Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10362 10363 [10364] 10365 10366 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789371 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

That's a lotta Japa.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

We gotta stop Japa.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

According Japa's profile, he is 28 years old. Therefore, we can deduce that Japas double in number every 28 years, and that enables us to predict the number of Japas in existence at any given time.
As you can see on this chart, by the next century there will be 16 Japas in existence!
That's absurd. First of all, the assumption that the reproductive interval is 28 years is unfounded. A more sensible one would have Japa reach reproductive age at 28, and then continue to reproduce at a steady rate of #1 offspring per year.
Once the new Japas reach the empirically tested reproductive age, they make more Japas, and so on.
The correct extrapolation looks like this:
reaching 7910 Japas by the end of the century.
But what about the idea that multiple Japas might be born per yearly Japa? I suggest just trying to normalise the chance that two or even three Japas might be produced and go with 1.2 Japas are made by each Japa each year after they reach the 28 year mark.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:19:29 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

According Japa's profile, he is 28 years old. Therefore, we can deduce that Japas double in number every 28 years, and that enables us to predict the number of Japas in existence at any given time.
As you can see on this chart, by the next century there will be 16 Japas in existence!
That's absurd. First of all, the assumption that the reproductive interval is 28 years is unfounded. A more sensible one would have Japa reach reproductive age at 28, and then continue to reproduce at a steady rate of #1 offspring per year.
Once the new Japas reach the empirically tested reproductive age, they make more Japas, and so on.
The correct extrapolation looks like this:
reaching 7910 Japas by the end of the century.
But what about the idea that multiple Japas might be born per yearly Japa? I suggest just trying to find a median on the number of Japas produced and go with 1.2 Japas are made by each year after they reach the 28 year mark.
Additionally, your second graph is several years too short, as it doesn't go above 9000.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION OF MATERIAL ELASTICITY

EDIT: oh my god there's a maximum fracture value given shear_at_yield and I never realized it until I played around with this thing AWESOME

EDIT 2: Wait no it's just that DF completely ignores the part of the stress-strain curve past yield
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:01:02 pm by Putnam »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Got a loaf of peanut butter s'more bread going, although after popping it into the oven I remembered that one of my roommates is mildly allergic to peanuts, so I suppose I'll be bringing this sucker into the office and washing the pan with extra thoroughness and soap.

EDIT: I'm just glad I decided that butter pecan wouldn't be as tasty, because that turns out to be a life-threatening allergy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the Japocalypse.

In other news: I managed to sort stuff out, so I get paid in three days. Yay money!
And I still have drinking money for tomorrow! And the next day! And possibly the day after that depending on whether I'm alive! :D

Edit: Another Happy: I just saw the teaser trailer for season two of True Detective!
I still have very little idea what it's going to be like or how it's possibly going to follow the mammoth act of Season One, but Colin Farrell was wearing a bolo tie so I like it already. Bolo ties are adorable.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:01:17 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/04/09/touhou-official-english-translation/
So apparently there's gonna be a western release of touhou.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

In other news, all of the Macross franchise has been cleared for official English translation, the X-Men will be appearing in the next Avengersverse film, and Youtube has stopped heeding DMCA takedown notices.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

good golly gosh steven universe is amazing

like I don't really have anything else to say all i'm doing is work class and steven goddamn universe

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:17:39 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Oh, yeah! Noticed that as well. My mind however was in other places.
LIKE DEUS EX AUGH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Single most exciting piece of game news today. Much yes.

EDIT: Also, new desktop. Y'know, instead of real work. >________>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:38:14 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

>_>
<_<
A friend hugged me. I feel happy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Hugs are good for your health! :P

My kitty is here with me. She is adorable and soft. It will be a good night.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10362 10363 [10364] 10365 10366 ... 13325