Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10491 10492 [10493] 10494 10495 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15908192 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157380 on: May 17, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »

The plumbing is all fixed now! (Well except the water heater, but we're pretty sure that's a vent problem. Still was a frigid shower today though :P). I can go to the bathroom and do laundry and other sane things again! :))
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157381 on: May 17, 2015, 08:00:55 pm »

Meanwhile I have shoved about 8 of the bastards into a tiny jar with a bunch of ethanol. There's a stupid, stupid plan here.
You'll always have an excuse from now on.
"I didn't puke because of the booze! I puked because of the Ghost Peppers extract which drunk me confused for regular vodka..."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #157382 on: May 17, 2015, 08:42:05 pm »

There's a school counselor who's genuinely concerned for what I want in college, and wants to know how I learn and how to help me. She's a wonderful, jolly, helpful person.
She managed to get my parents on her side.
Now my parents had a talk with my coach that I was not allowed to hear. Now he is being more helpful too, the meeting went much more smoothly and with less people angry at me, I got a chance to open up a bit, now my parents seem to be genuinely happy with my ideas for projects and my studying. The coach also realized he burnt me out too quickly, and should switch focus.

Things are looking up!
Also, apparently pissed, shouty parents, if properly convinced and contained, be used as a force of good. Further research must be done on this.
Woo! Great to hear things are going well!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #157383 on: May 17, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »

There's a school counselor who's genuinely concerned for what I want in college, and wants to know how I learn and how to help me. She's a wonderful, jolly, helpful person.
She managed to get my parents on her side.
Now my parents had a talk with my coach that I was not allowed to hear. Now he is being more helpful too, the meeting went much more smoothly and with less people angry at me, I got a chance to open up a bit, now my parents seem to be genuinely happy with my ideas for projects and my studying. The coach also realized he burnt me out too quickly, and should switch focus.

Things are looking up!
Also, apparently pissed, shouty parents, if properly convinced and contained, be used as a force of good. Further research must be done on this.

And here we have scientific evidence that yes, a shitty situation can actually get better.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #157384 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »

And here we have scientific evidence that yes, a shitty situation can actually get better.
It must be hung up on the wall of the Sad Thread.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157385 on: May 17, 2015, 09:19:26 pm »

Something about pirating uTorrent strikes me as amusing.
How would you even do that since it's a free download? That's like saying you are "pirating" DF. Unless you are actually cracking open the source code I would imagine you would just be downloading from a mirror rather than pirating anything.
It's not, anymore.

There's a free and a pro version. The free version has adverts that you have to dig deep into the config to remove, and has some gutted features.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #157386 on: May 17, 2015, 09:30:39 pm »

It must be hung up on the wall of the Sad Thread.
Agree'd
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #157387 on: May 17, 2015, 10:20:36 pm »

There's a free and a pro version. The free version has adverts that you have to dig deep into the config to remove, and has some gutted features.
As I noted earlier, in the Mac version (which is what I was using) literally the only difference between the free and pro versions was one tiny, rather unobtrusive ad. I wasn't aware that the Windows version had degenerated as far as it has.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #157388 on: May 17, 2015, 11:01:54 pm »

Quote from: dwarf fortress devlog
I mentioned in some Future of the Fortress or other that ethics and values don't instantly assimilate when you grant resident or citizen status to a visitor that petitions to stay at your fortress, and that we'd make sure to have some definite evidence of that fact. I started by diversifying the "work satisfaction" thought by feeding in the job type and filtering it through the individual. In particular, any elves that have the misfortune of signing up for dwarven life can now emotionally process the experiences of tree felling, butchery and animal caging. We trust you'll respect this new situation in your labor settings.

Breaking news. Next release, dwarf-run slave labor camps for elves are possible, complete with emotional torture.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157389 on: May 17, 2015, 11:18:54 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: It'll always be getting better. :3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157390 on: May 17, 2015, 11:20:03 pm »

Dwarves don't believe in slavery, you bojo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157391 on: May 17, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »

I'm sure they believe in it, they just find such practices appalling in the extreme.

Also, the elves aren't slaves. Totally. They're citizens with the same rights as any native born dwarf. Which is exactly none.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157392 on: May 17, 2015, 11:28:06 pm »

I'm sure they believe in it, they just find such practices appalling in the extreme.
Definition of believe in in English:
Be of the opinion that (something) is right or acceptable:
I don’t believe in censorship of the arts
:y
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157393 on: May 17, 2015, 11:38:06 pm »

Now we just need to have an actual slave designation, complete with escape attempts, guards with whips, and sieges from the Mountainhomes over [ETHIC:SLAVERY:PUNISH_CAPITAL] and from the elves themselves.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157394 on: May 17, 2015, 11:40:05 pm »

Also, the elves aren't slaves. Totally. They're citizens with the same rights as any native born dwarf. Which is exactly none.

they will literally kill you if they think you're holding slaves
Pages: 1 ... 10491 10492 [10493] 10494 10495 ... 13327