Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9845 9846 [9847] 9848 9849 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795475 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #147690 on: December 15, 2014, 02:58:11 am »

Are you playing on PC? If so, did you have to mess around to get it playable? I heard that the PC port of Dark Souls was kinda terrible, but I'd like to see what all the hype is for myself.

It is on PC, and the only thing I really had to do was get a controller and sign up for Gaming for Windows Live. Signing up was a little bit of a hassle, but not a headache.

GFWL isn't even strictly necessary, it's just if you want to enjoy the many many online features of the game, which still has an active playerbase. It's just that if GFWL ever decides to crash, you get immediately kicked from the game. Just thrown right out. I was in the middle of a death animation when it crashed once, and upon reconnecting like 20 minutes later, the game picked right back up where it left off in the middle of my death animation.

Otherwise it's been an unforgettable experience.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #147691 on: December 15, 2014, 03:07:13 am »

Are you playing on PC? If so, did you have to mess around to get it playable? I heard that the PC port of Dark Souls was kinda terrible, but I'd like to see what all the hype is for myself.
Here's how I experienced DS - playing it on PC right off the bat shows a myriad of problems, big and small - resolution settings kinda faking the actual set resolution, stuttering, mouse cursor in-game and lock-on problems to name the most jarring. Not completely horrible, the game is still good enough to make you wanna play it, but after a while I deleted my first character because deep down I just wasn't so pleased with this game to really get connected to her.

However, after some time off, I decided to play again, this time fully modding it with necessary fixes and boy oh boy did t become an actual JOY to get destroyed in-game. Seriously, it was just after that did I realize how fluid combat system really is. No more game deciding to change targets mid-strike, no more plummeting to death because of 0.5s stutter. Also, I play it with keyboard + mouse and I see absolutely no reason to switch to gamepad.
So my advice - search for dsfix and dscfix, it will make the whole experience just so much better. Dunno how JoshuaFH managed to play without those two though, maybe it's hardware related.

I beat Dark Souls! Just me and my 15+ Large Club originally pilfered off a mutant barbarian, and I pound my way through all the bosses with relative ease. Just one tenderizing strike at a time, and a little help from Solaire.

Feelin accomplished, even though there is still SO MUCH CONTENT I haven't even looked at yet. Time to continue rolling through NG+ or a new character alltogether.
You know, reading your past DS-related posts, it feels like we are almost playing a different game... Like I'm loosing too much time grinding for souls and playing to carefully to dare and explore much... Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but it's really interesting. I should really get back to DS and finally finish it.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #147692 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:06 am »

After pulling quite a few hours working, nothing beats the relaxing feeling of gallivanting at night, in the middle of the night, with your headlights off at nearly 200MPH, drifting all over the place, and dodging cars. The fact I had no crashes the entire night still amazes me. Maybe also playing my own music from my Steam music player also had something to do with it. Not IRL, but in Need for Speed.

The scenery looks so much prettier as you watch the sun rise without those obnoxious headlights on. Oddly enough, my nocturnal vision kicked in during the darkest parts of the night and I was able to drive really well that whole time. I hit every corner accurately. Quite the stress relief.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147693 on: December 15, 2014, 04:05:57 am »

Here's how I experienced DS - playing it on PC right off the bat shows a myriad of problems, big and small - resolution settings kinda faking the actual set resolution, stuttering, mouse cursor in-game and lock-on problems to name the most jarring. Not completely horrible, the game is still good enough to make you wanna play it, but after a while I deleted my first character because deep down I just wasn't so pleased with this game to really get connected to her.

However, after some time off, I decided to play again, this time fully modding it with necessary fixes and boy oh boy did t become an actual JOY to get destroyed in-game. Seriously, it was just after that did I realize how fluid combat system really is. No more game deciding to change targets mid-strike, no more plummeting to death because of 0.5s stutter. Also, I play it with keyboard + mouse and I see absolutely no reason to switch to gamepad.
So my advice - search for dsfix and dscfix, it will make the whole experience just so much better. Dunno how JoshuaFH managed to play without those two though, maybe it's hardware related.

I beat Dark Souls! Just me and my 15+ Large Club originally pilfered off a mutant barbarian, and I pound my way through all the bosses with relative ease. Just one tenderizing strike at a time, and a little help from Solaire.

Feelin accomplished, even though there is still SO MUCH CONTENT I haven't even looked at yet. Time to continue rolling through NG+ or a new character alltogether.
You know, reading your past DS-related posts, it feels like we are almost playing a different game... Like I'm loosing too much time grinding for souls and playing to carefully to dare and explore much... Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but it's really interesting. I should really get back to DS and finally finish it.

I'll totally roll a new character if you get back into it, so we can coop :P.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147694 on: December 15, 2014, 04:33:35 am »

Dragons Den is on Netflix. Binge-watching season 6. Current episode involves high-schoolers at MY AGE pulling off shit that impresses the dragons.

God bless Canada.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147695 on: December 15, 2014, 04:39:39 am »

* LordSlowpoke is sitting on a bench

it's fucking springtime

hitler take this away and bring me france thanks

also i'm being suspicious as hell right now but here's a happy

two days and it's shrek

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147696 on: December 15, 2014, 05:02:55 am »

It's 2am and here I sit, chuckling until tears roll down my eyes and desperately trying to not laugh completely out loud. I have a delicious but not horrible-for-me snack. I'm warm and toasty. Today was a good day.

The world can suck sometimes, but right here and now? Life is good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147697 on: December 15, 2014, 05:13:26 am »

6:00. Time to get up and do shit. Bay12, I'll see you at 4ish. Baibai!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147698 on: December 15, 2014, 05:31:23 am »

Iehovah's
That's how it's spelt? Gosh darn.

I always usually just say 'Church of the Latter Day Saints' (Mormons) to JW, and JW to Mormons.

Apparently JW have a secret signal that they put out the front of houses that are uncooperative, or 'claimed'- etc.
I still have yet to figure it out, though I hear it's in branches. A friend's friend purportedly just keeps some twigs in that position all the time and never gets bothered.

Yes, I also realize I'm late to the party on this topic- but hey. Party.

DARK SOULS
Is apparently migrating from GFWL to Steam soon. Gosh I hope so.
However, if you're gonna play it on PC, use a controller.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:34:14 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #147699 on: December 15, 2014, 06:22:38 am »

No, it's Jehovah, with a J. The native pronunciation is kinda like an I. J is correct for the Anglicised version, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #147700 on: December 15, 2014, 06:24:06 am »

DARK SOULS
Is apparently migrating from GFWL to Steam soon. Gosh I hope so.
However, if you're gonna play it on PC, use a controller.

With DSMfix to change the unbearable target switching, KB+M is perfectly fine. Even the default keybindings are perfectly fine, the only really odd one is "end" for the menu, but that's probably just because "home" is the default menu key for GWFL so they wanted to group them together.

Use a controller if you like controllers, but if you like KB+M it's good too.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147701 on: December 15, 2014, 06:52:21 am »

There are two hundred and fifty pages of threads on GD. Whilst meaningless, this makes me happy.

Is the Dark Souls PC port good enough for me to go out and look for it?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #147702 on: December 15, 2014, 07:44:54 am »

I don't know what you mean by go out and look for it, it's on steam so there's not much looking (and will use steamworks soon so you will have to play it on steam).

Anyway, it's a really bad port unfortunately, but there's two fan patches (DSfix and DSMfix) that improve it by a huge amount. I think I payed $5 for it on sale and it was totally worth that after the fan patches.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #147703 on: December 15, 2014, 08:05:30 am »

Also, if you happen to have or be willing to purchase a wired xbox 360 controller that'll improve the experience a lot, its how the game was designed to be played.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147704 on: December 15, 2014, 08:38:18 am »

Also, if you happen to have or be willing to purchase a wired xbox 360 controller that'll improve the experience a lot, its how the game was designed to be played.

That's what I did. I paid 30 bucks for mine, and while I'm absolutely certain that you could get one cheaper, the only problem I've been having with it is adjusting from using the Nintendo 3DS layout scheme, where select/cancel are backwards and Shoulder buttons are seldom used.

Once the Christmas Sale hits, and it better hit hard, I'm gonna pick up DS2, even though I'm SUBSTANTIALLY more spoiled from watching the Two Best Friends LP of it with Pat and Woolie.
Pages: 1 ... 9845 9846 [9847] 9848 9849 ... 13325