Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10014 10015 [10016] 10017 10018 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778871 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150225 on: January 16, 2015, 03:46:24 pm »

This track.

Don't ask me why the beat of a freight train makes me happy, it just does.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150226 on: January 16, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »

I can see "Hi, I'm German" being a confusing introduction.
That's pretty much how it went during my years in that anglophone Swiss boarding school. Add to that my full name being German Olegovich Rudakov, which is apparently hard as all hell for the English-speakers to pronounce and doesn't sound that nice anyway when butchered by the angular English consonants, and you'll see why I stopped liking my name very fast after I left Russia for study.

If that's actually your name and picture, you're a braver man than I.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150227 on: January 16, 2015, 03:55:36 pm »

what's the worst that can happen? owlbread poisoning his haggis?

now were he an american i'd be pretty damn concerned about his personal info and revealing thereof

unhappy thread things and all that

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #150228 on: January 16, 2015, 05:15:57 pm »

Still on a nerdcore-rap bender, today with Mega Ran

Can't decide whether my favourite track is Splash Woman or Mako Reactor

For those not in the know, Mega Ran (or Random) is a nerdy-ass rapper who grew up on oldschool games, leading to several mega man albums, a rap cover of the soundtrack for FF7, and a rap-opera story in the Castlevania universe.

Sick af.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150229 on: January 16, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

what's the worst that can happen? owlbread poisoning his haggis?

now were he an american i'd be pretty damn concerned about his personal info and revealing thereof

unhappy thread things and all that
Why's it worse in America?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #150230 on: January 16, 2015, 05:35:22 pm »

As I (and many others) have pointed out, in this day and age it doesn't really matter if you reveal it directly or just indirectly. Even if you've actively taken steps to erase your online presence it's still totally possible for someone to put together who you are and your picture with a bit of work. On another forum somebody once was talking about it and in a case of point I managed to look up what town they lived in and a couple potential pictures within the space of an hour or so just from a few random pieces of information they had once posted. (Not that I did anything with said information after all). If somebody really wanted to find who you were it's totally possible unless you've been taking steps for as long as you've been on the internet, all you are doing is making it take slightly longer by not actually posting the information directly. (And unless you were born after mid-2011 or before 1973 it's totally possible to extrapolate your SSN with a little extra work to some like 60% accuracy).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150231 on: January 16, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

I just drove for the first legitimate time in my life.
I did very well if my moms words are trustworthy.
Got home and found out that my dad baught
Wait for it
FAYGO!
Rock and rye to be exact
I havnt had that in forever, it is my favorite soda in the world
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #150232 on: January 16, 2015, 06:06:20 pm »

Driving is fun until you only ever use it to drive to work and classes and discover it's actually really tedious.

Also, what is an SSN, exactly? In NZ we have IRD numbers, but that's mostly just for tax and student loans. No, I can't be bothered using Google.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #150233 on: January 16, 2015, 06:11:55 pm »

Social Security Number. Supposed to be used for Social Security, as the name implies, but used as a de facto ID number.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150234 on: January 16, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »

Mine rather pointlessly is an old Norse or old Germanic word that literally means "man".

Charles/Karl, I'd guess? I'll be happy to share with you that it means "[free] man", which is a bit better than just "man". Then again, I'm biased. My second name is also Karl.

The meaning of my full personal name is "[Free] Man Staff of the Goth". Or "[Free] Man Staff of God", depending on what theory you believe.
Love, scriver~

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150235 on: January 16, 2015, 06:15:02 pm »

Putting my name and my father's name together makes--

AH AH AH, NOT JUST YET, INTERNET
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150236 on: January 16, 2015, 06:15:41 pm »

Mine rather pointlessly is an old Norse or old Germanic word that literally means "man".

Charles/Karl, I'd guess? I'll be happy to share with you that it means "[free] man", which is a bit better than just "man". Then again, I'm biased. My second name is also Karl.

The meaning of my full personal name is "[Free] Man Staff of the Goth". Or "[Free] Man Staff of God", depending on what theory you believe.

Awesome.

Driving is fun until you only ever use it to drive to work and classes and discover it's actually really tedious.

Also, what is an SSN, exactly? In NZ we have IRD numbers, but that's mostly just for tax and student loans. No, I can't be bothered using Google.

There is something soul destroying about doing the same drive every day. Also, the sheer cost of running/maintaining a vehicle is a fucking killer.

This is a blank sig.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150237 on: January 16, 2015, 06:20:35 pm »

Please don't, the true name of Taw is probably like invoking Sauron or Voldemort.

Taw isn't Gandalf. He's not Bombadil. He's the villain, man! He's duped us all! IT'S THE END OF DAAAAYS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150238 on: January 16, 2015, 06:24:56 pm »

Please don't, the true name of Taw is probably like invoking Sauron or Voldemort.

Taw isn't Gandalf. He's not Bombadil. He's the villain, man! He's duped us all! IT'S THE END OF DAAAAYS
You forgot Shai'tan. all hail the dark one

You also forgot that you need a few ranks in Truenaming to have even a chance at pronouncing it correctly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:31:25 pm by Tawarochir »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150239 on: January 16, 2015, 06:26:41 pm »

I have the same initials as... a whole bunch of family members. It makes a few things confusing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 10014 10015 [10016] 10017 10018 ... 13325