Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10376 10377 [10378] 10379 10380 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780680 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Nay, a bearded grapefruit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Nay, a big thick dictionary.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Forsooth! Ye must use a mage with a harp.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Heh.
I get it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
In a time before time, I had a name.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Magi-strum.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:14:53 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

Magi-strum.
This isn't too terrible.
Do you have more suggestion for avatar?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

It is time for a change. I believe that the age of data continuity is at an end for me. As I find time, I'm going to go through my backups and records and select what I actually need to keep, and destroy the rest. I've got years of papers going back to high school. That will end.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

No, why

A few megabytes are a tiny price to pay for a record of your life.  I never delete anything, and I really regret losing a lot of the stupid code and writing which I failed to back up.  And I'm only 28 (for a few more days yet...)  My mom found a cache of my elementary school writings and drawings a few months ago, and it was so different from what I expected.  Somewhat disturbing, but enlightening.  Don't rely on yourself and other people to remember.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

It's more a symbolic thing than anything to do with practical requirements. I like the idea of a clean slate, but there are few places in my life that I can afford to make that choice. Even here, I'll be preserving things that are of routine use, supply legal documentation, or are samples of work that I really would like to preserve. But I won't cling to my past more'n I have to. The future's a brighter place.

EDIT: I think I just experienced a gamma ray-induced bitflip error. An installation failed and returned "KeyError: 'spoovtooph'". Evidently there's a package installed here called spooftooph. 'f' is separated from 'v' by a single bit, and it worked flawlessly the second time. Might be some other weird error, but a man can dream.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:40:03 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Sometimes I like to write everything on a disc, delete it, and then forget where I put the disc.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm enjoying a baguette from a local bakery (which apparently wholesales to the local chain grocery store.)  They're amazing.  They're easy to bite into, yet they resist having a piece torn off.  And they have a slight sour taste (much less than proper sourdough) which is apparently due to some vinegar in the mix, according to the label.  Plus sea salt (ha) and potato flour (yay).

I guess there's a reason I buy one every time I go grocery shopping, it's a treat food.  And $3 for a full baguette isn't a terrible deal.  Yesterday I splurged on premade onion guacamole and used the baguette like chips, which was more pricey but worth it.

That sounds delicious.
I don't know if there are any decent bakeries around here... most of the ones I've seen look pretty dingy, and when I did buy a bread roll/mini-pizza-thing from one of the nicer-looking ones it was rather bland. I'll have to investigate more bakeries.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I have three weapons at my disposal to annihilate my ex in counseling and quickly and definitively turn her into the villain: my charisma, my sales skills, and the truth.

You do know that therapists are trained in neutrality as like, the key feature of the profession (especially marital and family therapists--I should know, I see one) and that you're not helping yourself in therapy with this stance, right? Word of advice--if you're in it to win it, then do your best to actually learn to communicate better. At worst, you'll learn more efficient ways of communicating how much you hate her and why you deserve to get what you want.
Dis wun, MZ :O
If you need any help in how to proceed, I could outline the general course of ethics which you may most probably expect. It's usually a case of noting the attitude, and encompassing the 180-degree 'against the person'.

Also the Orange. Vec got it gud. c:

Heh.
I get it.
Ha.
I don't.
...I got the reference. Text-game? I forgot but I know this thing. :3

Happy: I tried to explain my asexuality to classmates--I was :D that they can...see(?) it? XD
"There's a certain...well, you don't show the chemistrym y'know?"
Me:  :o  ??? "What?"
"It's like...<there's no flirtyness in your mannerisms>."
"<Oh, yes>, agreed. You're more <moving for true friends>."
Tagalog-English. translations in greaterthan/lesserthan signs.
...I can see the hilarity if I directly translated tagalog into english, in many contexts ._.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:52:25 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 10376 10377 [10378] 10379 10380 ... 13325