Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10481 10482 [10483] 10484 10485 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772796 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157230 on: May 13, 2015, 10:27:16 pm »

I'm late, but David Tennant is the only Doctor Who I could ever be bothered watching.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157231 on: May 13, 2015, 10:36:35 pm »

Tennant is good, but my biggest problem with him is his voice. Sometimes it just gets cringey. Still, I like him. Haven't really disliked ANY of the doctors.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157232 on: May 13, 2015, 10:37:13 pm »

I actually really liked Eccleston (and Baker, of course, because I was born in the 80's and also he was good).
Tennant is damn good though, really.  After growing up on Tom Baker, yes of course the new seasons are VERY different, but... good in their own way.  Having a reincarnating hero was *genius*.

Can't really comment on Matt Smith, I haven't started watching those seasons yet.  What I've heard is really worrisome but that's hearsay.

But, it's interesting how the Doctor has gotten less mature through the incarnations.  In that way maybe Matt Smith fits.  Almost done with Tennant's episodes, and, then I can see for myself.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157233 on: May 13, 2015, 10:48:28 pm »

Smith, I felt, danced on that line. I dunno. I like 'im.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #157234 on: May 13, 2015, 10:48:45 pm »

I wonder how DF would be described using only the ten hundred words used most often.
Help small people build a colony under the ground, get a lot of food to eat and things to wear, and protect them from bad people. Make their history. Trade things with less bad people if you can't get enough food or other things on your own. Do a lot of science with hot and wet rock.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157235 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:07 am »

Here's the thing. I kind of liked Eccleston, but he came of as a little too serious all the time. Smith had the opposite problem, in that he seemed too silly, so it was hard to take him seriously when he was trying to be serious. Tennant struck that balance to me between goofy and serious. I could laugh at the jokes but still take him seriously when he got dark. I quit halfway through Smith, so I have yet to see Capaldi. All I've heard is that Moffat's writing kinda ruined the entire character starting around Capaldi's series.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157236 on: May 14, 2015, 12:45:39 am »

While browsing youtube videos for research, I'm pretty happy at the turn [some] ads take. They make moral lessons the foreground, and the advertised product as the background.
...Which somewhat made the product memorable too. :D

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157237 on: May 14, 2015, 12:55:47 am »

This "Ultron" movie or whatever was quite nice. Pretty obscure, though, I bet none of you have heard of it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #157238 on: May 14, 2015, 12:57:00 am »

Here's the thing. I kind of liked Eccleston, but he came of as a little too serious all the time. Smith had the opposite problem, in that he seemed too silly, so it was hard to take him seriously when he was trying to be serious. Tennant struck that balance to me between goofy and serious. I could laugh at the jokes but still take him seriously when he got dark. I quit halfway through Smith, so I have yet to see Capaldi. All I've heard is that Moffat's writing kinda ruined the entire character starting around Capaldi's series.
Moffat's writing isn't all bad. If you watch episode as its own story and don't get too bogged down with any overarching plot, it's not too bad.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157239 on: May 14, 2015, 01:02:59 am »

This "Ultron" movie or whatever was quite nice. Pretty obscure, though, I bet none of you have heard of it.
Why can't we take the "Ul" out of the movie and get "Age of Tron?" That actually sounds like some kind of Tron MMO.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #157240 on: May 14, 2015, 01:04:22 am »

Why can't we take the "Ul" out of the movie and get "Age of Tron?" That actually sounds like some kind of Tron MMO.
Because if there's one thing we know, it's that Tron movies have awful stories in spite of their nifty CG. :v

Oh the Who stuff, I think Eccleston wasn't so much serious as he was somewhat shellshocked at being the last man alive so far as his species was concerned.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:06:20 am by alway »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #157241 on: May 14, 2015, 01:09:51 am »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157242 on: May 14, 2015, 01:10:31 am »

While browsing youtube videos for research, I'm pretty happy at the turn [some] ads take. They make moral lessons the foreground, and the advertised product as the background.
...Which somewhat made the product memorable too. :D
I wish there were some way you could link us to an example...  Kinda curious.  I have to confess I sometimes forget Youtube ads exist.

As for Doctor Who, I think the episode I'm rewatching may be my favorite.  3:9, the one where he intentionally loses his memory and hides in the 1910's as a human.  The ending is... touching :(

The villains are cheesy as ever, but everyone else is just fascinating.  The human Doctor, the students going off to war, Martha Jones, even the "love interest".  So much depth for a 50-minute episode.

Because if there's one thing we know, it's that Tron movies have awful stories in spite of their nifty CG. :v

Oh the Who stuff, I think Eccleston wasn't so much serious as he was somewhat shellshocked at being the last man alive so far as his species was concerned.
The hell you say :P
I didn't see *anything* wrong with either Tron movie...  Like Doctor Who, made for different times yet both so good.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157243 on: May 14, 2015, 01:12:29 am »

I am in complete agreement, save that my stance on the Black Widow *this is padding so as to make it harder to guess who I'm talking about without highlighting* bit is more that it felt a bit clumsy and wasn't what I wanted out of the character for various reasons, but I'll need to reserve judgment before I call it anything worse than disappointing.

EDIT: But the important part is that it did deliver on everything that put me in the seat, and Ultron itself was a pleasant surprise. It's rare to see that sort of thing in a robovillain.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:21:16 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157244 on: May 14, 2015, 08:55:22 am »

I also saw Rage of Voltron yesterday. I also thought it was pretty good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 10481 10482 [10483] 10484 10485 ... 13325