Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10480 10481 [10482] 10483 10484 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773248 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157215 on: May 13, 2015, 07:15:57 pm »

But
but thanksgiving is dumb and D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #157216 on: May 13, 2015, 07:18:13 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157217 on: May 13, 2015, 07:27:17 pm »

Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157218 on: May 13, 2015, 07:28:25 pm »

Oi, take this cakeday and like it!  :P

Why do so many people have birthdays in April and May? Is August/July just mating season for humans?
-snip-
I'm sorry. :P
Huh. That's actually... highly probable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157219 on: May 13, 2015, 08:06:59 pm »

New XKCD book!

This looks frickin' AWEOMSE!

Oh god yes. Up goer five was the best. At least, it WAS the best. Now its got competition.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #157220 on: May 13, 2015, 08:07:55 pm »

New XKCD book!

This looks frickin' AWEOMSE!

Oh god yes. Up goer five was the best. At least, it WAS the best. Now its got competition.
I wonder how DF would be described using only the ten hundred words used most often.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157221 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:52 pm »

Don't bother, Randall already has spies in our midst.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157222 on: May 13, 2015, 08:26:00 pm »

Oi! Make a new one of the Map Of The Internet things! Or was it social media? ANYWAY, DO THAT :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157223 on: May 13, 2015, 09:51:55 pm »

Randall's recent interest in book deals suggests that the money from t-shirts with le witty xkcd quotes must be drying up.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157224 on: May 13, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157225 on: May 13, 2015, 09:59:38 pm »

In all seriousness, I'm not really mad - I enjoyed the What If? book and I'll probably get this one at some point. I'm just a bit irritated about the ongoing three-month freeze in What If? updates and I suspect it has something to do with this new book.

EDIT: I should clarify what I meant because I agree that it comes across as whiny and entitled. Seeing as Randall has previously made a living off xkcd from merchandise sales like posters and t-shirts, which don't require any work outside of what he already does for the (free) comic and What If?, I find it odd that he would suddenly switch to methods of "monetizing" (*shudder*) that require him to put in more work, unless the old ones aren't working any more.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:05:13 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157226 on: May 13, 2015, 10:11:54 pm »

maybe he wanted to write a book

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157227 on: May 13, 2015, 10:13:47 pm »

He could be taking one what-if? seriously and performing a three-month-long experiment.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #157228 on: May 13, 2015, 10:14:55 pm »

I honestly get a lot more of the "this was a really fun idea when I did it, and wanted to do more of it" feeling off of both of the books than "this is something I'm doing to make money because I need income". I own the What-if book, and I can therefore certainly say that there are a number of questions that wouldn't have been able to be answered in the size of a normal what-if post, yet were still very fun questions to learn the answers to (and were probably fun to research as well). And that's pretty much what Randal said when he released the What-if book; that he had some fun questions he wanted to go more in-depth with and he needed more space to do it in.

Similarly I get the same feeling with this project. Trying to describe things using only words from "the list" sounds a lot more like something you would do as a party game instead of as a serious project, yet he's making it into a book so we can enjoy and laugh at his efforts along with him. Yeah, there might be some brief halting of other things (like the What-if stuff) but honestly I can see enjoying a change of pace from what you've been doing for the past year or so, and it's his decision to chose what to spend his time on in the end.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157229 on: May 13, 2015, 10:15:07 pm »

EDIT: I should clarify what I meant because I agree that it comes across as whiny and entitled. Seeing as Randall has previously made a living off xkcd from merchandise sales like posters and t-shirts, which don't require any work outside of what he already does for the (free) comic and What If?, I find it odd that he would suddenly switch to methods of "monetizing" (*shudder*) that require him to put in more work, unless the old ones aren't working any more.

Considering the What If book massively increased his already constantly growing fanbase, I think it's just he really wanted to do it.  The Up Goer Five concept was one of the most widely circulated gags he ever made.  After the smashing success of the What If book, he probably thought, "what else do I want to make a book with?"
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 10480 10481 [10482] 10483 10484 ... 13325