Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10550 10551 [10552] 10553 10554 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15903459 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #158265 on: June 01, 2015, 12:04:10 pm »

I don't know who to believe.
Is absinthe gonna get me gloriously fucked up, or am I better off just saving money and drinking your garden variety spirits?
Absinthe works as well as any other variety of booze, but it tastes like mouthwash with a few anise-flavored candies dissolved into it.

So yeah, it's totally not worth it – unless you wanna be super-edgy, or just happen to adore the taste of mouthwash.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158266 on: June 01, 2015, 12:24:36 pm »

It's pretty good if it's freezing cold but then again so is any spirit that strong.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158267 on: June 01, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »

-snip-
Hmm. While I'm still not entirely convinced, I'll admit that this somewhere in the region of sensible and I can't be bothered to read more material right now to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
Still, can we at least agree that a glass of absinthe, whether modern or historical, can't really induce a state of depressive-looking self-portrait drawing unless somebody's trying to be way super-duper edgy and whatnot? I mean, I understand that the drugs were probably mostly used as an inspiration and not for all the stimuli, but come on. It's a single glass of absinthe. Can't you hold your tujone-flavored booze, emo kid?
Who said it was just a single glass?  Most of the people listed, especially van Gogh, were heavy drinkers of absinthe.  Since alcohol poisoning was brought up, it's no more a matter of a single glass of "tujone-flavored booze" than alcoholism is a consequence of a single shot of vodka. 

EDIT: Reelya does, apparently, at least in the context of the original (modern) artist that started this whole thing.  Ah, well, my apologies.  I didn't click that link because drug abuse really isn't something that interests me, so I only dropped in once people started comparing old recipes for absinthe to modern blends.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:34:00 pm by Culise »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158268 on: June 01, 2015, 01:06:13 pm »

or just happen to adore the taste of mouthwash.
I think aniseed is great. Though I'm not sure if I would like it with mouthwash.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158269 on: June 01, 2015, 01:32:05 pm »

OMG!! New XCOM and it looks GOOD!!!
Sorry, the rest will be confined to the rapidly expanding hype thread.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #158270 on: June 01, 2015, 02:52:08 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/style/meet-caitlyn-jenner-120449155673.html

I'm glad to see at least it's perhaps possible to do this.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #158271 on: June 01, 2015, 03:13:08 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/style/meet-caitlyn-jenner-120449155673.html

I'm glad to see at least it's perhaps possible to do this.
True, though it helps when you have enough money to fund the Kardashians' brand of crazy and still have some left over.

Not that I'm trying to be a downer.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #158272 on: June 01, 2015, 04:56:56 pm »

I'm now will soon be downloading Windows 10.

Finally, freedom from the tyranny of the fucking metro view.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158273 on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:59 pm »

On the contrary my good RedKing.

Before, even the completely rich couldn't be transgender and accepted at all. Progress, cause now that's possible.

20 years ago, everyone would've lied and called her ugly, and unprintable names driving her to professional and literal suicide. So, you know, this is an improvement, because people are slightly less bastards than they were before. :) Although judging from the comments section.... Still have a long way to go. Wow, look at all that hate. 65 years old and Ms Jenner still feels strongly enough to be a woman, despite the immense outpouring of vitriol, from people using their real name facebook accounts no less. Maybe it's not a phase or something that can be helped/forced into submission by society's unceasing hate and bigotry. Look at all that hate.... People still never read the article and realize that yes, SHE does loo exactly like that now, because it's not photoshop, or airbrush, or anything else. If they bothered to puruse the article beyond their horrid little feelings they'd realize that's 10 hours of facial feminization surgery.... But, people don't think, they react, badly.

Still, on balance, it's forward motion, and I'll take it.
This message has been brought to you by your jade glasses wearing Truean. Please purchase her some buffalo chicken tenders. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:12:00 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158274 on: June 01, 2015, 05:06:48 pm »

I'm now will soon be downloading Windows 10.

Finally, freedom from the tyranny of the fucking metro view.
That sounds good, but won't it be full of issues because its a brand-new windows version? Unless the technical preview also counts as a beta.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #158275 on: June 01, 2015, 05:12:16 pm »

Comments sections of news sites aren't even human, practically. Poi.

They think they are and it's kind of cute, but also disgusting.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #158276 on: June 01, 2015, 05:16:38 pm »

Yahoo news is basically cancer anyway. Why the hell do you read it, Tru?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158277 on: June 01, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »

Didn't someone else complain that yahoo news was becoming worse than it used to be recently?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158278 on: June 01, 2015, 05:23:18 pm »

News comment sections are one of the last and strongest bastions of stupid people who feel entitled to tell others what to do while demanding no one do that to them.... They're on the wrong side of history and immortalizing their crap for future generations to point out exactly how racist, sexist, homophobic and bigoted they are.

The real point is that it's easier to surgically reshape flesh than to soften the human heart.

Please don't quote me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #158279 on: June 01, 2015, 05:25:57 pm »

No no, it's even easier! Poi.

.... Assuming you mean remove. Then eat. Nyom nyom tastes like shitlord.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 10550 10551 [10552] 10553 10554 ... 13327