an agreement between methods though. We can have a holy war between casual gaming and tournament gaming; those who play to win, and those who play to lose (to win). The story writers, and the story players.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:31:13 am by Itnetlolor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #159107 on: June 16, 2015, 10:35:12 am »

As far as games go, I think frustration is part of the entertainment. Getting a bit frustrated when you lose is just part of being invested in the game, like being sad when a movie has a downer ending. Highly competitive games like League of Legends, some FPS games, etc. are frustrating to lose, but they have a comparably high emotional payoff for winning as well because the match itself is typically tense and engaging (provided that both teams are of an equal skill level, but that's another story), which is kind of fun in its own right.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159108 on: June 16, 2015, 10:45:07 am »

That's also what made the Halo fandom as toxic as it was, the fucking MLG fanboys.
I like Halo. >_>
To be fair, I probably like the expanded universe in the books way more than the actual games at this point, but I keep playing them. Mostly out of obligation.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159109 on: June 16, 2015, 10:46:21 am »

^
I love the Halo story. Reach was my favorite. Four was bleghhghghhh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159110 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:17 am »

There's a good chance that my sister can get me a job where she works. I'd cross my fingers, but years of computer use have left them a little stiff for that. Crap.
Update: Just got called for the interview.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159111 on: June 16, 2015, 10:57:20 am »

^
I love the Halo story. Reach was my favorite. Four was bleghhghghhh.
My favorite book was Contact Harvest. It gives a ton of backstory for the war with the Covenant and doesn't center around John for once. Captain Keyes is probably my favorite character though. They took a character who was almost completely ineffectual in the first game and gave him a backstory where he's a complete and total gruff badass. It's great.

Although, I totally agree that Halo 4's story just kinda sucked. It does well on its own even as maybe a reboot, but the Promethians were just sorta pulled out of the collective ass of the writers. Where'd they come from? I dunno, I've been unconscious for 4 and a half years. Why are the Sangheili attacking us again? No idea. See above.
Thing is, none of it gets explained. They just sort of handwave it off like "A lot can happen in four years"

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #159112 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:25 am »

The person who  orchestrated my boss' downfall has fallen in turn.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:25:44 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159113 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:32 am »

That's also what made the Halo fandom as toxic as it was, the fucking MLG fanboys.
I like Halo. >_>
To be fair, I probably like the expanded universe in the books way more than the actual games at this point, but I keep playing them. Mostly out of obligation.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Halo. Halo 2 revolutionized console multiplayer (and I was there for the one, final effort to delay the MP servers going down), and Halo 3 is still to date my most-played game, even though I haven't touched it in years. I made more friends and had more fun playing Halo 3 customs than in just about any other game.

Doesn't mean the community wasn't toxic as fuck. I got permbanned from the Bungie forums for suggesting that the AR in Halo 3 took more skill to use well than the BR because you had to manage your recoil at range instead of just hammering the trigger and letting that absurd console aim assist do the work for you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #159114 on: June 16, 2015, 03:20:44 pm »

I think Halo's really gone downhill since 3.  Reach took it towards being a modern shooter with loadouts and quick kills at range.  Its just not what Halo's strengths are, other games do that better.

Back when I played 3 the only gaming community I knew was my brother.  Which... was a pretty toxic community.  Dude was competitive as fuck.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #159115 on: June 16, 2015, 03:27:15 pm »

Dwarf Fortress mentioned on frontpage of english Wikipedia just made my night.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #159116 on: June 16, 2015, 03:35:55 pm »

Holy crab you guys I am actually cooking food for once.
Let's see if I manage to accidentally burn the house down/scald myself to death with boiling water/de-finger myself with a chopping knife.
Is it crab?
It's a crab-pope.
That or Yoink just perforated it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159117 on: June 16, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »

Oh hey cool.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #159118 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:28 pm »

Oh hey cool.
Screen pls
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #159119 on: June 16, 2015, 06:21:11 pm »

My 3DS is back from repairs!

:D
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 10606 10607 [10608] 10609 10610 ... 13326