Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10215 10216 [10217] 10218 10219 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763831 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #153240 on: February 26, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

My Happy is best described in greentext form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good times. Especially good since this is my last couple of days in town. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153241 on: February 26, 2015, 07:23:52 pm »

I'm at a speech meet today.
I think I'm going to die of anxiety

Good luck, is this your first?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153242 on: February 26, 2015, 08:19:22 pm »

Got a decent quality knife/flashlight from a friend who got them @ his job
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153243 on: February 26, 2015, 08:27:39 pm »

A knife/flashlight sounds impractical. Surely the benefit to having a torch would be that you could light up what you're cutting with the knife. But the only way you could mount the knife to it would be so that blade was pointing the opposite direction to the beam produced by the torch.

EDIT: Actually I can see how you might have it be pointing the same way, but the torch would have to be pretty small, or the knife difficult to hold.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153244 on: February 26, 2015, 08:44:01 pm »

It overspecialization.  But utility insofar as cutting all the boxes of the world.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #153245 on: February 26, 2015, 08:44:37 pm »

Holy Shit.
I just finished the three fucking essays due tomorrow, I have never written this much about civil rights in one day.
I am one accomplished motherfucker.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153246 on: February 26, 2015, 09:20:23 pm »

Try using wolfram alpha, it's pretty good about having the various properties you need, a quick glance and I'm not seeing any that are missing from it's page on iron. (Make sure to click the "more" buttons when applicable).

I use Wolfram Alpha enough that I wrote a personal python script to automatically convert wolfram alpha results into DF materials.

The problem is that it doesn't have shear yield or compressive yield. Those both exist, says Wikipedia, but nothing has data on either. Apparently wikipedia only has data on tensile. I guess this is because most metals have a lower tensile yield than either of the others, making the others irrelevant for the most part, but DF don't work that way.

It's also mysteriously missing ultimate tensile strength on that page, though I'm pretty sure it has it anyway if you search for it specifically.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:22:43 pm by Putnam »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153247 on: February 26, 2015, 09:23:32 pm »

I use Wolfram Alpha enough that I wrote a personal python script to automatically convert wolfram alpha results into DF materials.

That's actually pretty damn funny, to me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153248 on: February 26, 2015, 09:29:45 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:47:12 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153249 on: February 26, 2015, 09:54:03 pm »

What's a Speech Meet? All a cursory search turns up is that it's the name of some sort of convention.
It's where people perform mini, one act plays

I do humorous interpretation so it's me by myself doing a 10 minute funny skit.
There is also duets which are the same time but with two people
There is story telling that runs shorter and is where the performer acts like they are telling their story to a group of children
Radio speaking is self explanatory
Original oratory is where the performer makes their own oratory and performs it
And a few others
They perform in groups and get judged on how good they perform

Also
Happy I placed 3rd out of 4 in my category
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153250 on: February 26, 2015, 10:48:44 pm »

sick!

Only four people in humerous interp? What circuit are you in, independent school?

The way we do it in the south is we have Humerous, duo, and Dramatic interps, impromptu and extemperaneous speaking, OO, and maybe something else (spelling?)

I always did impromptu and extemp, how are you liking interp?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153251 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:40 pm »

4 in group A and four in group B
Having a lot of people in one group muddles results and ends up in lots of ties
Speaking of which there were like 10 ties today
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #153252 on: February 26, 2015, 11:34:09 pm »

I just deleted all of my illegally-downloaded music--16G--and will be purchasing legal copies of the stuff I really like.

I've got different opinions on piracy in general vs. what I think I should do myself, so don't take this as a judgment on you, whatever your position may be--this is just really important to me because most of my music library was given to me by an abusive ex and I've got quite enough money to buy my own copies now.
Congratulations! Seriously, it felt awesome when I got through doing the same thing. It's nice to know that I'm supporting the artists who're doing the stuff I really like, and I have enough self-control to go without the stuff I can't or won't pay for. I think we've got different motivations (no abusive ex in my past) but, eh. It kinda felt like taking a weight off. Thanks for reminding me :)

EDIT: Oh, and I got some old sprites I did down to 16 colors so that I could use them as examples when offering to help with somebody else's project.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:38:09 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153253 on: February 27, 2015, 12:02:59 am »

Try using wolfram alpha, it's pretty good about having the various properties you need, a quick glance and I'm not seeing any that are missing from it's page on iron. (Make sure to click the "more" buttons when applicable).

The problem is that it doesn't have shear yield or compressive yield. Those both exist, says Wikipedia, but nothing has data on either. Apparently wikipedia only has data on tensile. I guess this is because most metals have a lower tensile yield than either of the others, making the others irrelevant for the most part, but DF don't work that way.

It's also mysteriously missing ultimate tensile strength on that page, though I'm pretty sure it has it anyway if you search for it specifically.
Looks like it's time for the deep web?
You probably want an engineering materials handbook for those, I think.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #153254 on: February 27, 2015, 12:57:20 am »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3653#comic

There's a grocery store manager position (the whole store) open and I absolutely wanna work there. Not sure how to make myself fit into that position. Want to.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:01:46 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 10215 10216 [10217] 10218 10219 ... 13325