Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10095 10096 [10097] 10098 10099 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746916 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #151440 on: January 30, 2015, 12:11:31 am »

Because wherever I go on the internet, no one has heard of this game. Until recently, it seems.
I love the Wizardry series! I have to admit, though, my favorite is Heart of the Maelstrom.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #151441 on: January 30, 2015, 12:11:59 am »

Large soft fuel tanks would make anyone happy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151442 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:33 am »

Because wherever I go on the internet, no one has heard of this game. Until recently, it seems.
Weird. I've noticed mention of it all over the place for... years, I guess. I mean, the games have been around for a while, ha. They're one of those things that get mentioned whenever the older CRPGs come up, at least in passing. Usually with a fair amount of praise.

E: Haven't personally played Wiz 8... or any of them, really, though. At least not much. That old first-person dungeon crawl just rubs my nerves raw -- there's been something like three or four games of that style I've been able to stomach playing for any length of time, out of the multiple-dozens I've tried over the years (and yes, that includes pretty much all of the big names). I get unpleasantly lost, usually. As opposed to pleasantly lost, which can also happen. Something about that style of game just really tends to bugger my sense of direction.  Worse than ruddy MUDs they are, for me :-\
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:21:10 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151443 on: January 30, 2015, 12:23:26 am »

I love the Wizardry series! I have to admit, though, my favorite is Heart of the Maelstrom.

I've only played the first Wizardry, really. I've made a couple attempts at Return of Werdna, but failed pretty badly. Actually, I'm almost certain I've run across a forumite named Werdna somewhere on Bay12. Where can you even GET Wizardry games anymore? I've investigated this in the past, but didn't have any luck.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151444 on: January 30, 2015, 12:34:24 am »

*shrugs* 6-8 are on GOG or steam. There's some console versions of several of the earlier ones (some of them even translated!) you can paw through via emulation. Everything else is... also online, but... hoisted flaggy. Well, moreso than the emulation is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #151445 on: January 30, 2015, 12:38:29 am »

I've only played the first Wizardry, really. I've made a couple attempts at Return of Werdna, but failed pretty badly. Actually, I'm almost certain I've run across a forumite named Werdna somewhere on Bay12. Where can you even GET Wizardry games anymore? I've investigated this in the past, but didn't have any luck.
The 8th game is a bit of an odd duck. The fans of the older ones decry it for having different gameplay, not being in a pure fantasy setting, etc. It's still got that whole "blobber" thing where your whole party moves as one unit through the world, but instead of fights consisting of you standing there trading blows with a group of monsters, it uses the 3D map so you can move the party around during the fight, engagement distance matters, which way you're facing matters (back into a corner to protect the squishy people in back, etc).

Alright, I shall do an iron man run with an extremely poorly optimized party as soon as I get enough volunteers, then once that dies I might do a minimalist screenshot LP.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151446 on: January 30, 2015, 12:45:34 am »

The 8th game is a bit of an odd duck. The fans of the older ones decry it for having different gameplay, not being in a pure fantasy setting, etc. It's still got that whole "blobber" thing where your whole party moves as one unit through the world, but instead of fights consisting of you standing there trading blows with a group of monsters, it uses the 3D map so you can move the party around during the fight, engagement distance matters, which way you're facing matters (back into a corner to protect the squishy people in back, etc).

Only somewhat related, and I can't remember whether it was of Wizardry or Might and Magic or some other similar game,  but I remember seeing a piece of fan art that depicted the player characters as a four headed person.  :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151447 on: January 30, 2015, 12:52:39 am »

Alright, just need one more volunteer (collected from more than just this thread) to complete the party. Also, throw me some class preferences, I'll use the nearest thing available in this game. This game has a lot of classes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151448 on: January 30, 2015, 12:54:46 am »

I'll be a druid sort of thing, if you've still got that slot left.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151449 on: January 30, 2015, 12:55:05 am »

Uh... sure?

Some kind of thief mage. Like illusion magic and such. 'Cause stealing is great.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #151450 on: January 30, 2015, 12:56:09 am »

I just saw a man get mobbed by a swarm of tactile-illusion butts, which caused him to explode. Unsounded is a quality webcomic.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151451 on: January 30, 2015, 12:59:11 am »

I'll be a druid sort of thing, if you've still got that slot left.
That was the last slot, welcome aboard!

Uh... sure?

Some kind of thief mage. Like illusion magic and such. 'Cause stealing is great.
Since I forgot to collect classes from the other 2 volunteers on this thread, I'll give this class (approximation thereof) to one of them. Any other blind class suggestions?

Throw me some race ones too, or else everyone gets hummies. And I want to see how poorly optimized a party can get from blind suggestions, so I'd prefer to avoid the "can do anything" race.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151452 on: January 30, 2015, 01:01:26 am »

Gnomes and Kobolds!

I just saw a man get mobbed by a swarm of tactile-illusion butts, which caused him to explode. Unsounded is a quality webcomic.

Link or it didn't happen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151453 on: January 30, 2015, 01:03:18 am »

Aaaaah, late night Payday is great. Especially with my usual lot of wankers friends.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #151454 on: January 30, 2015, 01:05:36 am »

I'll be an alchemist/bard! Demonic or Draconian, if they have those. Otherwise a dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 10095 10096 [10097] 10098 10099 ... 13325