Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10412 10413 [10414] 10415 10416 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753350 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Played Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode for the first time in a very long time. Started as an unskilled Elf in a tree. Struggled briefly to figure out the new climbing system to descend from the treetop, listened in on some conversations about neighboring kingdoms the local elves were having, and set out with my wood shield and sword in search of Dwarves. Failed in my attempts to hunt and eat some boars, and began to starve and dehydrate until I stumbled on a patch of wild spinach and some muddy water that kept me going. Journeyed for a few more days, climbing into trees to sleep at night, and scaling cliffs using roots and rough rocks. Eventually reached a tunnel spiraling down into the mountains, descending into the tunnels to find a shop full of old cheese and a mysterious lack of a shopkeeper. Ate my fill, and eventually wandered into a dark smeltery chamber warmed by open magma vents, hoping to find someone to talk to. Instead, suddenly Dragon. Ate my foot in a few seconds while I swatted feebly with my wooden sword. I tried to crawl away under my shield, before I caught fire, bled out, and it presumably ate the rest of me.

Still as convoluted as ever, but it's quite cool just how robust and deep a fantasy adventure generator/simulator it's become. The depth and breadth of options for interaction with the environment, and the sense of history and place it creates for a narrative with no author (in the traditional sense), is really impressive.

Cheese-filled human. Yummy!
Love, scriver~

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Temporarily have absurdly fast Internet.
I mean, a download speed of 3.96MB/sec! That's just ridiculous for my house.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

No school today! Two of my teachers are ill, and I'm too lazy to go to school for just one hour.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My adept time-management skills made me Happy today. :D
I managed to get shit done, tidy up my room+the bathroom, go for a walk, buy a coffee and snacks, and get back just in time to meet the landlord for the first time as he was leaving, whilst avoiding having to make conversation. Brilliant. Also I enrolled in some online Management (yes, really) course to simultaneously give me something to do for the next ten months or so as well as keep my job agency off my back so I keep getting free money without having to actually apply for a ludicrous number of jobs.

I am a fuckin' genius. Also I'm eating pringles. Yummy sour cream and onion pringles.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I'm eating cake! Sandwich Cake! Egg, ham, cheese, tomato, salad, cucumber, paprika, shrimp, mayonaisse, dressing. In a cake!
Love, scriver~

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

No school today! Two of my teachers are ill, and I'm too lazy to go to school for just one hour.
Awesome, I got two days off here due to a civic day.
Am I the only one that wants lemonpie old avatar back?
I mean, epilepsy isn't good, but that thing is downright creepy.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I made a friend today :)
That is all.
You may continue with your lives in 3...2...1...
And continue.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

PayPal customer service is amazing.

<3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Possibly.

...New Happy: I think... I think I just discovered the best song in the world. I have tears of joy in my eyes just from hearing it.
Oh man. Oh man. I need to learn to make music like this. This is the best thing ever.
https://tubaskinny.bandcamp.com/track/too-tight
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I'm revising on Duolingo for the first time in months, and doing really well. It's nice to have that satisfaction of doing really well every now and then.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

It's like they saw B grade horror and went "let's dial it up to 11"
Instead it looks like a highschool drama project.

2/10 find a better femsatire.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It's like they saw B grade horror and went "let's dial it up to 11"
Instead it looks like a highschool drama project.

2/10 find a better femsatire.
this pretty much.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I'll be honest; that trailer was legitimately so absurdly bad that it was hilarious. I would watch this movie just to laugh at the producers as I leave.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10412 10413 [10414] 10415 10416 ... 13325