Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10393 10394 [10395] 10396 10397 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766832 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Happy thread is for happy, not for lampooning!

For actual happy, I remembered my mom's Netflix password.

Sadly there are only 5 profiles, and 7 of us.

The upside is that I hijacked the profile of one of my sisters and changed its name to "MIKE WAZOWSKI" :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Random link to a youtube video told me that there was an actual Les Miserables movie.
AND I'M LATE 3 YEARS ;_;
Yes I get the difference in cinematography and voice, but context matters. :P

Whaaat, how did you not know this? I'm so sad! That's one of my favorite films! I streamed it not so long after it came out :<
Oh hum :<
I can't do video streaming! D:
Thanks for the note though! I am totally watching clip by clip and wondering where to buy this gem!
Tchka! Amazon!
I have never tried ordering anything online before (ie games and otherwise, on Steam or otherwise...) x_x
But thanks for the link. I now know what exactly to ask for. :3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

It's really really easy. You add it to your shopping cart and check out. Then you just put in your address, double check it to make sure it's right, put in your credit info (or go through paypal/etc. if you prefer) and then click "purchase". After you verify that all the info is right you wait a couple of days (or weeks, depending on your shipping method), possibly logging in occasionally to view your package tracking, and then go get your mail!

Ordering things online is like how I get a fair portion of my stuff. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

It's really really easy. You add it to your shopping cart and check out. Then you just put in your address, double check it to make sure it's right, put in your credit info (or go through paypal/etc. if you prefer) and then click "purchase". After you verify that all the info is right you wait a couple of days (or weeks, depending on your shipping method), possibly logging in occasionally to view your package tracking, and then go get your mail!

Ordering things online is like how I get a fair portion of my stuff. :P
That bit is somewhat not manifested yet. :P
But yeah, in the least I've got local stores (with very nice personnel). Thanks though for the notes. :)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

You might be able to buy a prepaid gift card somewhere, and those can be used online. Dunno if they're available wherever you live though.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might be able to buy a prepaid gift card somewhere, and those can be used online. Dunno if they're available wherever you live though.
This right here will work too.

Thinking about related topics, with the number of people these days (myself and several of my friends included) that don't carry cash at all it makes you kinda wonder how pickpockets survive. Increased number of cell phone thefts I guess.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I always carry many dollars in cash. Mostly so that I can maintain the running joke among my friends that I am obscenely rich.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Haha its funny because its a serious thing and you aren't taking it seriously.
Technically for something to be funny it has to be at least a little bad:
Humor happens when you manage to land in the area where bad things are possible, but not (from that person's point of view, in their exact mind frame, at the particular moment that they are told the joke) probable. I mean personally? I can find just about anything, no matter how bad, funny with a little bit of work and timing. Even things that directly affect me I can usually take in a black humor sort of way, and I'd be hard presses to think of things that I couldn't think of a scenario in which they would be funny.

That shart is stupidly simplistic. Humor does not work like that.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

That shart is stupidly simplistic. Humor does not work like that.

You could say...  it's a crappy depiction.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:19:11 am by penguinofhonor »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Yeah, the name for that is sociopath.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't verify how authentic it is or not. All I can tell you is that the original place where it appeared was in the book "The Humor Code", by Peter McGraw, a professor of psychology and marketing at University of Colorado. He's also the current director of the Humor Research Lab.

Now this is a guy who has made a large chunk of his life on the study of humor, and I don't know about you, but personally I'm several years of research, and a degree or two short of having the knowledge base required to honestly debate his theories on a scientific level.

I googled that chart and found it on some pick-up artist pages talking about how you can violate social norms to seduce women. I'm going to say it's probably a very crappy depiction.
Random location you found a chart on the internet != to the original location, nor does it mean that the graph is necessarily connected in any real way to wherever you found it. I can find french nationalist pictures on illuminati sites, but that doesn't mean that the french government is run by the illuminati. :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

I googled that chart and found it on some pick-up artist pages talking about how you can violate social norms to seduce women. I'm going to say it's probably a very crappy depiction.
Err, the source is plainly stated in the post in question - it's from a book. By Dr. Peter McGraw (doctorate in Psychology) and Joel Warner. Took me literally five seconds of googling.

I'm no fan of the PUA scene, but that's the Hitler Ate Sugar fallacy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Slept in today, and arrived at my 8:00 class at 8:14. I was expecting to be challenged, or at least glared at walking in, but by some kind of crazy stroke of luck the professor was even later than I was. She takes attendance with these little radio polling devices at the beginning of class, so I wouldn't have got any points for the quiz at the end of the lecture. This is so people don't just walk in at the end of class and get the answers from their friends. She walked in about 2 minutes after I did, and was apparently stuck in traffic because of some kind of construction. Thanks civil service!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:20:44 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Err, the source is plainly stated in the post in question - it's from a book. By Dr. Peter McGraw (doctorate in Psychology) and Joel Warner. Took me literally five seconds of googling.

I'm no fan of the PUA scene, but that's the Hitler Ate Sugar fallacy.

I like calling it the "Hitler was a vegetarian fallacy". Or "argumentum ad Hitlerum".
Pages: 1 ... 10393 10394 [10395] 10396 10397 ... 13325