Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10443 10444 [10445] 10446 10447 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785256 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Did the finals for the belgian informatics olympiad.
EVERYTHING WENT BETTER THAN EXPECTED.

I came in 9th out of 20 participants and won a Raspberry Pi (B model), which makes me very happy.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Congratulations, miauw! If that's what you get for placing ninth, I don't want to know what the other winners get :P
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Well, the best four got a ticket to the IOI in Kazakhstan and the other people that placed above me got the xkcd what-if book and an arduino robot thingy :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

No school on Monday!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Guys.

New Banjo-Kazooie style platformer made by the guys who made Banjo-Kazooie & Donkey Kong Country.

With the graphics artist from Banjo-Kazooie and Viva Pinata.

With David Wise from Donky Kong Country and Grant Kirkhope from Banjo-Kazooie and DK64 working on the soundtrack.

And a Kickstarter with a goal of £175,000. Currently at £1,126,951. With 45 days remaining for more funding.

Guys. It's happening. I'm hyped.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Ya 1920's rock
Took almost two hours last minute to find a pocket watch for the outfit, ended up replacing the chain with some brass chain from hardware store so it looked right.
May or may not post picture of me in as zoot suity as I could get and GF in flapper dress with homemade headband and costume pearl necklace.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Can't say I'm actually excited about that one.
It looks too much like... well, exactly like B-K mixed with DK64, which as you've said were made by this same team.

What I'm saying is it looks like it was designed for the N64, without taking advantage of modern hardware; and they're basically reinventing the same characters, without really innovating in any way.

It's really, really cool that the old Rare team is working on a new game, but I'd expect something, you know, actually new from them. They used to be so inventive and creative, it's disappointing to watch that video and see nothing happening. The coolest thing is expanding the worlds using the things you collect, but it's been done; especially by the "voxel genre" like Minecraft and Terraria. I guess it's nice to see in a non-voxel game, but I doubt that it will be expanding in anything but a pre-set manner. I'm sure all the end-game worlds will look exactly alike between play-throughs, is what I'm saying.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

But my nostalgia-tinted glasses!
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The coolest thing is expanding the worlds using the things you collect, but it's been done; especially by the "voxel genre" like Minecraft and Terraria. I guess it's nice to see in a non-voxel game, but I doubt that it will be expanding in anything but a pre-set manner. I'm sure all the end-game worlds will look exactly alike between play-throughs, is what I'm saying.

that's like complaining that dwarf fortress doesn't have enough guns in it

you really shouldn't be expecting that to begin with because the very concept was never brought up

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:36:25 pm by penguinofhonor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

The coolest thing is expanding the worlds using the things you collect, but it's been done; especially by the "voxel genre" like Minecraft and Terraria. I guess it's nice to see in a non-voxel game, but I doubt that it will be expanding in anything but a pre-set manner. I'm sure all the end-game worlds will look exactly alike between play-throughs, is what I'm saying.

that's like complaining that dwarf fortress doesn't have enough guns in it

you really shouldn't be expecting that to begin with because the very concept was never brought up
They mention it on their kickstarter page actually. One of the main collectibles serves as a "currency" and can also be used to "expand" worlds, whatever that will mean.

Although this was also done in Banjo Kazooie with the musical notes being used to unlock deeper portions of the world hub and allowing access to later levels.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm saying that that doesn't sound anything like procedurally generated levels.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Au contrare. It is mentioned several times on their Kickstarter page, just not in the video.

Collect-em-up 2.0: A roster of shiny collectibles with gameplay progression at their core (as well as other, more valuable materials). Every collectible type in our new game will expand gameplay in a meaningful way. Yes, we employ the man responsible for DK64's myriad of trinkets, but we've had a stern word. Our main collectible, Pagies, are used to unlock and expand new worlds in Yooka-Laylee.

Expandable Worlds: Experience more of the playgrounds you love by spending collectibles to expand your favourites into bigger, more challenging worlds.

During their adventures Yooka and Laylee will complete challenges to unlock and collect Pagies. These golden collectibles are the main currency in the game, used not only to unlock new worlds but expand them too.
In the jungle world showcased in this Kickstarter for example, new islands containing advanced features and challenges will become available once you’ve decided to hand your Pagies over to the world-building construction crew.

Don’t give a monkey’s? Spend your Pagies elsewhere. If you desire, world expansion can be ignored entirely and you can hop, skip and roll your way through the standard worlds towards the final boss lurking in his or her mighty keep. And once the pivotal villain is nought but ash on the pavement, you can still opt to explore the expanded worlds with your full moveset post-credits to hunt down those leftover Pagies.

Basically, it's "collect these to unlock these doors", which is very DK64-ish, except the doors are optional now and dressed up as building bigger worlds, instead of actually building bigger worlds which would have been SO cool.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Morel season. Time to go mushroom hunting in da woods o.o
Why do I keep hearing about this recently? What's Morels, eh?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Morel season. Time to go mushroom hunting in da woods o.o
Why do I keep hearing about this recently? What's Morels, eh?
Mushrooms.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 10443 10444 [10445] 10446 10447 ... 13325