Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10470 10471 [10472] 10473 10474 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778933 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157065 on: May 11, 2015, 08:47:31 pm »

People actually have an "inner dialogue"? I always thought that was just a thing that happens in stories so the author can lazily tell you what a character is thinking.
People actually have an "inner dialogue"? I always thought that was just a thing that happens in stories so the author can lazily tell you what a character is thinking.
Well, sure. If you have multiple personality disorder, that is.

Inner monologue is perfectly normal.
I do inner monologues when I'm playing chess, since it requires plans that I can't just write down on paper.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #157066 on: May 11, 2015, 08:48:14 pm »

I tend to form a sort of semi-coherent monologue where half the time random images and sounds related to what I'm thinking about coalesce in my mind and the other half is mentally talking to myself.
-snip-
Same here.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157067 on: May 11, 2015, 08:49:49 pm »

On the username thing; The only reason I have my username is because I can't think of anything better than it, even though it's really kinda bad and doesn't really fit me anymore. thatandidon'twannabotherthetoad

Also, actual thread related thing;

I'm happy today; my cold's finally going away, and I also discovered that stores are selling 12 packs of canned Mtn Dew Voltage. Delicious, delicious dew.  :D
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157068 on: May 11, 2015, 08:52:00 pm »

Yeah, I definitely have internal dialogues. Mainly me admonishing my libido

I've always understood written thought processes in books because that's literally how my brain thinks of things, as though I'm a character in a book. I sometimes even picture the words I'm thinking of as literal words on a page.

^This. I probably read too much. I'm also the only person I know who's ever actually read words in a dream. True, it was instructions printed on the underbelly of a kitten and it was mostly random, but it was words.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157069 on: May 11, 2015, 08:53:36 pm »

A bowl of mashed potatoes with about 5 ounces of melted extra sharp cheddar. Food is a running theme in happies for Bauglir.
Ooh. Mashed potatoes, you say? Something I've been doing recently is cooking this spicy teriyaki beef noodle stuff,* mixing it with a pack of ramen to diffuse the spicy, then shoving mashed potatoes in it until it's this just-barely-this-side-of-thick soup thing, then adding cheese and cinnamon. Feeds me for like two days, and is this amazing pseudo-sweet gruel thing. Entirely too good for something that should ostensibly taste horrible.

Also chinman! Hello here, too, chinman!

*Nissan chow mien, to be precise -- folks have been picking it up for me when they're out, and they've been consistently getting the wrong kind, so I've been getting creative trying to de-kick the spicy version.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #157070 on: May 11, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »

Oh hey, I guess I tend to sub-vocalize too. I also tend to uh, mentally vocalize my thoughts sometimes as well, though it sometimes seems as though I'm hurriedly speaking, though everything is still clearly understood.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157071 on: May 11, 2015, 08:55:59 pm »

I sing along to things sub-vocally sometimes. All of the benefits of following a tune with none of the downsides of making everyone around want you dead.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157072 on: May 11, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »

Also chinman! Hello here, too, chinman!

I ventured out into the wilderness to discover myself.  Instead I discovered that the wilderness sucks and nobody should venture there.

Good to be back.

*Nissan chow mien, to be precise

I am now picturing baked noodles sponsored by an auto company.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #157073 on: May 11, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »

Hey Aqizzar! Long time no see. Good to have you back dude.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157074 on: May 11, 2015, 08:59:30 pm »

Yeah, I definitely have internal dialogues. Mainly me admonishing my libido
Ahem.

Hello~

wait shit you're 15 abort abort
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157075 on: May 11, 2015, 09:00:59 pm »

Always nice to know sub-vocalizing isn't something nobody else in the world does.  I do that kind of thing all the time just because I find my thoughts a lot easier to streamline by slowing them down to the speed of talking.
Aye, this happens a lot, too. Especially when trying to think through a difficult problem. Keeps me from jumping around too much. Also, hopy shit, you're not dead! Congratulations, where've you been? Ah, the wilderness. I assume it now lies broken in your wake.

-snip-
This sounds like madness. I'll have to give it a try sometime. Even weirder than the pasta sauce I threw together today composed chiefly of braunschweiger and mustard.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #157076 on: May 11, 2015, 09:01:35 pm »

Things are happening on Bay12.  Janet and Aqizzar both making returns on the same day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157077 on: May 11, 2015, 09:01:42 pm »

Oh hey, WB Aqizzar. Or should I say Aquizzar?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157078 on: May 11, 2015, 09:01:59 pm »

^This. I probably read too much. I'm also the only person I know who's ever actually read words in a dream.
No, no. Make that at least two.

Though I've just straight up read from like books before. And computer screens. There was this one terrible dream I spent mostly browsing fanfiction.net and there were the most amazing stories on that damned thing and then I woke up. I'm pretty sure I actually literally cried a little when I checked and they weren't there. Dreambrain's invented whole texts whole cloth for me, though, or at least bits of 'em. Cover, binding, and everything.

... and yeah, I guess it's nissin? Bah, it's all the same vowel to me.

And yeah, throw another person in the "Talks to themselves in their head pile". It's usually either words, music, or silence. I don't actually seem to do abstract ideas much, at least that I notice. Imagery barely happens at all if I'm not outright dreaming, though that seems more like an artifact of the visual snow than anything.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:05:32 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #157079 on: May 11, 2015, 09:03:10 pm »

Things are happening on Bay12.  Janet and Aqizzar both making returns on the same day.
Next, Scamps is going to post, and the world will end.

Also, hi, Aquizzar, who I vaguely remember but am unfamiliar with.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 10470 10471 [10472] 10473 10474 ... 13325