Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10469 10470 [10471] 10472 10473 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780977 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157050 on: May 11, 2015, 07:55:50 pm »

People actually have an "inner dialogue"? I always thought that was just a thing that happens in stories so the author can lazily tell you what a character is thinking.
Well, sure. If you have multiple personality disorder, that is.

Inner monologue is perfectly normal.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157051 on: May 11, 2015, 08:00:53 pm »

When I say dialogue, I more mean that my thoughts tend to be phrased as a conversation, moreso than that there's multiple participants. I am not the particular brand of attention-craving that asserts mental disorders of dubious reality, yet extreme media popularity. There are definitely words, though! Other things, too, of course, but lots of words.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #157052 on: May 11, 2015, 08:02:54 pm »

I also think it should be almost impossible to read people's mind, like when the movies do it, he sees a image or movie, or something, but when I'm thinking I'm not able to make images in my mind... I just hear words that describe it. Even weirder when you start thinking in a language and remembers something from another thinks of a idiom from yet other and sets the meta-thought to another one. The words just start shifting randomly between the four languages.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157053 on: May 11, 2015, 08:04:55 pm »

When I say dialogue, I more mean that my thoughts tend to be phrased as a conversation, moreso than that there's multiple participants. I am not the particular brand of attention-craving that asserts mental disorders of dubious reality, yet extreme media popularity. There are definitely words, though! Other things, too, of course, but lots of words.
See, I don't think I get that. The only time words are involved are if I'm trying to think specifically about a thing where words are involved, like talking or typing. The rest of the time it's just abstract ideas.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157054 on: May 11, 2015, 08:09:23 pm »

When I'm doing something complicated I often mutter to myself.  It's mostly to put my thoughts in order, as if I'm explaining them to someone, but once I get started I kinda get into it.  Chiding myself for mistakes, joking about the problem and chuckling, etc.  It would probably seem really weird to an observer, but it's super helpful when I need to concentrate.  I used to use my dad or brother this way, and they me, but this is more efficient...  Also it can be incredibly boring listening to someone monologue, particularly about a thing you don't understand.  After a point they weren't even pretending to follow (or in dad's case, listen), so this was the natural next step.

I don't ever use names though, since I'm hardly even talking to myself exactly.  It's more like making an audiolog without actually recording.  Like how taking notes in class always helped me remember, even though I hardly ever read what I wrote afterwards.

(It's also fun to appear like a mad scientist.  Hehe, hyess)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #157055 on: May 11, 2015, 08:09:33 pm »

I tend to get ideas that are like words, but I have to put effort in to make them actual words in my mind.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157056 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:49 pm »

I've noticed the same thing, when I'm working over a problem of some sort my thoughts tend to become more coherent, and thus expressed in a more orderly way, which means words and sentences.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157057 on: May 11, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »

See, I don't think I get that. The only time words are involved are if I'm trying to think specifically about a thing where words are involved, like talking or typing. The rest of the time it's just abstract ideas.
I tend to hold purely one-sided conversations in my head when I need to pass time and have nothing else to do. Mostly pick a random subject and start "talking" about it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #157058 on: May 11, 2015, 08:29:20 pm »

A bowl of mashed potatoes with about 5 ounces of melted extra sharp cheddar. Food is a running theme in happies for Bauglir.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #157059 on: May 11, 2015, 08:30:40 pm »

My name is literally perfect. It will never change.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157060 on: May 11, 2015, 08:41:25 pm »

Wow, Janet/the-one-with-the-hair changed their username. Nice to know they're alive.

Arcvasti is literally the best username I've ever come up with. It sounds like an actual thing without sounding normal, its got snazzy looking letter shapes and is eight letters long.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157061 on: May 11, 2015, 08:41:53 pm »

I've always understood written thought processes in books because that's literally how my brain thinks of things, as though I'm a character in a book. I sometimes even picture the words I'm thinking of as literal words on a page.

Although considering my tendency to take things very literally and directly, I guess it's not too surprising to me.

I also mutter to myself a lot (Well, moreso moving my lips as if speaking, without actually forming the verbal components.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #157062 on: May 11, 2015, 08:43:44 pm »

I'm rather attached to my user name too.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157063 on: May 11, 2015, 08:45:20 pm »

I also mutter to myself a lot (Well, moreso moving my lips as if speaking, without actually forming the verbal components.)

Always nice to know sub-vocalizing isn't something nobody else in the world does.  I do that kind of thing all the time just because I find my thoughts a lot easier to streamline by slowing them down to the speed of talking.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157064 on: May 11, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »

My minds too jumbled that I'm not sure I can apply "words" or "images" to how I normally think. It's enough that when I DO think in images or words, it's novel and stands out and I remember it more. (can't force it though :P)

Best I can give you is the idea of thinking in concepts :v Not words or images though.

re Names: I like my name because it's so stupid in how I came about to it, and can be pronounced two different ways that change the meaning. "De-Scan" or "Des[k]-Can."

I go with the second myself, because I thought of it when I was drinking a can of pop at my desk. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 10469 10470 [10471] 10472 10473 ... 13325