Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10418 10419 [10420] 10421 10422 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758852 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

that looks dangerously dank

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

The dankest thing I've ever seen.

Also hilariously awesome.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

So baaaaad. Gonna be fun to watch and mock, that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

It's going to be fun, I'm sure :)

Something else... this guy is insanely inspiring.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Alienware graphics amplifier is not working for me which makes me sad because I invested time and effort in this rig, and it's turning out to be a bit of a fiasco. Ought to have done for an ultrathin PC with a bigger processor, and stick to Dwarf Fortress and other non-3D intensive games... which make up the core of my gaming anyway. And I'd be able to lug it around more easily.

Dwarf Fortress, Darkest Dungeon, Dominions 3, Tales of Maj'eyal, OpenXcom. These have been my most frequent time sinks in the last six months. I dont need a buff graphics card (or even a moderatedly decent one) to run those. They'd go fine with an intel integrated one.

On the plus side.... Age of Wonders 3 Eternal Lords runs fine... at it's low-res settings. That's something I guess. :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Alienware graphics amplifier is not working for me which makes me sad because I invested time and effort in this rig, and it's turning out to be a bit of a fiasco. Ought to have done for an ultrathin PC with a bigger processor, and stick to Dwarf Fortress and other non-3D intensive games... which make up the core of my gaming anyway. And I'd be able to lug it around more easily.

Dwarf Fortress, Darkest Dungeon, Dominions 3, Tales of Maj'eyal, OpenXcom. These have been my most frequent time sinks in the last six months. I dont need a buff graphics card (or even a moderatedly decent one) to run those. They'd go fine with an intel integrated one.

On the plus side.... Age of Wonders 3 Eternal Lords runs fine... at it's low-res settings. That's something I guess. :/
Mainly a reason why I didn't buy into the graphics=good game crowd (I did, but I was in my single digits at the time). I like to have some longevity to playing some games (or at least the thing playing them, and the overall availability of it's range). Sure, Unreal Tournament looks dated now, but at that time, the graphics are as good as today's back then (but the real question is, am I having fun?). That's how I saw it. Sometimes, even my imagination fills in the blanks (I've caught myself seeing that game with UT3-level graphics, with the classic UT99 game; I guess I was tired.) while I play.

Got especially trippy when I tossed in characters and monsters from other games from other eras into that game (GMod has it's moments). Doom 3 demons in UT99? What's more fun is comparing different eras of series from one another. Doom 3 demons are pathetically weak against Doom 1/2 weapons. Far fewer shots needed, not to mention, Doom 1/2 shotguns also double as sniper rilfes with auto-aim (Super shotgun works more like a flak gun). That's always fun.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:24:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Wana post a couple of scans? I can translate if you want.
So I'm home, and I have photos of the book. It's not a book of fairy tales - it's something else, not sure what. I just got it mixed up with the other German book I found, which is a 1956 DDR edition of the brothers Grimm. This one is something, though - I just noticed it has a dedication and a shop stamp on it. To elaborate:

Spoiler: The cover (click to show/hide)
If I get the script right, it says "Lieblingsgeschichten" which is like..."favorite stories"? "Love stories"? No idea.

The dedication says "To dear daughter Katia, from father and mother. 1899, April 23rd." I have no relatives named Katia in that time period...I think. Might have to check with my grandmother. I think there's also an advertisement for Robinson Crusoe... I think that's an advertisement, anyway.

Spoiler: The title page (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Probably the foreword (click to show/hide)

The stamp says "Shop...Mogi...20r." In post-Revolutionary orthography, which means it was really fucking expensive - 20 Soviet roubles is no small deal. "Mogi..." might be Mogilev in Belarus, but it's likely that it's something else. Near the stamp, there are almost illegible crayon marks - I dunno if you can see them in the picture - which say something like "20r...1626...w42". If the "42" in this equation is the year, then it's fucking insane - who would buy a German book...that is fifty years old...during WWII...for twenty goddamn roubles? Plus, my great-grandparents were in Leningrad at that time soldiering and doing medicine and trying not to starve, so I don't think they had much time for that. And grandpa and grandma were little at the time and certainly not in possession of twenty roubles to spend on a book in a language they didn't know then. This is all super exciting.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:59:38 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

That's freaking incredible.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Kinda hesitant to post my happy since that is nothing comparatively to that book (seriously while I couldn't even identify that language myself that book looks like it not just has curiosity value it looks like it could be expensive too).  I wanna know what that stuff says too!

My happy anyway,
Went to eat at a Mexican restaurant with family I haven't seen in 10 years.  While I wasn't a fan of the food (it all either was super spicy hot or had far too many greens on it, I figured steak would be safe, no such luck.) it was fun to catch up with family.  Actually heard some funny stories from my cousins where they would get in trouble with police or be picking eachother up from a party and having to prove that they are actually brother and sister. (One of my cousins is adopted, and she is super dark black, and the rest of the family is white)

Is this why people like this whole 'socializing' thing?  Maybe I need to do it more often.  It was kinda fun.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was feeling nostalgic today. Went and found my old Starcraft: Brood War and Warcraft 3 discs. Installing now, and I can't wait to have fun with them like I did when I was half my age now, maybe less. XD

Its a nice feeling when no matter how old a game is, you can still enjoy playing it. :)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

I've discovered that my school library has a ton of manga, which has allowed me to start reading InuYasha. Which is amazing. And after school I went to a party held by the music club, which yay new and good friends+pizza+good music

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Live action Attack on Titan trailer

Was feeling nostalgic today. Went and found my old Starcraft: Brood War and Warcraft 3 discs. Installing now, and I can't wait to have fun with them like I did when I was half my age now, maybe less. XD

Its a nice feeling when no matter how old a game is, you can still enjoy playing it. :)
I could probably do that too. I have them all attached to my battle.net account so I can just download them whenever~

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

Today is a great day:

1. I have finished exams.
B. I have a job for the summer.
4. I had beers with an old teacher.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 10418 10419 [10420] 10421 10422 ... 13325