Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10122 10123 [10124] 10125 10126 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778333 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #151845 on: February 04, 2015, 05:30:46 pm »

Well. I seem to be leaving again, in a sense.

I'm not going to be around as much anymore outside of the Flight of the Twelve Behemoths and Book Club threads (and occasional posts about creative projects), because I'm trying to build a happier life for myself offline and spend more time creating and learning, less time consuming, and all that jazz. I really just can't maintain the intensity of my involvement here and do the things I want to do with my time, and I've come to see that the frequency of my posting is destroying my ability to write well. At some point, I stopped cultivating deliberation. Frankly, even writing this very carefully, I feel like my message is being distorted through stylistic exigencies. I've spent most of the evening going through my tumblr and twitter, deleting stuff, unfollowing people. The aesthetic of transience is wonderful, but I don't think its practice through the internet is very good for me.

Still: Y'all have been great. Thanks for the years, and years, and years of happy memories.

(As a footnote, I don't seem to have PTSD anymore. For those of you who have been considering going into therapy, I had an extremely poor experience in the first place that resulted in a. A highly unethical asperger's diagnosis by an unlicensed practitioner and b. Nearly being medicated for depression before anyone bothered to try figuring out why I was depressed. If your therapist isn't working for you, go and get a new one--but if you've been thinking about therapy, there's probably a reason for that. Find someone who understands you. Stick to it. When it works, it's worth it.)

Goodbye and good luck. It sounds like life will be awesome for you  :D.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #151846 on: February 04, 2015, 06:21:39 pm »

The entire motivation for a semester-long term paper I'm writing is a Cracked article, whose citations I will also be citing. It's going to be difficult, but I think I will be able to refrain from putting a trollface watermark on every page in the faintest possible coloring.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #151847 on: February 04, 2015, 06:34:11 pm »

A group of students is holding a protest outside the student union building here on campus. They are specifically protesting against the abortion of human children. What makes me happy is that they haven't been arrested or evicted yet, which is what I expected would happen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #151848 on: February 04, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »

Can't say I approve of the message they want to send, but I approve of the university's refusal to silence them, I suppose. May it be ever consistent in that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #151849 on: February 04, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »

Can't say I approve of the message they want to send, but I approve of the university's refusal to silence them, I suppose. May it be ever consistent in that.

Also VECTORHUG!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #151850 on: February 04, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »

Yeah, apparently it was organized by the westboro baptist church. The idiots did get evicted before I showed up, apparently, but at least we can discuss these things.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151851 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:01 pm »

Good luck Vector.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #151852 on: February 04, 2015, 07:36:38 pm »

I hope everything goes well for you in meatspace, Vector! :D

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151853 on: February 04, 2015, 07:37:50 pm »

Yeah, apparently it was organized by the westboro baptist church. The idiots did get evicted before I showed up, apparently, but at least we can discuss these things.
Sometimes I wonder if the WBC is a conspiracy to discredit us Republicans.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151854 on: February 04, 2015, 07:41:57 pm »

Argh, you worked it out. Just like how all the school shootings are false-flag operations by the liberal conspiracyhoaxters in order to disarm the brave murrican people.
You can expect a visit from some nice gentlemen in suits soon.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #151855 on: February 04, 2015, 08:01:43 pm »

Argh, you worked it out. Just like how all the school shootings are false-flag operations by the liberal conspiracyhoaxters in order to disarm the brave murrican people.
You can expect a visit from some nice gentlemen in suits soon.
All these conspiracy theories and such, and all the cross-examinations and jokes from all parties and the like are giving me a headache. Makes me want to step away from it all. THE DEMOTIVATIONAL CONSPIRACY IS IN ACTION AND WORKS!!! LET THE SHEEPLE KNOW-- Wait a second.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #151856 on: February 04, 2015, 08:05:25 pm »

All of these conspiracy theories were concocted by the government to sew discord and fear among the population.

*beat*

Wait a sec.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151857 on: February 04, 2015, 08:08:52 pm »

All of these conspiracy theories were concocted by the government to sew discord and fear among the population.

*beat*

Wait a sec.
Actually the government made and designed these conspiracy theories to discredit the claims of any whistleblowers and to draw civilian attention from all the good stuff.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151858 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:15 pm »

*beat*

Wait a sec.

I was going to humorously interpret your statement to address the spelling mistake, but... "sow and "sew" work about the same in that context.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151859 on: February 04, 2015, 08:16:33 pm »

My happy for the day is that this thread is larger than all of the other "Things that made X today" threads.
Pages: 1 ... 10122 10123 [10124] 10125 10126 ... 13325