Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9990 9991 [9992] 9993 9994 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754537 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #149865 on: January 12, 2015, 08:02:05 pm »

But eskrima IIRC just teach show to strike, with no specifications on how. Though I don't think there is much stabbing when training with batons, I think that's more for the knives section and I don't think all schools train that
This has knives later on, but there's stabbing with the batons as well. Turns out, forcing a solid blunt object into a person's solar plexus is very painful.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #149866 on: January 12, 2015, 08:12:26 pm »

Yes indeed

My friends and I larp with non padded weapons. Specifically wooden Bokken, wooden sticks made from cut up dowel rods, and polypropalyn swords. I once charged at one of my friends from down hill and he decided to stab at me, I ran straight into the tip of a wooden bokken at full sprint, it hit right under that solid bone in the middle of your rib cage. Very very very painful (anatomy is not my strong suit)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149867 on: January 12, 2015, 08:13:43 pm »

That solid bone in the middle of your ribcage is the sternum. It hurts to get hit there. Also, you learn way more than just stabbing when being taught with spears, or at least I did in Ninjutsu.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149868 on: January 12, 2015, 08:16:01 pm »

I was just saying for example, I have seen some cool shit done with spears but I was just trying to drive the point of training with a spear teaches you way different skills than with an axe but eskrima and the like teach generaly every type of attacking and nothing specific entirely IIRC

Also yes it does hurt very much so...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149869 on: January 12, 2015, 08:20:27 pm »

Note: The Solar Plexus is a nerve cluster right under the bottom tip of your sternum. You described the same thing that MSH described. It hurts to be hit there, too. If you hit someone in the solar plexus hard enough, it can seriously damage their diaphragm, which controls lung function.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149870 on: January 12, 2015, 08:23:14 pm »

Huh...
Ya it hurt quite a bit
Though it's better than what happens to two of my friends, they always seem to be nut shotted everytime they come over and fight. I think one of them has to be sterile by now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149871 on: January 12, 2015, 08:32:14 pm »

I've been taking those for a long time, and I have my second kid on the way.

Also, to those medicals on the board: I understand that what is colloquially known as the solar plexus is actually the xyphoid process and isn't actually the celiac plexus. Please don't yell at me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149872 on: January 12, 2015, 08:41:31 pm »

.... Don't think about.... Don't think about it.... Don't think about it..... Crap!
*Cryxis has become confused

So any other major points to look out for to make sure people don't die while we (LARP?)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149873 on: January 12, 2015, 08:51:55 pm »

Throat.
Eyes would probably be pretty bad if you poked that out with your sticks.
Side of the knee's pretty bad place to get hit.
Head has a small chance of you just dying from it for little-to-no reason, as happened to a distant family member of mine.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149874 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:28 pm »

Under the armpits is pretty bad too, at least with a knife. Stick would hurt too though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149875 on: January 12, 2015, 08:55:22 pm »

The short answer is "just about anywhere, if you hit them right (wrong)".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149876 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:40 pm »

Head has a small chance of you just dying from it for little-to-no reason, as happened to a distant family member of mine.
Odds of this are much higher from hitting the side of the head. Your ears cause a structural weakness that greatly increases the odds of your temporal lobe just quitting on you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149877 on: January 12, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

I meant anywhere besides the head and throat that if hit could cause death, seems the sternum nerve cluster could cause some major problems.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #149878 on: January 12, 2015, 09:04:30 pm »

I finally asked out the girl I like at work. She told me she has a boyfriend, but it seems like there's still a good possibility that we can be friends, which is part of why I was afraid to ask her before (and also I never got as good a chance to do so as today).

Maybe not super-happy, but I don't feel very sad about it. Sure, I'm really disappointed, but I feel like being honest about my feelings for her will lead us to having a closer friendship/removes the baggage in the way for such. And, if anything, this is certainly better than the last time I asked a girl out, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:06:03 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149879 on: January 12, 2015, 09:11:33 pm »

I'm breaking my self-ban on the emotion threads, but awesome stuff happened today and I want to share.

Went to the first day of my internship today. Cute redhead is there and runs up to me the minute she sees me, possibly from me being the only person there that she knew. We spent most of the day hanging out. Talking about random stuff. Making jokes. Getting a little flirty.
After the day is over, I get her number, and we figure out that we're both going around the same way home, so we take the bus together and talk more on the way. She's awesome and sweet and pretty and I'm pretty sure she was hinting at being into me at some point but I couldn't tell for certain. She's definitely into girls, though, and she was pretty excited just to be around me, but she also hinted at a general lack of human contact (which I totally get) that made her a little clingy.
I really like her though. I would just go and ask her out already but I want to take it slow for a few days before I'm certain she'd be OK with it. Anyway, I just walked home with a pretty big smile on my face. Haven't felt this good in a long time.
Pages: 1 ... 9990 9991 [9992] 9993 9994 ... 13325