Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10471 10472 [10473] 10474 10475 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780177 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157080 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »

Things are happening on Bay12.  Janet and Aqizzar both making returns on the same day.

Those things are tangentially related.  Well, I guess less tangentially than just being the same time.

Anyway yeah.  I don't like needing to mumble to keep my thoughts organized since I've been caught doing it before, but it's pretty easy to control when you don't get carried away with something.

When I'm alone I tend to pace too.  Makes me think I must look neurotic, even though pacing used to be a perfectly acceptable thing, as recently as whenever Ducktales was made.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157081 on: May 11, 2015, 09:06:26 pm »

Things are happening on Bay12.  Janet and Aqizzar both making returns on the same day.
Next, Scamps is going to post, and the world will end.

Also, hi, Aquizzar, who I vaguely remember but am unfamiliar with.
Clearly.

I've read words in dreams before. It's not super-often, or anything (Then again, I usually haven't been able to recall my dreams lately) but I've had that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157082 on: May 11, 2015, 09:07:13 pm »

^This. I probably read too much. I'm also the only person I know who's ever actually read words in a dream.
No, no. Make that at least two.

Though I've just straight up read from like books before. And computer screens. There was this one terrible dream I spent mostly browsing fanfiction.net and there were the most amazing stories on that damned thing and then I woke up. Dreambrain's invented whole texts whole cloth for me, though, or at least bits of 'em. Cover, binding, and everything.
I have had more dreams than I can properly remember where I was sat in bed reading. Then I'd wake up thinking I'd fallen asleep while reading, grope around a bit to try and find the book, and then realise that it was a dream.
It is such a phenomenally stupid thing to happen, but it still does.

NINJEDIT: Pacing is totally fine. Who says it isn't?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157083 on: May 11, 2015, 09:07:29 pm »

When I'm alone I tend to pace too.  Makes me think I must look neurotic, even though pacing used to be a perfectly acceptable thing, as recently as whenever Ducktales was made.
Better'n standing still, that's what I always say.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157084 on: May 11, 2015, 09:11:30 pm »

*Didn't notice the mention of pacing until now*

I pace around all the time.
Better'n standing still, that's what I always say.
^

And if you're worried about looking neurotic, just start cackling like a mad scientist if anyone notices you doing it. Maybe start wringing your hands, and practice your death stare.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #157085 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:38 pm »

Yeah, I definitely have internal dialogues. Mainly me admonishing my libido

I've always understood written thought processes in books because that's literally how my brain thinks of things, as though I'm a character in a book. I sometimes even picture the words I'm thinking of as literal words on a page.

^This. I probably read too much. I'm also the only person I know who's ever actually read words in a dream. True, it was instructions printed on the underbelly of a kitten and it was mostly random, but it was words.
Words are pretty static and normal to me in dreams. I learned this after realizing that I can't reality check by looking at words. Of course, it's still nonsensical like a school plaque saying "PICKLED SARDINES" and such.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157086 on: May 11, 2015, 09:29:42 pm »

Words are pretty static and normal to me in dreams. I learned this after realizing that I can't reality check by looking at words. Of course, it's still nonsensical like a school plaque saying "PICKLED SARDINES" and such.
That sounds like an awesome school.
The Derail Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157087 on: May 11, 2015, 09:33:27 pm »

Hey, Aqizzar. I think I sorta remember you from the feudalism thing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157088 on: May 11, 2015, 09:42:03 pm »

I remember a recent dream where I was semi-sucessfully reading a shrubbery, so eh.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #157089 on: May 11, 2015, 09:43:48 pm »

I do inner monologues when I'm playing chess, since it requires plans that I can't just write down on paper.
Not so much in chess (Mainly because I haven't played chess in god knows how long), but I always do that when programming. Even when I've written down everything I'm doing. Even when I've mapped out the entire file in psuedocode, I *WILL* mutter what I'm doing and what that causes, invariably. I'm pretty sure my friends think I'm crazy :P
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157090 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »

Hey, Aqizzar. I think I sorta remember you from the feudalism thing?

Do you have any idea how many years ago that was?  If you do, don't say anything, I don't want to think about it.

Twas the finest hour of my apathy-based governance.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #157091 on: May 11, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »

My thought stream is definitely all words and breathing noises. I don't recall any abstract concepts for... years, I guess, and very few image-like thoughts; I have to work to picture an image of something without drawing it out. Words, though, words and numbers are how I think. What I put down in typing and post? That's generally my thoughts verbatim, exactly how they are in my head. I can do math in my head pretty well, too, but I can't really really say I think in any way that ISN'T considered a constant internal monolog.

Even when trying to go to sleep, I'm admonishing myself for being unable to sleep, telling myself to count something, or coming up with new ideas, or trying to tell my own brain to be quite and shut down the stream of words (failing to do so) so that I can sleep. Even when I think of my brain as a computer, it's still in a stream of words (Including "computer", "Shut down", or "reboot"). Maybe sometimes my brain will skip a word, and fill it in after the fact, but that's how it works. It's still in words.

NINJEDIT: Pacing is totally fine. Who says it isn't?
My parents.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157092 on: May 11, 2015, 09:53:37 pm »

I talk to myself plenty of the time, but usually it's certain jokes or quotes i've heard earlier and I'm trying to nail the punchline delivery.
Which is weird when my roommate sees me coming out of the shower going 'The Cake was frosted'; 'The cake was Frosted'; THE CAKE... WAS FROSTED'.

I ventured out into the wilderness to discover myself.  Instead I discovered that the wilderness sucks and nobody should venture there.

How poignant. Tossing up whether or not to sig that.

Also, hello.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157093 on: May 11, 2015, 09:55:15 pm »

Three things:

1. Mashed potato is delicious.

2. I wish I'd given myself some stupid name when I signed up for Bay12, so that I could later confuse the heck out of  everyone by changing it to Yoink (which is what I use pretty much everywhere ever). Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.

3. I usually have an inner dialogue, too. Basically it's just me thinking by imagining a conversation with someone (or a Bay12 post) about whatever I'm currently thinking about. At least, this is what I used to do all the time. I'm not sure if I still do it, I think I've just stopped noticing it. I'll have to pay more attention to my thoughts.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #157094 on: May 11, 2015, 10:08:10 pm »

I can't really ascribe a language to my thoughts, except to those that go from thoughts -> word-thoughts. I don't think I really think of myself with a name, either, except when I'm thinking out loud.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 10471 10472 [10473] 10474 10475 ... 13325