Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10063 10064 [10065] 10066 10067 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766349 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150960 on: January 25, 2015, 12:34:40 pm »

You don't understand.  I went to see if that's a thing Toady was working on :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #150961 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »

Un-fucking-believable. The name, mostly, and seeing it crop up in a textbook. It does in fact stand for Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network, and references to things please me. Because I'm basically a taller version of a child, but that's beside the point.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #150962 on: January 25, 2015, 01:17:48 pm »

I'll probably move into distant rural areas of Russia where there is no communication but regular mail delivered on helicopters in years that'll follow, because things like this scare me.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150963 on: January 25, 2015, 01:19:56 pm »

Working on my experiment again today
It's not going nearly as hopped for
And yesterday's attempt at making stannous chloride failed horribly
Let's hope I can get it made today
Probably not .-.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150964 on: January 25, 2015, 01:24:18 pm »

Are you making tin (II) chloride or tin (IV) chloride? What's the problem?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150966 on: January 25, 2015, 01:26:10 pm »

Tin(II) chloride, apparently. IIRC tin(IV) chloride is a pain in the ass to prepare.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150967 on: January 25, 2015, 01:31:22 pm »

Ah yes, the infamous Emu War. Even to this day Australia is periodically harrassed by swarms of magpies seeking revenge for their fallen bethren.
Honestly the Emu War is a great example for why Australians are notoriously immune to racism.
When we are factually aware of how much of a joke we are, it really takes the sting out.

For those who couldn't be bothered using Wikipedia, basically there was a massive migration of thousands of emu (like a smaller, feathered ostrich) after WW1, so they called out a military division with machine guns in order to stop it.
We failed miserably and retreated because of the immense costs compared to the minimal casualties.

Quote from: Major G.P. Meredith
If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world...They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop

Never fails to amuse.

In other news
http://www.avoiceformalestudents.com/regret-is-not-rape-lessons-from-an-old-school-feminist/
Careful Throwing These Views Around, People Will Think You're A Misogynist.

However it does make me recall my highschool sex-ed classes.
Which was essentially us being shoved into a classroom, shown a video and then having "MEN ARE INTRINSICALLY EVIL! DO NOT RAPE WOMEN!" repeatedly shouted at us.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:39:00 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150968 on: January 25, 2015, 01:32:15 pm »

Tin(II) chloride, apparently. IIRC tin(IV) chloride is a pain in the ass to prepare.

Maybe this is exactly why problems occur. It is also hard to preserve it from hydrolysis, because it does so on contact with air, and therefore the whole process of obtaining it should be executed in atmosphere of inert gas.
Sigs

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150969 on: January 25, 2015, 01:33:54 pm »

Ah yes, the infamous Emu War. Even to this day Australia is periodically harrassed by swarms of magpies seeking revenge for their fallen bethren.
Honestly the Emu War is a great example for why Australians are notoriously immune to racism.
When we are factually aware of how much of a joke we are, it really takes the sting out.

For those who couldn't be bothered using Wikipedia, basically there was a massive migration of thousands of emu (like a smaller, feathered ostrich) after WW1, so they called out a military division with machine guns in order to stop it.
We failed miserably and retreated because of the immense costs compared to the minimal casualties.

Quote from: Major G.P. Meredith
If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world...They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop

Never fails to amuse.

I assume you can eat Emus. I'm surprised they didn't encourage people to hunt them more - that would help solve the problem in a cheaper and productive way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150970 on: January 25, 2015, 01:45:08 pm »

They did end up just instituting a bounty.
But the cogs of government turn slow, when jammed with feathers.

In Other, Other; Other news.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #150971 on: January 25, 2015, 01:46:24 pm »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:03:32 am by penguinofhonor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150972 on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »

Happy; Laptop is now functional enough to run skyrim at a decent fps.

Sads: no audio at all through the speakers or headphones, with any program. No clue.

Audio working again. Still no clue.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:53:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150973 on: January 25, 2015, 01:54:29 pm »

I have no idea what (ion?) of tin it is
I got tin shot and muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to make it but the acid has barely tarnished the shot
I think the problem is that is 50 degrees F and the guide I'm looking at for doing this was done in 80~90 degrees F
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150974 on: January 25, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »

That would be SnCl2 you got. It should work in room temperature (~25 C), but beware for it heats itself up.

Also, I cannot into Fahrenheit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:04:08 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 10063 10064 [10065] 10066 10067 ... 13325