Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10010 10011 [10012] 10013 10014 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772861 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150165 on: January 16, 2015, 08:14:04 am »

Sorry MZ, your kid's name is now Susan.

Pronounced "Ellen".

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #150166 on: January 16, 2015, 08:18:09 am »

That whole tradition of giving second names is actually a good thing, I think - if you can't get decided on one specific name among two variants, you can give both.

In Russia, though, second names are not chosen - they are given after father with specific ending added.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #150167 on: January 16, 2015, 08:48:51 am »

I was given a weird name (and by weird I mean "was in a declining trend roughly two generations ago and nobody knows how to spell the damn thing") and my second names are both terrible.

So yeah. I definitely advocate giving your kid the option of not using their wacky first name if they so desire.

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #150168 on: January 16, 2015, 09:00:57 am »

Why just stop at a second name? Go the whole way and give your kid not only your surname, but that of the mother as well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #150169 on: January 16, 2015, 09:06:34 am »

Hell, I only have last names- my name is X Y Z, named after an ancestor named John X Y, and he got his middle name from his mother Anna X.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150170 on: January 16, 2015, 09:09:45 am »

Hell, I only have last names- my name is X Y Z, named after an ancestor named John X Y, and he got his middle name from his mother Anna X.
Bah, you only get respect from me if you have more words, counting pronouns, in your name than I have (6).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150171 on: January 16, 2015, 09:34:19 am »

So why not Eowyn Susan [last_name]?

Ee-oh-wyn. Is it pronounced like that, again?
Depending on who you talk to, the "o" is a ghost vowel, making it pronounced "Eh-win" or "Eh-ah-win."

Bah, you only get respect from me if you have more words, counting pronouns, in your name than I have (6).
Are you Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150172 on: January 16, 2015, 09:36:45 am »

Are you Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso?
Yes. I am, in fact, Picasso

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150173 on: January 16, 2015, 09:41:20 am »

I'm back in Hong Kong for the weekend. Back to Imgur, Facebook, and Youtube for a while.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150174 on: January 16, 2015, 09:43:07 am »

What the fuck are you doing on the internet? Picasso said computers were useless.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150175 on: January 16, 2015, 09:54:58 am »

What the fuck are you doing on the internet? Picasso said computers were useless.

picasso also drew tits made of bricks but nobody saw him trying to cop a feel at a lego factory now did they

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #150176 on: January 16, 2015, 10:02:38 am »

So why not Eowyn Susan [last_name]?

Ee-oh-wyn. Is it pronounced like that, again?
Depending on who you talk to, the "o" is a ghost vowel, making it pronounced "Eh-win" or "Eh-ah-win."

Thanks. I'm far from accustomed to such names, so I'm not good at pronunciation of those, as you see.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150177 on: January 16, 2015, 10:14:24 am »

picasso also drew tits made of bricks but nobody saw him trying to cop a feel at a lego factory now did they

Why go to the factory? You can go to the store and buy legos!
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150178 on: January 16, 2015, 10:15:30 am »

Why go to the factory? You can go to the store and buy legos!
Not enough in the store.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #150179 on: January 16, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

I think I only narrowly avoided getting a Tolkein name. Instead, I got a Celtic one.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 10010 10011 [10012] 10013 10014 ... 13325