Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10003 10004 [10005] 10006 10007 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765796 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150060 on: January 15, 2015, 01:27:22 am »

oh my goodddd

these donuts

sugared, not powdered...bottle of diet pepsi...

life is goooooood
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150061 on: January 15, 2015, 02:14:01 am »

Right, in a bit I'll check out this 'Supernatural' show. Hope I'm not disappoint!
Do what I did and stop at the end of Season Five. It's a good end point for the series besides the cliffhanger at the very end.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150063 on: January 15, 2015, 02:34:12 am »

I stopped watching somewhere in the second season, I believe. I liked it a lot more when it was a genuine "monster of the week" show and not half-assedly cramming demons and angels everywhere. I liked learning about various monsters, dammit!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150064 on: January 15, 2015, 02:36:09 am »

good end point
cliffhanger at the very end
Uh-huh.
Just ignore it. Every single plot point wraps up and then something just happens out of nowhere to unravel them all again. It's stupid and it never happened and neither did any season past 5.
That's just how I feel.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #150065 on: January 15, 2015, 02:40:38 am »

To be fair, I've never even seen the show (though one of my friends did rave about it to a concerning degree) and I have a thing against unresolved cliffhangers.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #150066 on: January 15, 2015, 03:16:28 am »

Niece and family at home from the capital. ^ ^

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #150069 on: January 15, 2015, 05:25:30 am »

Speaking of alarms... Just got up thirty minutes before the alarm and I'm awake hours before my usual wakeup time. Why?
Cats. Nature's alarm.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150070 on: January 15, 2015, 06:09:47 am »

I'm happy with Dark Souls 2 thus far. I love coop alot. I'm currently working my way through the DLC bosses.

But man, PVP is hell. It's just so laggy, I don't even know how to fight these guys with that much lag. Whenever the message that I'm getting invaded pops up, it's a death sentence.

But other than that, I love it alot so far.

I was in a car accident a few days ago, that I detailed in the Sad Thread, and I'm starting to feel a little better about it. I'm still extremely upset at it happening, and that it even happened makes me wince at my own incompetence, but I'm getting over it a little. A little.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [??:?] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150071 on: January 15, 2015, 06:24:14 am »

That's good to hear, Josh! :)
No use beating yourself up over your mistakes. Beat other people up over theirs instead!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #150072 on: January 15, 2015, 07:07:55 am »

Doctor told me to stop the antibiotics because it seems likely they were causing my stomach problems.

I know about the whole antibiotic resistance thing, but the fact that I'm probably not gonna be having my VERY upset stomach is such a sodding relief.

Tangentially related, but I heard from my Microbiology professor that there was a paper lately about a particular IIRC bacterial antibiotic that wouldn't induce antibiotic resistance... somehow. Bacteriocine? Might be mixing it up with something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150073 on: January 15, 2015, 07:38:12 am »

Doctor told me to stop the antibiotics because it seems likely they were causing my stomach problems.

I know about the whole antibiotic resistance thing, but the fact that I'm probably not gonna be having my VERY upset stomach is such a sodding relief.

Tangentially related, but I heard from my Microbiology professor that there was a paper lately about a particular IIRC bacterial antibiotic that wouldn't induce antibiotic resistance... somehow. Bacteriocine? Might be mixing it up with something.

My education on the  Throw a big enough screwball at cellular defenses and create a life-hostile condition on a molecular level. Find a substance that fully disrupts peptidoglycan/lipopolysaccharide compounds in cell walls and you'll force bacteria to completely re-design their cell structure for them to adapt. That's already the concept behind Penicillin, but on a less wholesome scale. It's like we're fighting a war against a country that rapidly develops better bulletproof armor, then one day we roll out ionized radiation guns.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #150074 on: January 15, 2015, 07:41:40 am »

How would you even weaponise ionised radiation? I can't imagine a bunch of SAS guys running around going all "Eat alpha particles, bitch!".
Also of note is that "eat alpha particles" doesn't really have the same ring to it as "eat lead".
Pages: 1 ... 10003 10004 [10005] 10006 10007 ... 13325