Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10303 10304 [10305] 10306 10307 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762782 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/creditcards/10231556/Man-who-created-own-credit-card-sues-bank-for-not-sticking-to-terms.html
When Dmitry Argarkov was sent a letter offering him a credit card, he found the rates not to his liking ... But he didn't throw the contract away or shred it. Instead, the 42-year-old from Voronezh, Russia, scanned it into his computer, altered the terms and sent it back to Tinkoff Credit Systems. Mr Argarkov's version of the contract contained a 0pc interest rate, no fees and no credit limit. Every time the bank failed to comply with the rules, he would fine them 3m rubles (£58,716). If Tinkoff tried to cancel the contract, it would have to pay him 6m rubles. Tinkoff apparently failed to read the amendments, signed the contract and sent Mr Argakov a credit card.
[...]
 Earlier this week a Russian judge ruled in Mr Argakov's favour. Tinkoff had signed the contract and was legally bound to it. Mr Argakov was only ordered to pay an outstanding balance of 19,000 rubles (£371). "They signed the documents without looking. They said what usually their borrowers say in court: 'We have not read it',” said Mr Mikhalevich. But now Mr Argakov has taken matters one step further. He is suing Tinkoff for 24m rubles for not honouring the contract and breaking the agreement.

This is beautiful.

Toady is adding scientists to DF. So many books to collect. So many intellectuals to round up and destroy the learnings of for the purposes of maintaining a monopoly on knowledge.
It's beautiful that he's working on that even when it has no gameplay impact whatsoever. Praise Toady.

So is this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

It is awesome.

I am concerned however that religious texts are being left out, unless they fall under the domain of philosophers. There needs to be 10543 page essays on the virtues of the goddess of lust, death and rain.
I imagine that religious scholars will be a thing, since temples are one of the first visitor attracting buildings that he's adding.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Toady is adding scientists to DF. So many books to collect. So many intellectuals to round up and destroy the learnings of for the purposes of maintaining a monopoly on knowledge.
It's beautiful that he's working on that even when it has no gameplay impact whatsoever. Praise Toady.
He hinted that it may eventually have an impact on gameplay. Would be cool to start a fortress at the start of the world and have your fort be one of the primary powers advancing the knowledge and world power of your dwarven civ. Until the fort dies in magma and fire and zombies of course.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Soon my fortress will enjoy the scholarship of a dwarven Thomas Aquinas. Who doesn't need a four thousand-page tome on the gods of destruction and mayhem?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I got the weirdest stiffie right now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I read that as giraffe and immediately started questioning why you have a weird giraffe and what that has to do with DF development.

This was amusing enough to make me happy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

That's weird?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

That's weird?
I'm asexual, of course it is.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>2015
>Not being libersexual
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Attracted exclusively to Liberians?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I just took the latin for "book" but apparently some Tumblerina has already claimed it to mean the same thing as bisexual so...
Fucksakes what happened to sensible etymologies?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

It went out the window when we went "fuck it!" and started mixing Greek, Latin, and every other god-damn language to make "scientific" words. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

It went out the window when we went "fuck it!" and started mixing Greek, Latin, and every other god-damn language to make "scientific" words. :P

Yeah, a little part of me dies everytime I hear "pan" appended to an otherwise latin word.

Actual happy: I got books 5 & 6 of the Skulduggery Pleasant series and the second season of Avatar. Many readings/watchings are to be had.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Paper's about half done, 8 pages of bitching in. Just gotta soldier on :I
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

We should just stick with everythingthatmovessexual.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 10303 10304 [10305] 10306 10307 ... 13325