Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10493 10494 [10495] 10496 10497 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15907714 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157410 on: May 18, 2015, 02:59:55 pm »

Took a nice drive through the gorgeous New England summer sunshine to a town about half an hour north, and got some pistachio gelato and Turkish coffee. I'm not sure what to think of Turkish coffee...it's like quicksand, but delicious quicksand.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157411 on: May 18, 2015, 03:23:54 pm »

I'm not sure what to think of Turkish coffee...it's like quicksand, but delicious quicksand.
brb moving to turkey
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157412 on: May 18, 2015, 03:36:30 pm »

People keep telling me I need to get a job.
Time to talk to the navy recruiters again
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #157413 on: May 18, 2015, 04:13:15 pm »

For some reason getting a couple temporary tattoo dinosaurs on my left arm and face as well as having "I AM A HO!!!" written on my right arm has made me happy.

I don't know why it has, but it's put me in a good mood.

My parents have also stopped being so overbearing about checking on what I'm doing on the computer. Probably has to with being done with schoolwork until next year.

Now they're only checking once every so often and so woo

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #157414 on: May 18, 2015, 04:22:36 pm »

whatwhatWHATHWAHTWHYGFEHG
WHERE DO YOU LIVE

WHERE
http://www.blind-guardian.com/tour/

US/Canada starts October 27.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157415 on: May 18, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »

>canada
BEST
OCTOBER
EVER
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157416 on: May 18, 2015, 04:49:51 pm »

My best friend is organizing a LAN party for our entire friend circle (e.g. mainly nerds and stuff), it'll probably be sweet.
You should play that spaceship bridge sim thing that I forgot the name of. Seems fun :p

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157417 on: May 18, 2015, 04:54:52 pm »

Artemis?
Speaking of, there's a free game that's like that but simpler floating around on Steam somewhere. Might be a good thing to check out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157418 on: May 18, 2015, 05:16:57 pm »

whatwhatWHATHWAHTWHYGFEHG
WHERE DO YOU LIVE

WHERE
http://www.blind-guardian.com/tour/

US/Canada starts October 27.
I always wondered how touring acts can move so fast. Seriously, they can somehow cross multiple states, set up and do the show, and do whatever else in a single day. Are these bands just so rich that they can speed constantly and just pay off the tickets or something?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157419 on: May 18, 2015, 05:37:37 pm »

Planes, man. Overnight flight, probably. Sleep on the plane, maybe have some people ahead in each location to have it set up ahead of time, it's not that hard if you have the money.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #157420 on: May 18, 2015, 05:46:32 pm »

Planes, man. Overnight flight, probably. Sleep on the plane, maybe have some people ahead in each location to have it set up ahead of time, it's not that hard if you have the money.
This right here usually, combined with a little bit of driving. Most of the time it goes something like this:
1) Fly+drive to your next location.
2) Arrive at location, do a sound check with the local sound guys (with your personal sound guy to help make sure they are doing everything right if you have one) who already have most everything set up (usually bands will use a fair bit of local sound equipment to if need-be).
3) Go get lunch/hang out for a bit.
4) Do your show.
5) Get dinner.
6) Depending on how far it is, either get on an overnight flight or head to bed and then catch an early morning flight.

(I know this because I know someone who works on and off as one of the previously mentioned "local sound guys").
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #157421 on: May 18, 2015, 05:48:49 pm »

Oh damn they're gonna be in Philly on Nov 1. I'm planning on being in that area for Streetlight Manifesto anyway so that could be really sweet.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157422 on: May 18, 2015, 05:56:54 pm »

My best friend is organizing a LAN party for our entire friend circle (e.g. mainly nerds and stuff), it'll probably be sweet.
You should play that spaceship bridge sim thing that I forgot the name of. Seems fun :p

This. Starship Artemis is so absurdly fun with the right group of folks. I was lucky enough to get to play it at a wealthy friend-of-a-friend's little in-home theater, and set up a Bridge with our computers in front of a big projector for the main screen. I think the demo is free, and the full game isn't that expensive either, and the campaigns can be pretty fun.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #157424 on: May 18, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »

Since we're on the coffee tangent...
I vant
I'd like to know the magic behind this brewing method.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I had a different idea of what was going on before. I think my imagination ran wild with that for a moment. I'm not tired. :P

I don't know why I thought the "sand", which actually is, could also be brewed (more like hot chocolate). I'm gonna use that idea in my dreamworld however, same method of execution, except hot chocolate powder is the sand.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:34:48 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 10493 10494 [10495] 10496 10497 ... 13327