Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10564 10565 [10566] 10567 10568 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15902911 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #158476 on: June 05, 2015, 11:17:18 pm »

Just got some stuff off my chest, some of which is for the first time. Feels good.
Was it hair? Did you shave your chest?
No, I don't have a chainsaw handy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158477 on: June 06, 2015, 12:05:22 am »

Is it bad that is exactly what I was thinking?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #158478 on: June 06, 2015, 12:10:16 am »

While playing openxcom plus finalmodpack with Gunner-chan, I got to see the hillarious scene of trained skilled xcom dudes in heavy armor sneaking up on sectoids with tasers and grabby hands.

And then shocking them and throwing them into their backpacks.

Xcom now kidnaps small cute aliens. They're now xcums, butts unknown.

I'm 12 what is this.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158479 on: June 06, 2015, 12:15:31 am »

I'd almost forgotten about this alt-text.
That was more or less the plot of a certain terry pratchett book.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #158480 on: June 06, 2015, 04:11:37 am »

I just got visited by Jehovah's Witnesses! ^^

Had a polite chat with two polite ladies. While I am atheist, we just came to conclusion that being nice to each other is the way to go. I even got a copy of The Watchtower.

Why happy? Because it was a first time that happened. It was somehow exciting!

Still, I do hope I wasn't TOO nice with them. If they come around for another chat again this would make it really awkward. The kind of person I am I could not accept their point of view but at the same time I wouldn't have heart to just roughly tell them not to come near my door again. Aahhhhh...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158481 on: June 06, 2015, 04:34:44 am »

I was having trouble deciding what to do today, so I just started drinking instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's... usually a bad sign...
It is the best sign.
It's like a huge neon-lit sign on the side of the highway saying "Awesomeness here". And 'here' is 'me'. 'Cause I'm awesome. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158482 on: June 06, 2015, 04:43:13 am »

What a coincidence, so did I! They tricked me into opening the door by having a casually dressed black man stood closest to the door, and I couldn't see the creepily pale tall guy in a suit because he was stood further away.
He pretty much asked me if I thought the gov't was useless, I said yes, and then he handed me a leaflet with some website address on it and said that maybe they'd have so ideas I liked. And then they left.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158483 on: June 06, 2015, 05:18:09 am »

What a coincidence, so did I! They tricked me into opening the door by having a casually dressed black man stood closest to the door, and I couldn't see the creepily pale tall guy in a suit because he was stood further away.
He pretty much asked me if I thought the gov't was useless, I said yes, and then he handed me a leaflet with some website address on it and said that maybe they'd have so ideas I liked. And then they left.
I had one of their leaflets once; there was the usual crazy stuff, but right smack dab in the middle was this two page spread on Roman Aqueducts. Just, two pages on Roman Aqueducts, all correct and beautifully laid out too. No connection with religion whatsoever. The previous page is talking about war, the latter page talking about wealth and unhappiness, and right in the middle: Roman Aqueducts. There must be someone in their editorial team who just really fucking loves their Roman Aqueducts.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #158484 on: June 06, 2015, 05:26:53 am »

I'unno, that sounds like the kind of thing I'd slap in just to mess with the reader. And I'm a certified Religious Person, so I think I'm qualified?

Just read through some of Patrick Rothfuss's AMA. I have decided that I have good taste in authors.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #158485 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:50 am »

I'unno, that sounds like the kind of thing I'd slap in just to mess with the reader. And I'm a certified Religious Person, so I think I'm qualified?
Can confirm.

I once did a speech on the French Revolution for my ICT course, solely for the dissonance. Everyone else talked about computer-related things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #158486 on: June 06, 2015, 05:33:44 am »

Last time I was visited by two Jehovah's Witnesses, it was pretty interesting.

(Paraphrased)

[I open the door]
Me: Hello?
Lady #1: Hello. There's going to be an important event soon.
[She hands me a leaflet, the cover has a depiction of Jesus]
Me: Okay...
Lady #1: I hope you'll be there. Bye!
Lady #2: Bye!
[They close the door]
[I glance at the leaflet, and only then notice that the address of the event is going to be at a Jehovah's Witnesses' county hall]
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #158487 on: June 06, 2015, 06:02:30 am »

Well, mine was... pretty interesting too, but for other reasons. Namely because it was just like some casual chit-chat exchanging opinions. First they asked me what do I think of future, will it be good or bad? I told them I think we live in exciting times and a lot of things will happen in our life times, which can end either way. So they told me they think the times will get better. How there are a lot of things we don't (can't?) control like death and such, but times will get better. Offered me pamphlet, which I took. Quoted something from the bible on pamphlet which also said it will get better. I spotted on pamphlet they are, in fact, Jehova's Witnesses and pointed that out, saying it's kinda cool because I never met them before. Told me they have different interpretation of Bible or something like that and also how Bible is not just religious writing but also useful in daily usage, with some common wisdoms and such. Asked if I believe in God, told them I do not but I welcome everyone who goes around saying positive stuff and we people should just be good to each other in general. They agreed and gave me The watchtower, also saying something along the lines it might interest me how science and religion are connected these days. Told me there is also a web address to their page on the pamphlet, said if I am interested or am in search of answers I can check it out. We said goodbye and went our merry ways.

It surprised me because, as said, they were very polite, nice and didn't push their views at all. Not that I think religious people are like that in general, but still, we were pretty chill. Don't really know why this whole thing makes me so happy, but it's probably when you get in situation where you have different vies than others but still manage to just be decent to each other. :D
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #158488 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06:23 am »

Ah, it seems your local ones have figured out that being nice is better for not being reviled.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

drgbf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158489 on: June 06, 2015, 06:16:57 am »

Jehovah's Witnesses story trade? Don't have one of my own, but my mother told me that a Jehovah's Witness visited her before I was born and the conversation went along the lines of:
 "Hello miss, don't you think it would be great if all of the loved ones that you've lost returned to live with you?"
 "Where? In my three room apartment? Thank you, but no."
 So he just stared at her for a bit and left.
 Not trying to use this as a "logic > religion" sort of argument (completely indifferent about religion tbh), just thought the story was quite funny.
Pages: 1 ... 10564 10565 [10566] 10567 10568 ... 13327