Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10577 10578 [10579] 10580 10581 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826165 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #158670 on: June 09, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »

It's an old trilogy which started similar to the early Civilization games.  Except instead of cities, you had stars and the space between.  Combat was a separate, interesting minigame where the ships moved on a board and fired.  Ship customization was a primary mechanic from first game.  The second was probably the best.

That's the very short explanation of the mechanics.  To explain the name, it's a story about the Milky Way galaxy and the planet Orion.  Orion was the capital of the ancients, the ones who seeded the Milky Way and uplifted the many species.  But the Antarans sought to destroy the Ancients, and nearly succeeded.

In each game, Orion is an incredibly important star system which holds secret technology of the ancients.

The first game is a typical RTS where Orion is a special, desirable star system.  I don't think the events are canon.

In the second game, the Antarans are escaping their dimensional prison.  It's a typical RTS except that these invaders periodically break through and try to murder a random planet.  One victory option is to discover dimensional travel and conquer Antares, ending the Ancients' war.  Another option is to be voted as leader of the Ancient-spawned races, and face the threat as one.

The third game is mechanically a mess, but the setting is quite amazing.  The Antarans won, and have presided over the galaxy for centuries.  They've genetweaked the ancients' races with great predjudice, reveling in their victory over their ancient enemy's offspring.  But then a mysterious extragalactic threat destroys their main army.  The races of the Milky Way must take this opportunity to grow, and rediscover the ancient technologies long prohibited to them.  The Antarans are weakened, but still vastly superior to their erstwhile slaves.  So the races have to tread carefully, and avoid angering the Antarans more than anyone else...  Until the time is ripe to strike back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #158671 on: June 09, 2015, 08:29:58 pm »

I pulled up the TVTropes page for Parental Bonus a while ago and flipped through the Western Animation tab, looking for cartoons I watched when I was little.

I can't stop giggling at all the jokes in these things I missed when I was a kid.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #158672 on: June 09, 2015, 09:07:04 pm »

Hey, is resurrecting things from the distant past of this thread a thing we can do? Because I think we could stand to be saying "forsooth" a lot more than we are right now. Poi.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158673 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:20 pm »

I just realized I'm still using my poi and donuts as my avatar. Gunner-chan is totally copying me all along!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #158674 on: June 09, 2015, 09:53:28 pm »

Forsooth, now I want donuts. Poi.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #158675 on: June 09, 2015, 11:52:09 pm »

Almost done with the semester. Couple more exams to go, both of which I am very confident in. I've failed one class out of the four, but I can re-do that later.

The past months have been exhausting. But, I'm alive, and didn't totally bugger everything up. I think that falls within the margin for success.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #158676 on: June 10, 2015, 06:13:27 am »

Are people trying to introduce another obnoxious meme?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158677 on: June 10, 2015, 06:50:34 am »

Do you mean poi? That's just a quote from some animu character, i think.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158678 on: June 10, 2015, 06:51:46 am »

Spoiler: not happies :< (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158679 on: June 10, 2015, 06:55:47 am »

Every stupid moeblob has her own obnoxious catchphrase poi. 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #158680 on: June 10, 2015, 06:58:01 am »

People generally only use the baka and senpai stuff jokingly, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #158681 on: June 10, 2015, 07:04:44 am »

Wait, so poi isn't being used jokingly?
Goddamit, I thought I had internet sarcasm figured out, too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158682 on: June 10, 2015, 07:23:53 am »

The Japanese term for this cancerous phenomenon is apparently "kyaragobi" (キャラ語尾), or "character suffix" in English.

Here's a (very incomplete) list of those annoying verbal tics for your enjoyment – just pick one and start spamming the hell out of that uguu nyoroon desuu~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158683 on: June 10, 2015, 08:23:22 am »

Well I don't know why but suddenly I have thus really strong urge to poi all of the times. Poi.

Of course not, people only poi when they're deadly serious. You can tell that from the word. Poi.
Love, scriver~

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158684 on: June 10, 2015, 08:29:58 am »

Well I don't know why but suddenly I have thus really strong urge to poi all of the times. Poi.

Of course not, people only poi when they're deadly serious. You can tell that from the word. Poi.
Obviously—if you add a line to the "o", as well as the letter "n" it becomes pain, which shouldn't be joked about. Poi is the most serious word in the English language, poi!
Pages: 1 ... 10577 10578 [10579] 10580 10581 ... 13326