Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10313 10314 [10315] 10316 10317 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762971 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Something American. I think it's kind of like UCAS scores but different.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

You can take AP tests without taking the classes, incidentally, unless they're science APs. I came in with 34 credit hours worth of AP's to college and get to triple-major as a result.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Advil fixed toothache. Koss ist happy to not be screaming in pain.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

And this was from the parents of the kid who did best in the class? Methinks someone is just a bit too used to success. I've known shitheads like this, pissed out of their minds that they got 96% instead of 98% or some other inane bullshit like that, who think the professor is "screwing them over" by giving them a lower A than they "deserve." I can't even imagine the frustration that must be inherent in being on the receiving end of that sort of vapid nonsense.

I don't know, the way I parsed it was that she was doing more than twice as well in his class compared to her other classes. The repeated complaints against her other professors would seem to hold with that. So, in other words, a lazy spoiled little shit who is possibly also stupid.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

You can take AP tests without taking the classes, incidentally, unless they're science APs. I came in with 34 credit hours worth of AP's to college and get to triple-major as a result.
Huh I don't think I knew that.  Not that I would have tried, the tests were hard enough already.

AP classes are Advanced Placement, basically college-level classes offered at some high schools.  I was fortunate to move to a well-off high school for my senior year, just in time to take some.  You take the class, then take a special standardized exam on the subject (Calculus, for example).  Based on that exam, most colleges will award various amounts of credit.

My score for Calculus was juuust high enough that they let me take Calculus 3 in my freshman year, and gave me full credit for calc 1 and 2.  Though there was some weird complication where if I had failed Calc 3, they would have made me take Calc 2 after all, since my AP test score was so close...  Strange stuff.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

And this was from the parents of the kid who did best in the class? Methinks someone is just a bit too used to success. I've known shitheads like this, pissed out of their minds that they got 96% instead of 98% or some other inane bullshit like that, who think the professor is "screwing them over" by giving them a lower A than they "deserve." I can't even imagine the frustration that must be inherent in being on the receiving end of that sort of vapid nonsense.
No, I think this was someone who was doing 25% in THIS class than they were in other classes, and that they were a sub-par student.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

No, I think this was someone who was doing 25% in THIS class than they were in other classes, and that they were a sub-par student.

^ This.
This is a blank sig.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Just watched the ending of a youtube Phoenix Wright MLP crossover thing.  I saw parts most of it before, but it wasn't finished, back then and I just noticed the final episode being available.  I never played a PW game, and while I know a few characters I never was big into MLP.  And I enjoyed it. It made me happy, it was a good story.

Maybe I should play a Pheonix Wright game...  Maybe...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Just watched the ending of a youtube Phoenix Wright MLP crossover thing.  I saw parts most of it before, but it wasn't finished, back then and I just noticed the final episode being available.  I never played a PW game, and while I know a few characters I never was big into MLP.  And I enjoyed it. It made me happy, it was a good story.

Maybe I should play a Pheonix Wright game...  Maybe...
Was it the one with the lightning?

And no you shouldn't. You should play at least the original trilogy. Investigations and DD are both good as well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Today was my girlfriends birthday. I got her a bunch of old books about aliens and ufos. And some chocolate.
I forgot to mention I got my girlfriend chocolate and band merch for aniversary/birthday..

Any specific titles to the books?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

^ This.

Oh, okay. I encounter the type I described so frequently I guess I'm starting to see them where they aren't.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I got an excellence in my chemistry exams.

That's... I kind of forgot how it feels when things go better than expected.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

I am no longer sickness. Yay.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:08:45 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Double cakeday means cheesecake one day (and really, really good cheesecake at that, I would say its the best cheesecake in the word) and normal cakeday things the next.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 10313 10314 [10315] 10316 10317 ... 13325